To watch or not to watch? That is the question

On 8/9/2018 at 1:12 PM, T-Dub said:

Rumors at the time that the whole fiasco was due to an extramarital affair with a local, possibly someone that works/worked for the team.  

Maybe it's BS but I think it makes more sense than his wife suddenly demanding that he force a trade for no apparent reason.

I was always under the impression that she came to hate the city and it's fans after they started the booing of Carson.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I was always under the impression that she came to hate the city and it's fans after they started the booing of Carson.

I never bought that.  He was an NFL QB, getting booed is part of the job.   And for his wife to decide it's a problem and he needs to force a trade, after just signing an extension?   That doesn't add up for me.  That would be some epic level spinelessness.  

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

I never bought that.  He was an NFL QB, getting booed is part of the job.   And for his wife to decide it's a problem and he needs to force a trade, after just signing an extension?   That doesn't add up for me.  That would be some epic level spinelessness.  

See she just seemed like the type to be that petty to me. I mean she was saying stuff about it in public.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

See she just seemed like the type to be that petty to me. I mean she was saying stuff about it in public.

Yeah but for him not to just tell her to STFU, join a country club & deal with it?  They had the money to insulate themselves from damn near anything, or live wherever she wanted for that matter.  She throws a fit and suddenly he's potentially sabotaging his career for a trade that almost never happened?  She had some kind of leverage beyond mean neighbors.

• 1 month later...

I watched it and there was not any new information that explained Palmer's quitting on the Bengals.  He mentions MB promising him certain things and refusing to follow through.  He also said both of them were very stubborn and his threat to retire was nothing more than a ploy to get out of town.  I still don't think MB wronged him in a way that warranted his actions.  Screw him for making me take sides with MB.  

Archived