What a dipshit.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

Again, he's just one guy. He's deserving of his HOF accolades based solely on his stats, which is the ONLY measure a HOF player of ANY sport should be measured by. Be careful what you wish for: you start wanting to include "character" and "team oriented" type stuff in HOF voting and you may not like the result...and you'd need to kick out half the dudes already in the HOF in any sport.

You mean like baseball?

TO got in.  He was always going to get in.  This first ballot crap is just his stupid ego.  He's a loser with a ton of talent...well...talent for football.  What does his broke-ass have talent for now?  Whining?  Being a jackass?  TO got his last day in the sun "his way" which is to say like an asshole.

The real reason he didn't go in first ballot is that he was a jackass to the press.  You think they don't remember and take that into account?

47 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

You mean like baseball?

TO got in.  He was always going to get in.  This first ballot crap is just his stupid ego.  He's a loser with a ton of talent...well...talent for football.  What does his broke-ass have talent for now?  Whining?  Being a jackass?  TO got his last day in the sun "his way" which is to say like an asshole.

The real reason he didn't go in first ballot is that he was a jackass to the press.  You think they don't remember and take that into account?

Again I ask you: WHO CARES? He's not in as a Bengal (and both Palmer and Chad lobbied for him to come here, btw). YES, he's an asshole that went into the HOF on his own assholish, selfish agenda. SWEET! 

Why are people arguing with me, accusing me of hating football, etc? I have explained repeatedly that I AGREE he's an asshole, and only his stats get him in. Like many, many other HOF players in ANY sport. He was under no obligation to appear, so he didn't and held his own selfish gala at his alma mater, Good for him. IDGAF.

5 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Again I ask you: WHO CARES? He's not in as a Bengal (and both Palmer and Chad lobbied for him to come here, btw). YES, he's an asshole that went into the HOF on his own assholish, selfish agenda. SWEET! 

Why are people arguing with me, accusing me of hating football, etc? I have explained repeatedly that I AGREE he's an asshole, and only his stats get him in. Like many, many other HOF players in ANY sport. He was under no obligation to appear, so he didn't and held his own selfish gala at his alma mater, Good for him. IDGAF.

My only comment related to you, and the portion of your post I quoted, was the comment "you mean like baseball?"  I really didn't explain myself, but I was kind of agreeing with you.

The rest of my statement was just me blowing off steam and hating on TO.  I enjoy that, so in this case you can chill.

18 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Wait, what? Man, he's just one guy. Sure, he may have ushered in the Joe Horn's and Ochocinco's of the world (you did like Chad for at least a little while, right?), and sure, he was a self-serving douchebag that never understood the team concept (except maybe for that broken leg Super Bowl appearance and his subsequent blaming of McNabb, which may out of all his complaints have had merit...and even that was likely "I love me some me" shit), but...why are you calling ME out?

Again, he's just one guy. He's deserving of his HOF accolades based solely on his stats, which is the ONLY measure a HOF player of ANY sport should be measured by. Be careful what you wish for: you start wanting to include "character" and "team oriented" type stuff in HOF voting and you may not like the result...and you'd need to kick out half the dudes already in the HOF in any sport.

How many TO clones has he spawned? You could argue that even Ochocinco at the height of his selfishness never did what TO did, which was blame others for his own shortcomings. But what of it? Who cares?

For the record: I LOVE NFL football and I completely believe it is a TEAM sport. But you can't sit here and call me a hypocrite because I have a sub "meh" level of "support" for TO deciding to "stick it to the NFL" in his own mind. Again, it's his life, it'll be his regret, and ultimately, he never won anything, so who fucking cares?

Who cares was kinda my whole point. If you're a Reds fan and believe Rose should be in the MLB HOF based solely on his on-field merits, I'd think you'd get where I was coming from. And Pete Rose is a grade a douchebag too. But he's deserving of his recognition as the hit king.

I agree with much of this. TO deserved to be elected to the Hall of Fame and he was.   Whining like a little bitch because he didn't get selected on the first try is exactly why he didn't get selected on the first try.   The real issue for me is simply TO trying to take the spotlight off of the other deserving HOF players with his antics on induction day.   He can whine all he wants beforehand but trying to suck all the air out of the room with his antics AFTER HE HAD BEEN SELECTED probably has left many current HOF types PISSED at him.  Good.

