What a dipshit.

8 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Good find and I read that article a few days ago.  The amazing part about Ray Lewis' connection to the Atlanta murders is that he and the Ravens effectively buried the truth from ever coming out.  The aggressive treatment towards anyone asking legitimate questions is a clear sign that the answers to those questions will not reflect well on Ray.  Yet there was never any serious opposition to his enshrinement in the HOF despite his history because his play overshadowed everything.  

The most unbelieveable part of the whole article was this comment by Lewis:  “Whatever you’re saying, I forgive you,” Lewis told me. “You were No. 1 in my prayers last night. You don’t have to apologize.”

Lewis actually tried to make this guy out to be the bad guy as if he did something wrong.

38 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The most unbelieveable part of the whole article was this comment by Lewis:  “Whatever you’re saying, I forgive you,” Lewis told me. “You were No. 1 in my prayers last night. You don’t have to apologize.”

Lewis actually tried to make this guy out to be the bad guy as if he did something wrong.

Those born-again types are experts at the passive-aggressive holy routine.  

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I guess this is where I again point out the absurdity of how Burfict is portrayed by the NFL & media.  He very well could have had a career on par with Lewis, but it's all been derailed because of a flopping crybaby Steeler WR.  That gets you on Goodell's permanent shitlist, but being convicted of obstruction in a double homicide gets you the HoF.

Shit like this makes it harder & harder to care about the NFL.

This isn't just the NFL, it's our society.  Ray Lewis entertains us.  The media always loved him and the sound bites he gave them.  All over our society you can see people, charismatic people, who have done and still do terrible things, but are still put on a pedestal in our society.  If you give people what they want they will look past some terrible transgressions.  TO, on the other hand, gives pretty much no one what they want.  Other than excelling on the football field TO pisses people off.  That is the difference and it's how our society works.  It sucks, but it's true.

53 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

This isn't just the NFL, it's our society.  Ray Lewis entertains us.  The media always loved him and the sound bites he gave them.  All over our society you can see people, charismatic people, who have done and still do terrible things, but are still put on a pedestal in our society.  If you give people what they want they will look past some terrible transgressions.  TO, on the other hand, gives pretty much no one what they want.  Other than excelling on the football field TO pisses people off.  That is the difference and it's how our society works.  It sucks, but it's true.

Yeah that's true.  Firmly believe if Burfict played for Dallas it'd be a different story. Best we can probably hope for is some other player drawing Goodell's attention.

24 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah that's true.  Firmly believe if Burfict played for Dallas it'd be a different story. Best we can probably hope for is some other player drawing Goodell's attention.

Being on a team that wins would change the Burfict storyline.  Could be Dallas, Pittsburgh, NE, etc.  It's still true that America loves a winner....and hates a loser.  Play dirty and win...you're a hero.  Play dirty and lose....you're scum. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

That quote is insane and also not that surprising coming from Ray Lewis.  The way he wraps himself in victim hood at the mere thought of explaining his actions is sad and reinforces the perception that he is hiding something.  The fact that the team was also a willing participant in shamelessly keeping Lewis from having to answer questions is also messed up.  It's hard to think of a similar situation with any player, let alone a HOFer.  

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Unfortunately, your fucked up post is 100% correct.  Its the same reason so many Hollywood types gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation at the Oscars.  The guy was convicted of drugging and raping a 13 year old girl in 1977, fled the US before he started his sentence and has not been back since.  However,  he is a good director so its all good. 

Just now, T-Dub said:

Yeah I guess the only real question is whether he covered for the killer(s) or did the stabbing himself

My opinion is the former.  His boys were apparently up from Miami and they were out for a night on the town.  Probably some bangers in the group.  I don't see Lewis as a cold murderer, but when it happened he covered it up.  He was able to get off the hook for the murder while taking the fall for someone else.  Instant cred where he could say he did what he was supposed to do for his boys and now they needed to leave him alone so he could have his career.  Pretty smooth.  Disgusting, but smooth.

Damn...now you guys have me revisiting this Ray Lewis thing.  What a dirtbag. 

During a taped pre-game interview with Shannon Sharpe that aired on CBS before Super Bowl XLVII, Sharpe told Lewis that the families of the slain men find it difficult to see Lewis idolized by millions of fans, believing he knows more about the killings than he shared,[54] and asked what he had to say to those families. Lewis responded, "God has never made a mistake. That's just who He is, you see.... To the family, if you knew, if you really knew the way God works, He don't use people who commits anything like that for His glory."[55]

47 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Wth kind of answer was that anyway that he gave?  Kind of sidestepped a direct question.

Right up there with the "I forgive you" BS he pulled with the reporter.  

37 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Right up there with the "I forgive you" BS he pulled with the reporter.  

Rehashing that story, I'm smh again. The man was charged originally with 2 counts of murder.  How the hell does he get to plea bargain down to an obstruction of justice charge which is only a misdemeanor? He obviously knew more than he claimed. Couldn't say who stabbed who because it was dark?? C'mon Lewis, the family has no closure, if you are really a man of God like you proclaim you'd fess up to how much you really know.

16 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I am too tired to look it up but IIRC Lewis was charged along with 2 of his friends.  Lewis flipped and plead down to obstruction if he testified against his "friends" and was the prosecution star witness.  Funny thing is the friends were acquitted by self defense.

Yep,that sounds accurate west. That must have helped them with Lewis saying don't know who was stabbing who . The more I try to rationalize the more I feel he was the actual stabber.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

This thread needs to be moved from the Bengals forum. Do your job mods or be FIRED! This thread does NOT belong here! Jason, are you a moderator? If so, DO YOUR JOB!

Chill out.  Try this...stop reading this thread.  See, real easy. 

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

This thread needs to be moved from the Bengals forum. Do your job mods or be FIRED! This thread does NOT belong here! Jason, are you a moderator? If so, DO YOUR JOB!

It was originally about TO who was our best receiver when he played here. If TO really wanted to piss people off, he would have gone into the hall in stripes!!

39 minutes ago, Rick said:

Take your meds and stop yelling at Jason.

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

BTW, Price's short arms did well tonight.

I'm sure you missed something in your analysis. DO YOUR JOB!

But, seriously, I can never tell how OLs play specifically, but the absence of bad snaps and QB pressure in the 1s leads me to agree with you.

Archived