Bengals 2018 predictions: Expert slaps Cincinnati with 6-10 record

While it’s a time of optimisim for fans across the NFL, not everyone is going to fall in love with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Those Bengals have made some positive moves this offseason, adding talent to the offenisve line in the form of Billy Price and Cordy Glenn and generally drafting well on paper.

But the one negative the masses will keep hitting the team with pertains to keeping head coach Marvin Lewis. His track record and recent performances are why the MMQB’s Jonathan Jones predicts a 6-10 record for the Bengals in 2018:

“You have to like their running game, pass catchers and, if rookie center Billy Price is healthy as expected, their offensive line, too. But the Bengals have undersold with solid offenses the past two seasons, finishing in the bottom-third of the league in points in 2016 and ’17. Using the same logic as with the Ravens, the Bengals went 1-5 against playoff teams last season but a paltry 6-4 against the others. It’s fair to wonder if the Bengals, helmed by Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton, have reached their peak without winning a playoff game together.”

Jones also points out the fact the Bengals are 3-12 against the Stealers with Lewis and Andy Dalton. It’s a fair criticism and one can forgive Jones for not liking the Bengals despite obvious on-field talent.

Talent hasn’t been the problem for the Bengals in years. While 2018 could be a turnaround year after the staff under Lewis got a major overhaul, the Bengals are also counting on risky names (Vontaze Burfict, Tyler Eifert, John Ross) to make up the bulk of their necessary production.

A six-win season would likely slam the window shut for the Bengals. If they’re to match talent with actual wins again, now has to be the time.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/07/bengals-2018-predictions-expert-slaps-cincinnati-6-10-record/

I see so many predictions like this and actually even way worse... 

I know I (we for the  most part) are biased... but our biggest problem last year was the horrid o-line and I think it improved a lot.. we went fucking 7-9 and could have won a couple more of those games with some luck.. why in the hell is everyone predicting us to be such shit? 

2 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I see so many predictions like this and actually even way worse... 

I know I (we for the  most part) are biased... but our biggest problem last year was the horrid o-line and I think it improved a lot.. we went fucking 7-9 and could have won a couple more of those games with some luck.. why in the hell is everyone predicting us to be such shit? 

Because as far as the ESPNFL is concerned we're the Washington Generals & meant to be a punchline

2 hours ago, Jason said:

If the Bengals will go 6-10, essentially because of Marvin Lewis and Urineburgh apparently, how did we go 11-5, 12-4 and 10-6 within the past 6 years?

That was just Gruden's and Zimmer's players.  Now that they have been gone a few years were are back to 2007  :ninja:?

Archived