He simply doesn't care about anyone but himself. 

BTW, I don't think Rose should ever make it to the Hall and I am a Reds fan.  Broke the ONE rule he knew he couldn't break and lied about it for 15 years.  The punishment is WELL KNOWN to every player, coach, bat boy, etc:  You bet on baseball while part of the organization and it is a permanent ban. All he had to do was come clean once he was caught, admit he had a problem and most would have forgiven him and let him in by now.    Guy is classless dirt bag.  

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

I agree with much of this. TO deserved to be elected to the Hall of Fame and he was.   Whining like a little bitch because he didn't get selected on the first try is exactly why he didn't get selected on the first try.   The real issue for me is simply TO trying to take the spotlight off of the other deserving HOF players with his antics on induction day.   He can whine all he wants beforehand but trying to suck all the air out of the room with his antics AFTER HE HAD BEEN SELECTED probably has left many current HOF types PISSED at him.  Good.

He simply doesn't care about anyone but himself. 

BTW, I don't think Rose should ever make it to the Hall and I am a Reds fan.  Broke the ONE rule he knew he couldn't break and lied about it for 15 years.  The punishment is WELL KNOWN to every player, coach, bat boy, etc:  You bet on baseball while part of the organization and it is a permanent ban. All he had to do was come clean once he was caught, admit he had a problem and most would have forgiven him and let him in by now.    Guy is classless dirt bag.  

The funny thing too is that TO is being roundly criticized by the sports media for what he did, with a few exceptions. 

TO is right that he should have been a first ballot HOFer.  The fact that he wasn't speaks to the politics of the process.  That said, many of the actions held against him were self inflicted and frankly petty on his part.  If TO were intelligent and not a giant man baby, he would have attended the ceremony in Canton and used that platform to blast the selection process.  FWIW, I believe he stayed away in no small part because Moss got in on the first ballot.  His ego couldn't stand sharing the stage with a player who surpassed him, IMO.

On 8/6/2018 at 9:39 PM, UncleEarl said:

You mean like baseball?

He's got a net worth of about 75 million.  You wish you could be such a "Broke Ass  with no talent"!  😂

23 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

You're right it's not 75 mill, looks like it's closer to 2.5.  But my guess is his broke and your broke ain't the same.  

1 minute ago, kennethmw said:

You're right it's not 75 mill, looks like it's closer to 2.5.  But my guess is his broke and your broke ain't the same.  

Glad to see you figured out Google and picked the best number you could find.  Others say zero or $100K. 

Bottom line is you decided to come after me not knowing what you were talking about.  Keep digging.

8 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

TO is right that he should have been a first ballot HOFer.  The fact that he wasn't speaks to the politics of the process.  That said, many of the actions held against him were self inflicted and frankly petty on his part.  If TO were intelligent and not a giant man baby, he would have attended the ceremony in Canton and used that platform to blast the selection process.  FWIW, I believe he stayed away in no small part because Moss got in on the first ballot.  His ego couldn't stand sharing the stage with a player who surpassed him, IMO.

Or to the fact he was a pompous douche.

9 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

So he made their point?

13 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There is absolutely no reason to blast the selection process.  There isn't a special wing in the HOF for guys who made it on the first ballot.  He was selected to the Hall of Fame, the selection process worked fine.  There are no rules that state the criteria to assure first ballot selection.  If he had never been selected then certainly he would have reason to complain but that did not happen.  He was selected,..period.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

All of the Hall of Fame votings are screwy. Johnny Bench got about 98% of the vote. Is there really ANYONE who didn’t think he belonged in the Hall? And yet people didn’t vote for him?  

yep.. it's dumb..

Tom Seaver was the highest at like 98% until Griffey Jr came along and got like 99%.. but how the hell can anyone not vote for any of these guys...

Just because they old fuckers that vote think nobody should get 100%.. it's stupid.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

All of the Hall of Fame votings are screwy. Johnny Bench got about 98% of the vote. Is there really ANYONE who didn’t think he belonged in the Hall? And yet people didn’t vote for him?  

