Solo

Jason

Of the Disney versions of Star Wars, it is my 2nd favorite. Rogue One still is the best. 

I am sad that I haven't liked the new trilogy. I haven't hated it, just been very 'meh about it. The Force Awakens was a rehash of a New Hope and I HATED what they did to Luke in the Last Jedi.

(And I like Rian Johnson, I loved his movie Looper)

Solo the story was a bit boring but I did like a lot of the characters and was surprised at how well the kid playing Solo did. (Although how he got the Solo name, I didn't like at all)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/solo-will-post-first-loss-disneys-star-wars-empire-1116927

Wall Street analyst Barton Crockett says Solo will lose more than $50 million. Industry financing sources, however, say that figure could come in at $80 million or higher, although no one knows the exact terms of Disney's deals for home entertainment and television, among other ancillary revenues.

Solo, directed by Ron Howard, isn't likely to gross much more than $400 million globally against a budget of at least $250 million and a major multimillion-dollar marketing spend. The movie lost major altitude in its second weekend of play to finish Sunday with a domestic total of $148.9 million and a global cume of $264.2 million.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I still have a hard time taking Woddy Harrelson seriously in any role.  I keep having Woody Boyd flashbacks.

Did you watch the first season of True Detective? He was excellent in the role, really gave me a new appreciation for him & Mcconaughey both.

30 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Did you watch the first season of True Detective? He was excellent in the role, really gave me a new appreciation for him & Mcconaughey both.

Have not watched it. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Have not watched it. 

He is absolutely correct-a-mundo about the first season of True Detective.

The second season... didn't make it through it.  Not so good, imho.

Looking forward to the third season of TD.

As for Solo... losing interest in seeing it.

Waiting for Gotti shot in Cincinnati.  Drove through Mariemont and a number of streets blocked for filming.

I liked it, but had some minor issues with it.  

The biggest thing that stood out to me was the lack of John Williams (sans the Han theme, which I couldn't even pick out).  Williams didn't do Rogue One either granted, but Michael Giacchino did a great job with Rogue One in blending iconic Star Wars themes into the score.

Archived