Extra Pair of Seats - Who Wants 'Em?

Any of you hosers wanna go to tonight's game?  I've got a pair of tickets - if you're nice you can have 'em for free.  Just buy me a beer, cause I'll be sitting right next to ya.

If you need to check out this gift horse's teeth.... Sec 104, Row 18

pbs_104.jpg

I'd prefer someone NOT a board rookie, but frankly, they're gonna go to waste otherwise, so there may as well be a couple of butts in those seats.... if for no other reason than to stop poachers from the canopy level from joining me at halftime.  :)

Amish, serious question: when you do attend games, where do you tie off the horse and buggy?

I usually park Bert in Covington or Newport, they like him and give him free sugar cubes while he waits for me.  :)

If the weather is nice and I don't mind the walk, I'll park in Covington in the Kenyon Co Garage (3rd and Madison) for $6.

If the weather isn't, or if I'm feeling lazy, I'll park in the free city lot in Covington on 5th between Philadelphia and Main.  The entrance is opposite Bakewell and there's a $1 Southbank Shuttle stop right there.

Another option is to park under the Newport Levee.  The pricing is weird.  Monday-Thursday it's $2, Friday-Saturday it's $3 or $5 depending on when you leave, and Sunday is $3.... but parking is sometimes free on "special event days", which include holidays, Reds games, and presumably Bengal games.  Regardless, you'll never pay more than $5, and there's a Southbank Shuttle stop directly across from Haufbrauhaus.

There are other cheap options on the KY side, including a semi-covered lot next to the Covington Courtyard Marriott that's right under the Bailey Bridge off of 3rd St.  It's run by a bunch of Cub/Boy Scouts and you can park there for $5 and catch the Southbank Shuttle from right across the street.  There is one MUST AVOID parking lot, though, in Covington.  Along Rivercenter Blvd just west of the Rivercenter Marriott.... when I ride the bus past that lot, I nearly always see at least one car a year that's been broken into.  Since there are only 10 home games, I'm thinking a 10% chance of getting a window busted out is too high a risk.

4 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Nope.  His kitchen pass was denied.

Didn't need to be denied--didn't ask. :) Will save those passes for when it counts during the season. 

Please donate to Tim tonight, and I will donate on your behalf later. 

4 hours ago, jmckbengal said:

No LT in the house tonight?

Not tonight, comrade. Getting ready to head out of town on vacation. Haven't been to a pre-season game in at least a decade. This is shaping up to be a rather light attendance year for me, unfortunately--seems as though every home game most of the way through October and November have some out of town business or another conflict attached to it. Planning to be there for Tampa, however. 

And I continue with my boycott of never again attending a game against those black/gold bastards in my stadium. At my age, I need to refrain from possible prosecution for attempted murder with a deadly object:

91C4-PRlKHL._SX355_.jpg

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Didn't need to be denied--didn't ask. :) Will save those passes for when it counts during the season. 

Please donate to Tim tonight, and I will donate on your behalf later. 

Will do.  I'm paying $11 so he can score a meaningful tip. The stadium is maybe 15-20% full so sales will be down.  Gotta do my part to keep our beerman paid.  :)

Archived