Exactly.  Some of the HOF voters didn't want TO in period.  Others changed their votes after he had been taught his lesson and made to wait a couple years.  Either way, those voters were either playing games or hopelessly biased.  It's not like TO was a borderline case, IMO.  

24 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Exactly.  Some of the HOF voters didn't want TO in period.  Others changed their votes after he had been taught his lesson and made to wait a couple years.  Either way, those voters were either playing games or hopelessly biased.  It's not like TO was a borderline case, IMO.  

I think I'm paraphrasing a Pete Rose comment, but what has Jerry Kramer done in the past year to get in? 

46 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

TO was being taught a lesson. You don't throw your teammates under the bus particularly to the press.  He still got in so I can't figure out what the problem is.  If there were a 7 man panel of experts, he would have been put in day 1.  When you give a bunch of journalists and former players voting power you will always have a few douche in a group that large.  Word got out to not vote for him round 1 so they didn't.   

7 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

TO was being taught a lesson. You don't throw your teammates under the bus particularly to the press.  He still got in so I can't figure out what the problem is.  If there were a 7 man panel of experts, he would have been put in day 1.  When you give a bunch of journalists and former players voting power you will always have a few douche in a group that large.  Word got out to not vote for him round 1 so they didn't.   

Here's the thing with me, and I'm not reluctant to bring it up because it concerns the murdering Ratbird Ray Lewis. When Stabbin' Ray was inducted as a 1st ballot HOFer and the whole murder trial thing was brought up, the argument was made that "Well, the NFL HOF is all about on the field accomplishments, not off the field stuff". Somehow with TO that logic got twisted to include the locker room, where TO was invariably a team cancer of sorts...but I don't see how the logic follows from one to the other.

The media keeps making this comparison. I heard about this article tonight from SI titled "Ray Lewis and the Bubble That Has Sheltered Him". Here it is. You decide what the difference was or should have been vis a vis Stabbin' Ray versus Terrell Owens...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/04/ray-lewis-hall-fame-weekend-atlanta-murders

53 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Here's the thing with me, and I'm not reluctant to bring it up because it concerns the murdering Ratbird Ray Lewis. When Stabbin' Ray was inducted as a 1st ballot HOFer and the whole murder trial thing was brought up, the argument was made that "Well, the NFL HOF is all about on the field accomplishments, not off the field stuff". Somehow with TO that logic got twisted to include the locker room, where TO was invariably a team cancer of sorts...but I don't see how the logic follows from one to the other.

The media keeps making this comparison. I heard about this article tonight from SI titled "Ray Lewis and the Bubble That Has Sheltered Him". Here it is. You decide what the difference was or should have been vis a vis Stabbin' Ray versus Terrell Owens...

Good find and I read that article a few days ago.  The amazing part about Ray Lewis' connection to the Atlanta murders is that he and the Ravens effectively buried the truth from ever coming out.  The aggressive treatment towards anyone asking legitimate questions is a clear sign that the answers to those questions will not reflect well on Ray.  Yet there was never any serious opposition to his enshrinement in the HOF despite his history because his play overshadowed everything.  

9 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I guess this is where I again point out the absurdity of how Burfict is portrayed by the NFL & media.  He very well could have had a career on par with Lewis, but it's all been derailed because of a flopping crybaby Steeler WR.  That gets you on Goodell's permanent shitlist, but being convicted of obstruction in a double homicide gets you the HoF.

Shit like this makes it harder & harder to care about the NFL.

42 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I guess this is where I again point out the absurdity of how Burfict is portrayed by the NFL & media.  He very well could have had a career on par with Lewis, but it's all been derailed because of a flopping crybaby Steeler WR.  That gets you on Goodell's permanent shitlist, but being convicted of obstruction in a double homicide gets you the HoF.

Shit like this makes it harder & harder to care about the NFL.

I don't really care at all about the players. They don't interest me. And now that the NFL is more and more about the players every year, I'm becoming less and less interested in the NFL. I like the Xs and Os, the team dynamics, but now it's only about fellating the players and a couple of coaches.

Archived