First Bengals depth chart has Bobby Hart as the starter at RT

Rickety-assed Tyler Eifert at TE1

:grin-min:

Ol' Musty just can't quit him.  If I'm Kroft there's no way I take an extension here just to get benched every time Eifert manages to hobble onto the field.  

Good to see Ross climbing into the 2nd string at least.

23 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'd think Kroft could sign an extension knowing he's likely to be the starter most of the time. But the Bengals won't offer him starter money.

Yeah that's part of it; why take backup money knowing you're going to play 14/16 games & could start somewhere else?  I'm sure he'll have other offers and almost as sure that he will take one of them.  

If we're starting Bobby Hart, our O-line is already in trouble. 

Our OL was in trouble before Whit left.  At this point it's more like trying to put out the fire.  We can worry about whether they're going to be any good once we have 5 guys that look like NFL players.

8 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Kind of on topic. It's in referfence to the o-line. Was just reading a link on espn about names in potential trades. Chaz Green from the Cowboys was mentioned. I thought he might be an interesting player to inquire about.

Any kind of OT help would be welcome at this point

5 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I shouldn't take this as you saying your not in favor of him having to earn his position on the team because of how a draft pick he was right?

9th overall picks should be starters day 1 unless they are QBs in my opinion.  If he ends up being the #3 receiver then it was probably a reach. 

14 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Ok ,I thought that's what you were getting at.

I am with you, if Boyd at pick #55 is a better receiver than Ross, so be it.   You certainly play the best receiver but it does make you rethink the pick in the first place.  Hopefully, he blows it up this year.

25 minutes ago, SF2 said:

9th overall picks should be starters day 1 unless they are QBs in my opinion.  If he ends up being the #3 receiver then it was probably a reach. 

I think it’s fair to say we can’t know where Ross will end up on this team’s every day depth chart quite yet. Let’s at least see him in some preseason action, maybe even some regular season games.

Competition breeds higher caliber play, generally speaking. Also, practicing against WJIII and Kirkpatrick should make for favorable improvement. 

27 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I think it’s fair to say we can’t know where Ross will end up on this team’s every day depth chart quite yet. Let’s at least see him in some preseason action, maybe even some regular season games.

Competition breeds higher caliber play, generally speaking. Also, practicing against WJIII and Kirkpatrick should make for favorable improvement. 

Yeah I'm not giving up on Ross & I know I've been critical of him.  I'm tired of the team fluffing him, is more the issue.  Same goes for Eifert - I dgaf how much you're paying them, I'd rather hear about guys that play & produce.   I don't know the first thing about Tyler Boyd beyond vaguely remembering him making some plays down the stretch.  Can't say I was entirely tuned in by that point, but now he's penciled in as a starter so I'd rather read about him than some guy struggling to get on the field.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

After last season's meltdown by Ross there is no doubt it was a reach.  Hopefully he bounces back, but we will see. 

25 minutes ago, SF2 said:

12 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'd think Kroft could sign an extension knowing he's likely to be the starter most of the time. But the Bengals won't offer him starter money.

If we're starting Bobby Hart, our O-line is already in trouble. 

I prefer the combo of Glenn and Hart over Ced and Fisher.  They may or may not be in trouble but at least they aren't rolling out the same guys and praying they improve.  I still think removing Bodine and Alexander from the equation is a win by itself.  The oline wasn't broken in a season so it will probably take at least a couple to fix it.  Personally I am hoping for improvements this year so they are at least closer to average.  I will give Pollack a chance to work with these guys before declaring it a failure.

Archived