How is Bengals rookie Sam Hubbard adjusting to life in the NFL?

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Yeah, he does look a bit weedy for a defensive end.

They always look smaller without pads and on film.  Kinda like watching an NBA game on TV then going to an actual game and sitting near the court.  They don't look that big on TV.

From that article:

And he avoids wearing Bengals gear in public so he can blend in. 

That is a sad, and telling, statement.  Due to the failures of this team (especially the “dark decade”), the off-field behavior of several players over the years, the sometimes ineptitude of the coaching staff and ownership, and probably a couple other reasons, most of the non-hardcore fans rarely, if ever, want to be seen in Bengals gear.  Thus, to “blend in”, you DON’T wear Bengals gear.

True story (that is kinda related):  A few years ago (too lazy to look up the year), I drove my daughter-in-law to Washington, PA to pick up an item that she had purchased from someone in Baltimore.  The plan was to meet in the parking lot of a mall in Washington to make the exchange.

We got there a bit early, so we went into the mall to kill time.  It just so happens that this was the day before the stealers were

facing the Packers in the Super Bowl.  There was also a hunting show going on in the mall, with many booths throughout the mall.

The mall was crowded, and EVERYONE was either wearing camouflage gear or stealer gear (I’d estimate 70% stealer gear and 30% camo).  Talk about feeling out of place.  We felt like everyone was staring at us, as we were wearing normal clothing.  It was very uncomfortable.  While making the exchange in the parking lot, we mentioned it to the young couple from Baltimore (one Ravens fan, one Redskins fan) and they decided to not go into the mall.  They did, however, stop at a nearby fast food restaurant...and we soon received a text from them saying that it was the same way in the restaurant.  They felt totally out-of-place while everyone else was in stealer gear.  

So, in and near pissburg,

you wear stealer gear to blend in..,while in and near Cincinnati, you don’t wear Bengal gear to blend in.

That is sad.  I look forward to the days when the average citizen in the Cincinnati area can proudly wear his or her Bengal gear.

😎

I wore a Bengals’ tee-shirt one time during last season. I had several people berate me for being an NFL fan. I, also, got a lot of dirty looks. If the NFL players stay in the locker room during the singing of the National Anthem this season, I will NOT wear any Bengal attire. The looks of HATE for having on a Bengals’ tee-shirt was one thing, BUT you could feel their disgust with me, and I didn’t know them.

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

I wore a Bengals’ tee-shirt one time during last season. I had several people berate me for being an NFL fan. 

Where did this happen, a John Birch Society meeting at your local Cracker Barrel?

On 6/8/2018 at 9:57 AM, Cricket said:

From that article:

That is a sad, and telling, statement.  Due to the failures of this team (especially the “dark decade”), the off-field behavior of several players over the years, the sometimes ineptitude of the coaching staff and ownership, and probably a couple other reasons, most of the non-hardcore fans rarely, if ever, want to be seen in Bengals gear.  Thus, to “blend in”, you DON’T wear Bengals gear.

True story (that is kinda related):  A few years ago (too lazy to look up the year), I drove my daughter-in-law to Washington, PA to pick up an item that she had purchased from someone in Baltimore.  The plan was to meet in the parking lot of a mall in Washington to make the exchange.

We got there a bit early, so we went into the mall to kill time.  It just so happens that this was the day before the stealers were

facing the Packers in the Super Bowl.  There was also a hunting show going on in the mall, with many booths throughout the mall.

The mall was crowded, and EVERYONE was either wearing camouflage gear or stealer gear (I’d estimate 70% stealer gear and 30% camo).  Talk about feeling out of place.  We felt like everyone was staring at us, as we were wearing normal clothing.  It was very uncomfortable.  While making the exchange in the parking lot, we mentioned it to the young couple from Baltimore (one Ravens fan, one Redskins fan) and they decided to not go into the mall.  They did, however, stop at a nearby fast food restaurant...and we soon received a text from them saying that it was the same way in the restaurant.  They felt totally out-of-place while everyone else was in stealer gear.  

So, in and near pissburg,

you wear stealer gear to blend in..,while in and near Cincinnati, you don’t wear Bengal gear to blend in.

That is sad.  I look forward to the days when the average citizen in the Cincinnati area can proudly wear his or her Bengal gear.

😎

I wear Bengals Gear every friggin where.  I really don't give a shit what some dickweed thinks.

Archived