For the first time in 2018...

1 minute ago, Tigris said:

For those that could see the game, how did the OL look? What I could see was not the best view. 

I thought they looked really good. Joe didnt find a bunch of room but Gio did. Both went against the same defense.

1 hour ago, whodey365 said:

anybody else in Dayton area have NFLN blacked out currently? Was trying to check on Browns and Giants and get Blacked out message. I thought blackouts were only 75 miles around stadium.

Dayton doesnt get WKRC Channel 12 out of Cincy?

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Killer spot, I eat at the one in Fairfield whenever I get the chance.  With their panaderia next door I could easily live off the place. 

I just ate there for the first time the other day as I work at Busam Subaru on Route 4 now. I asked the guy (en Espanol) if he'd ever eaten at La Mexicana in Newport before and he said he had, then I asked him if they ever served taco birria (goat meat tacos) which La Mexicana has and he said Tacqueria Mercado serves them as well, all I needed to do was ask as it's not on the menu. 

So I had pork tacos that day instead, which were amazing. Authentic Mexican food, especially those tacos with fresh cilantro, raw diced onions and salsa verde are the bomb diggity. The only thing they don't have which I wish they did was huitlacoche.

29 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Dayton doesnt get WKRC Channel 12 out of Cincy?

It's on 22 WKEF in Dayton.  Using the ole rabbit ears.  2nd team online is worthless.  I can get WKRC but I live in Springboro which is about 12 miles south of the Gem City.

12 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

our 3rd,4th,5th string suck 

Typically, I would laugh at this but they are noticeably terrible compared to Bears 3 - 5s. This Tate kid is interesting. Driskel is way better than Barkley.

5 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Would love to see a highlight of Tate's 33YD TD reception...missed that one.

Driskel ran around for a bit, threw it up on left side into man coverage, DB couldn't stay on feet.   Barkley would have pissed himself.

26 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Typically, I would laugh at this but they are noticeably terrible compared to Bears 3 - 5s. This Tate kid is interesting. Driskel is way better than Barkley.

same.. that's why i said it...  hope nobody gets hurt 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Driskel ran around for a bit, threw it up on left side into man coverage, DB couldn't stay on feet.   Barkley would have pissed himself.

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

I'll take Driskell over Barkley

I must say I think Driskell gets the short end of the stick. He's EXTREMELY capable. Moreso than Matt Barkley. It's really going to piss me off that we're going to go "veteran QB backup" with Barkley rather than Driskell whom has proven himself time and again as a playmaker. 

9 hours ago, fluhartz said:

our 3rd,4th,5th string suck 

4th & 5th won't make the roster.  The 3's are ST fodder at best unless we take a bunch of injuries.

On that note, we've got some depth at WR, DL, maybe DB.  LB is thin until Rey & Burfict return.  Might have a 3rd guy at interior OL but none of the OT's were impressive.  Saw both Glenn and Hart get beat often but I guess it wasn't every snap so that's technically an upgrade?   For all the chasing and falling down they were doing it'll be a miracle if one of them doesn't get hurt.  Neither one would be more than a back-up on most teams.  We probably won't have the worst OL in the NFL again but I would be shocked if they end up rated anywhere higher than mid-20's. I could go on but suffice to say anyone that told me we didn't need to draft OT's because of Cordy Glenn needs to light a candle to Saint Andrew & make a genuine act of contrition.  

8 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

That's our boy.  Some things never change.

4c299405ca7fd17809d2a5e62b9ff169

I looked it up. Not even 4th and short, 4th and 5. Pre-season, maybe he wanted to see something in another defensive play. Or he was just being Marvin.

On 8/9/2018 at 7:03 PM, whodey365 said:

nope. I was listening to pregame on iheart and around 6:55 they gave the whole spiel about how they cant stream nfl games via internet. Gotta buy the game pass crap. 

Is there another sports league that bleeds it's fan base dry like the NFL? I really don't watch baseball or basketball.

Soon I suppose you will have a credit card swiper on your TV, and you will have to swipe after every quarter if you want to continue watching.

Archived