Browns on Hard Knocks

T-Dub

Watching episode one here.

Would not be entirely surprised if they go 0-16 again.  With a few exceptions this is a roster showing up to collect a check. 

Todd Haley spoke up in a meeting & questioned the wisdom of holding injury-prone players out of practice. Calls the team soft and tells Hue letting vets skate out of practice isn't helping.  (Bengals should take notes) Instead of explaining his POV Hue just pulls rank & tells them he can do what he wants.  Hue is a legend in his own mind & I am relieved he didn't become the HC here.  Dude's ego is way out of proportion for someone fielding a historic-level-of-dogshit team.

On a personal level he's lost a brother & parent in the space of 2 weeks.  Combined with the herculean task of turning around the sorry-ass Cleveland Browns I really get the impression he's under too much pressure.  Dude's been a pretty good OC but has been a terribad HC.  It seems like he's refusing to accept the reality of the situation and all the big talk isn't fooling anybody.

Landry looks like the best player on that team by far but he can't carry that offense.

Overall they seem to be fully embracing the HBO HK hype machine but I'm not buying.

1 hour ago, TheBeaverHunter said:

I think the Browns are going to surprise a lot of people this year. #noninja

If they win more than 4 games I will definitely be surprised.  Hue doesn't seem to get that he can't talk them into being good.

I think the Browns have significantly increased their talent level and will be a .500 team, at the worst they should win 4-5 games this year. 

Just looking at their roster I see veteran players that could start many other teams at almost every position; players like Tyrod Taylor, Jarvis Landry, Myles Garrett, Jamie Collins, Kevin Zeitler, and Joel Bitonio are quality guys that could start for most NFL teams. Combine with the rest of the young talent the Browns have been stockpiling for the last few years and you've got an intriguing mix of talent that can compete with the rest of the NFL. 

It's very hard to lose 31 out of 32 games, but somehow the Browns have managed to do just that. Last year they lost a few games that should have won, they easily could've won 3-4 games last year but they found a way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. 

If anything Hue will get fired early into the season and Haley will take over, that asshole will win a few games for sure.  

Listening to Hue Jeego pitch to Dez Bryant like he's selling pre-owned carpet all "Well Dez ahhhh... I tell ya!"

:grin-min: 

Dez:  "I'm just looking for realness"

:grin-min: 

Yeah sure, $30 million worth of "realness".  I think these 2 deserve one another.

Archived