Tyler Eifert sounds ready to go for Bengals training camp

31 minutes ago, JC said:

The guy has had three back surgeries thus far due to slipped disc's. Just came out he tweaked his back in the spring. He's more than likely looking at some kind of disability sooner than later.

All the more reason to hang up the cleats and move on.  

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

All the more reason to hang up the cleats and move on.  

Have to imagine it won't be long. Looks like after that hit he took in the Texans game last year, he tried to practice with an epidural, and they had to shut him down. Going to be another one of those what-ifs in a long list of them for this franchise.

FWIW, on reddit, Jim O. is saying training wheels were the plan all along for Tyler. They want him to practice some before the regular season. Guessing keeping him on the PUP is insurance if something were to happen while working out off to the side and they wouldn't have to burn a roster spot if he tweaked a hamstring or ankle and could keep him PUP'd until week 7.

1 hour ago, JC said:

Have to imagine it won't be long. Looks like after that hit he took in the Texans game last year, he tried to practice with an epidural, and they had to shut him down. Going to be another one of those what-ifs in a long list of them for this franchise.

Why hang it up when the Bengals were willing to hand you a 3 mil signing bonus to give it one more try?

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Why hang it up when the Bengals were willing to hand you a 3 mil signing bonus to give it one more try?

He had more money on the table out west from SF and LAR (not sure about guaranteed). If it wasn't us, it was going to be someone else. He chose to stay here and try to make up for his missed time.

All the talk is making it sound like he should be ready week 1.  As long as he gets some reps and knows the playbook, the heartache is all for naught..

1 minute ago, JC said:

He had more money on the table out west from SF and LAR (not sure about guaranteed). If it wasn't us, it was going to be someone else. He chose to stay here and try to make up for his missed time.

All the talk is making it sound like he should be ready week 1.  As long as he gets some reps and knows the playbook, the heartache is all for naught..

So let him go sit on someone's PUP list in California, that's my take.  Give those reps to someone that's proven themselves reliable.

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

So let him go sit on someone's PUP list in California, that's my take.  Give those reps to someone that's proven themselves reliable.

So by that thinking, we should cut Burfict and let Rey start, right?  He's been a lot more reliable.

20 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

So by that thinking, we should cut Burfict and let Rey start, right?  He's been a lot more reliable.

If Burfict had barely seen the field since 2015 I would not want to see him offered a new contract either. Seems obvious enough. 

9 hours ago, JC said:

Like I said, why should he hang it up? If he still thinks he can play and teams are willing to pay you,..play.

10 hours ago, membengal said:

Article by Dehner - Eifert says him being on PUP to start camp has been part of the plan. For what it’s worth.

Makes sense...  When he said he was "looking forward to training camp" it was because he knew he wasn't going to have to do anything.  I'd be looking forward to it too if I was getting paid that kind of money to get massages & sit in a jacuzzi.  

Archived