Mychal Kendricks released

13 hours ago, Rick said:

Does anyone know the real reason he was released? 

He is only a two down back.  Eagles want someone who can cover a TE or RB coming out of the backfield.

47 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He is only a two down back.  Eagles want someone who can cover a TE or RB coming out of the backfield.

Okay. That makes sense. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

Okay. That makes sense. Thanks.

He is a good player and isn't god awful in pass coverage but in today's league its almost a given that you must have decent coverage skills at LB. 

It was more of a money thing than anything else, Kendricks is a versatile player that can play 3 downs just fine.

His problem is Jordan Hicks and Corey Nelson are better in coverage than he his, but they are two of the best in the league. If he came here he would be a starter and an instant upgrade. A LB corp of Burfict, Brown, and Kendricks would be much better than the current corp.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/5/23/17383852/mychal-kendricks-cut-eagles-philadelphia-nfl-contract-linebacker-cap-space-news-depth-worrilow-hicks

The Eagles have talking about doing this for at least a year or longer, this wasn't a surprise to anyone that has been monitoring the situation.

When the Eagles re-signed Bradham and Nelson that was the end of Kendricks time in Philly.

15 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

It was more of a money thing than anything else, Kendricks is a versatile player that can play 3 downs just fine.

His problem is Jordan Hicks and Corey Nelson are better in coverage than he his, but they are two of the best in the league. If he came here he would be a starter and an instant upgrade. A LB corp of Burfict, Brown, and Kendricks would be much better than the current corp.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/5/23/17383852/mychal-kendricks-cut-eagles-philadelphia-nfl-contract-linebacker-cap-space-news-depth-worrilow-hicks

The Eagles have talking about doing this for at least a year or longer, this wasn't a surprise to anyone that has been monitoring the situation.

When the Eagles re-signed Bradham and Nelson that was the end of Kendricks time in Philly.

I agree his coverage skill are not bad at all, just that Hicks and Nelson are better. The Eagles philosophy is pretty simple and makes sense, you have to have excellent coverage skills to play LB on our team.  You can't win in today's league if you can't cover. 

I totally agree this would be an instant upgrade considering our non Burfict LBs have almost zero coverage skills and are not nearly as athletic and quick to the ball as Kendricks.    The Stealers are going to do whatever they can to get him. 

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I agree his coverage skill are not bad at all, just that Hicks and Nelson are better. The Eagles philosophy is pretty simple and makes sense, you have to have excellent coverage skills to play LB on our team.  You can't win in today's league if you can't cover. 

I totally agree this would be an instant upgrade considering our non Burfict LBs have almost zero coverage skills and are not nearly as athletic and quick to the ball as Kendricks.    The Stealers are going to do whatever they can to get him. 

I hope they don't get him.... fuck the Stealers!!!

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, schotzee said:

So is he or isn't he?

Hard to tell...

Mychal Kendricks on report he is signing with the Browns: 1/2: “No, it’s not accurate. I don’t know who the (bleep) said that. That (bleep) is (bleep). Whoever said that (bleep) is (bleep). That’s all I have to say, man. I’m not really talking to anybody else about it...

LB Mychal Kendricks on report he's signing with the Browns, 2/2. " It’s (bleep). I don’t like people like that. I don’t respect people like that. And that’s all I have to say.’’

On 5/23/2018 at 4:09 PM, SF2 said:

I agree but they have to replace Ryan Shazier.  

Guess it's getting harder to find players who don't care about being coached to spear people after seeing what happened to him. "Stiller Footbaww" vs. being able to walk isn't a tough decision even with the millions of $$

Archived