So... will they still support?

USN Bengal

10 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

I don’t doubt that they have, same as I don’t doubt that we have there as well.

Some nuclear scientist or defector? Probably, yeah.  And of course guys like Gary Webb here at home.  We tend to be less ham-fisted than smearing nerve agent on a park bench, at least.  

This all just seems so fake. It's like they do the most ridiculous thing, and then double down on it - you know that point where things seem to be spinning out of control, then someone clarifies, and it's like "ohhhhh ok". We keep blowing past that point, over and over and over - I know it's cliche, but it really does seem like a goddamn soap opera.

I guess fake is the new real?

8 hours ago, Cat said:

This all just seems so fake. It's like they do the most ridiculous thing, and then double down on it - you know that point where things seem to be spinning out of control, then someone clarifies, and it's like "ohhhhh ok". We keep blowing past that point, over and over and over - I know it's cliche, but it really does seem like a goddamn soap opera.

I guess fake is the new real?

The choice between believing Donald Trump or believing the FBI, DOJ etc is not a difficult one for me.

1 hour ago, USN Bengal said:

I don’t believe any of them, too many lies by every one of them.

What is the FBI lying about?  Beyond that, what would be their motivation to lie about all this?

If we're going to distrust all media and law enforcement it makes someone like Trump untouchable, which is precisely his goal.

I pretty much don't trust anyone anymore.... but this fucking orange asshole is the worst thing ever.. He was a piece of shit way way way before he ever ran for president. He fucked so many people in this world just for money..... NOW....He is just trying to profit off of being the president and doesn't give a fuck who he takes down to do it...including our whole country... 

He is literally the most egotistical asshole ever.....FUCK HIM!!!!!

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

What is the FBI lying about?  Beyond that, what would be their motivation to lie about all this?

If we're going to distrust all media and law enforcement it makes someone like Trump untouchable, which is precisely his goal.

Why do you think  the FBI tells the truth? Because they said so?

Look at Hoover’s MacCarthyism and the “Red Scare” of the 40s and 50s. The botched Clinton “investigation”, the Pulse nightclub “terrorist” fiasco, FBI agents lying about the Oregonstandoff shooting...The FBI is the same as everyone else, motivated by greed, influence, and power.

Don’t let the “mystique” fool you, it’s much the same as people taking a doctors word at face value just because they’re a doctor.

3 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

Why do you think  the FBI tells the truth? Because they said so?

Look at Hoover’s MacCarthyism and the “Red Scare” of the 40s and 50s. The botched Clinton “investigation”, the Pulse nightclub “terrorist” fiasco, FBI agents lying about the Oregonstandoff shooting...The FBI is the same as everyone else, motivated by greed, influence, and power.

Don’t let the “mystique” fool you, it’s much the same as people taking a doctors word at face value just because they’re a doctor.

:blink:

Man, with all due respect, you've kinda gone off the rails. A healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing when sussing out information, but your wholesale dismissal of pretty much everything anyone says is counterproductive. Sorry, but some people are experts, and some people do  know what they're talking about, even if you don't like what they're saying. The trick is in discerning who the expert is and verifying the information they're supplying. 

Have you read this book?

https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-death-of-expertise-9780190469412?cc=cz&lang=en&

You should, as it provides an excellent synopsis of how we ended up where we're at, technology and the internet's role in that process, and how to judge and asses the information, as well as decide if the experts are keeping themselves in check. I have it in PDF and Kindle format. Say the word and I'll send you a copy. 

Well, clearly one side is lying.  Either he's in bed with Putin or he's not, there's nothing ambiguous about that. We are given a choice of who to believe. That choice is between a law enforcement agency that is certainly flawed, but comprised of a very large number of professional people whose accusations will have to stand up in a court of law, versus a pathological liar megalomaniac who will obviously do anything for power.  I am in fact fully aware of Hoover's craziness, COINTELPRO & other shady FBI shit over the years.  It's still a very easy choice in this case.  

6 hours ago, Elflocko said:

:blink:

Man, with all due respect, you've kinda gone off the rails. A healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing when sussing out information, but your wholesale dismissal of pretty much everything anyone says is counterproductive. Sorry, but some people are experts, and some people do  know what they're talking about, even if you don't like what they're saying. The trick is in discerning who the expert is and verifying the information they're supplying. 

