Program your DVR

39 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

7pm Thursday in Columbus too.

Speaking of preseason, went and saw some football in the Big House last Saturday: Manchester United against Liverpool. Only a little over 101K in attendance. Quite the preseason difference. 

I'd be tempted to skip the game, post up in a neutral nearby pub (if there is such a thing) & watch the hooligans go at it in the streets.  More action and probably won't end in a scoreless tie.

It was actually very docile--considering it was the Premier League version of Bengals vs Stealers. A fairly even split in loyalties. But tailgates mixed together, pubs were the same, everyone drinking and singing. And, after all, it was an American-frequented event in mid-summer, so it didn't lend itself to much antipathy. The worst I heard from anyone was this Man U fellow tell me to "quit drinking that Carlsberg piss (Liverpool sponsor)!" . He then handed me a bottle of some heavy British motor oil concoction, and that was that. 

Very enjoyable experience. And ended 1-4 Liverpool, so there was plenty of action.

Archived