Passing up Lamar J is going to haunt us for years to come

7 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Google if u want to see some of his practice videos. See what we're going to face twice a year. Yikes 

I mean, you may end up being right. However, you’re referencing early practices and there’s a world of difference between practices, especially at this stage of preseason, and what happens when it counts.

All that to say, I’ll be quite surprised if Lamar Jackson has legitimate, sustained success as a quarterback in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Mark my words. The kid is a winner. Looking dam good with the Ravens. Bengals choked again. 

You have failed to follow the Bengal's lemming guidelines.   Every player the Bengals passed on is not going to be successful...   If said player goes to another team,  then said player is shit.   Raven's never are successful in drafting successful players.   Their Super Bowl wins have nothing to do with the talented evaluators...   (please note that their criminals on the previous rosters have exceeded ours)  Shame on you Bob, you should know better.   "Now go away, or they shall taunt you a second time !"

FWIW Bob, I agree with you about LJ.  

3 hours ago, Numbers said:

You have failed to follow the Bengal's lemming guidelines.   Every player the Bengals passed on is not going to be successful...   If said player goes to another team,  then said player is shit.   Raven's never are successful in drafting successful players.   Their Super Bowl wins have nothing to do with the talented evaluators...   (please note that their criminals on the previous rosters have exceeded ours)  Shame on you Bob, you should know better.   "Now go away, or they shall taunt you a second time !"

FWIW Bob, I agree with you about LJ.  

Dude who cares about the past we're trying to win now. 

Yes Ravens are a bunch of criminals like the Bengals. Jackson is a saint compared to both squads. The kid has a soul and is actually a decent human being. Exactly what both teams need.  Ravens super bowl/draft/evaluations/other picks = irrelevant. What matters is now and now we fumbled a possibly D.Watson type of rookie season one spot to our division opponent. 

We'll see. Hopefully we still win super bowl this season. 

6 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

I mean, you may end up being right. However, you’re referencing early practices and there’s a world of difference between practices, especially at this stage of preseason, and what happens when it counts.

All that to say, I’ll be quite surprised if Lamar Jackson has legitimate, sustained success as a quarterback in the NFL.

Right I agree. He might only sustain 6 games or 30 games. No one knows but I fully suspect that he'll have at least the same amount of success as Watson. Probably more because Lamar is on a much better all around team/organization. 

The only way Jackson ends up more successful in this league is if Watson stays injured or develops a pattern of it. Lamar’s size gives me (and I suspect many others) pause. I don’t know how much NFL physicality he’ll be able to endure.

6 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Right I agree. He might only sustain 6 games or 30 games. No one knows but I fully suspect that he'll have at least the same amount of success as Watson. Probably more because Lamar is on a much better all around team/organization. 

Based on what?

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

Based on what?

Based on their extreme similarities. Am I the only one who has seen any ACC football the last 3 years?  

Everything everyone here knocking him for is the same blah blah they were saying about Watson. The rookie that ate this Bengals team last year.

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

They needed the center more than the QB.  LJ is at least a year away from being ready to produce at the NFL level.  And do you really trust this staff to use him correctly?

I disagree. Things are a changing. Rookie QBs are coming out and producing right out of the gate. 

Do I trust? Lol. I mean roll the kid out and throw it to AJ. Those two would make a magnificent dual to the likes we have never seen. Imagine AJ with a just lil extra time to get open because our QB can move like grease lightning. 

28 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Based on their extreme similarities. Am I the only one who has seen any ACC football the last 3 years?  

Everything everyone here knocking him for is the same blah blah they were saying about Watson. The rookie that ate this Bengals team last year.

He did what?  he passed for 125 yards, and had one big run.  Had our Offense had played an inkling of football, we would have won.  And why didn't they?  Our O-line sucked!  

7 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Then you’re the second person in this thread displaying poor judgement.

You will be crying in your milk when Bill Price leads the offensive line in penalties! You will then admit on this forum you were wrong. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

You will be crying in your milk when Bill Price leads the offensive line in penalties! You will then admit on this forum you were wrong. 

He’a a rookie. There’s nothing to say he couldn’t provide a huge boost in terms of his play while still actually leading the team in holds. 

If Dalton is sacked and pressured less and Mixon sniffs 1000 yards, and his play is generally a reason why, you can come back, right here to this forum, and have yourself a nice cry.

3 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

He’a a rookie. There’s nothing to say he couldn’t provide a huge boost in terms of his play while still actually leading the team in holds. 

If Dalton is sacked and pressured less and Mixon sniffs 1000 yards, and his play is generally a reason why, you can come back, right here to this forum, and have yourself a nice cry.

Their is no way one guy will "generally" be responsible for all that. Center is the most complicated position on the line but even if the kid makes all the right calls he's gotta have four other guys getting a hat on somebody. Regardless the o line should be lights out better this season. 

Hopefully the only milk any Bengal peeps are crying in this season is big ol tittie milk. Crying tears of happiness and joy. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Jackson has short arms.

They are attached to his short body.

Akili Smith 2.0 only smaller.

Nah, Jackson will be more like RGIII. Will have a great start but eventually will get hurt. Simply not accurate enough to be a pocket only passer.

Archived