Have you read this book?

https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-death-of-expertise-9780190469412?cc=cz&lang=en&

You should, as it provides an excellent synopsis of how we ended up where we're at, technology and the internet's role in that process, and how to judge and asses the information, as well as decide if the experts are keeping themselves in check. I have it in PDF and Kindle format. Say the word and I'll send you a copy. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Well, clearly one side is lying.  Either he's in bed with Putin or he's not, there's nothing ambiguous about that. We are given a choice of who to believe. That choice is between a law enforcement agency that is certainly flawed, but comprised of a very large number of professional people whose accusations will have to stand up in a court of law, versus a pathological liar megalomaniac who will obviously do anything for power.  I am in fact fully aware of Hoover's craziness, COINTELPRO & other shady FBI shit over the years.  It's still a very easy choice in this case.  

Let me clarify fully...

Yes, there ARE experts in the FBI, CIA, and DOJ (this covers ALL entities as far as I am concerned), but the ones making the decisions are in NO WAY trusted by me.

The ones with the power to ignore, withhold information, and order their people to "look the other way" are the ones I do not trust in the least.

Now, in some cases it is VERY easy to believe the FBI and others (such as now with the Evil Son of the Great Pumpkin) with SOME of the information that has come out.

I also believe that the truth is out their in some form, but to take one agencies version of truth is just flat out ludicrous. I have not "fully gone off the rails", but I am closer to it than you may believe.

For instance, the 2 FBI agents currently being questioned... they have a right to their beliefs and feelings, and may actually know more of the truth about Trump than the average citizen. If that is true, and they were just expressing those beliefs in their conversations via text etc... then there is nothing wrong with that as I see it.

Then again they may have been ordered, along with numerous others, to stop Trump in any way they can. That kind of thing does occur, and those with the power to make that happen are the abusers that have wrecked this nation.  

We will never know the truth, but with all the inconsistencies and lies that continue to come out of Washington, I can see absolutely no way that you can take the FBIs word on it right now as complete truth.

As far as the book Elflocko, I have not read it but am aware of it. I will look it up and read it, but even as such, I am skeptical of anyone directing me as to how I should judge and assess information.

Not that I won't try to take something away from it, because if you're still not learning, you're dead in my opinion. It probably agrees with many of the principles that I already use to assess and judge what I am processing, hence why I am so far past jaded that I have hit ludicrous speed.

13 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

Let me clarify fully...

Yes, there ARE experts in the FBI, CIA, and DOJ (this covers ALL entities as far as I am concerned), but the ones making the decisions are in NO WAY trusted by me.

The ones with the power to ignore, withhold information, and order their people to "look the other way" are the ones I do not trust in the least.

Now, in some cases it is VERY easy to believe the FBI and others (such as now with the Evil Son of the Great Pumpkin) with SOME of the information that has come out.

I also believe that the truth is out their in some form, but to take one agencies version of truth is just flat out ludicrous. I have not "fully gone off the rails", but I am closer to it than you may believe.

For instance, the 2 FBI agents currently being questioned... they have a right to their beliefs and feelings, and may actually know more of the truth about Trump than the average citizen. If that is true, and they were just expressing those beliefs in their conversations via text etc... then there is nothing wrong with that as I see it.

Then again they may have been ordered, along with numerous others, to stop Trump in any way they can. That kind of thing does occur, and those with the power to make that happen are the abusers that have wrecked this nation.  

We will never know the truth, but with all the inconsistencies and lies that continue to come out of Washington, I can see absolutely no way that you can take the FBIs word on it right now as complete truth.

As far as the book Elflocko, I have not read it but am aware of it. I will look it up and read it, but even as such, I am skeptical of anyone directing me as to how I should judge and assess information.

Not that I won't try to take something away from it, because if you're still not learning, you're dead in my opinion. It probably agrees with many of the principles that I already use to assess and judge what I am processing, hence why I am so far past jaded that I have hit ludicrous speed.

Well, if the two agents were ordered to stop Drumf, they did a really piss poor job, huh?  Just like Obama being a Muslim.  

Archived