I thought they did GOOD.

"We did some good things" *clap clap clap*

But seriously, aside from the pick six and vinny's ankle I thought things went well. Mixon looked good, no snap issues by Price, aj is still aj, geno is still geno, I think Tate made the roster last night.

9 hours ago, Marlon23 said:

I think they did a good effort tonight.  I hope they come out ready to be good this year.  They seem to be on the track and field.  I think it is going to be a good fall season and part of winter season!! 

PS Marvin looking Pregnant. 

WHO DEY!!!!

You want to have Marvin's child?

That's just WRONG in so many ways.

Yeah, it was good. Especially for a first pre-season game. Last year, the horror of what was to come at o-line showed up right away in pre-season game 1 and carried forward all pre-season into the regular season. Last night showed that the line has a chance to be simply average. Get average play from the o-line, and the skill players at WR, RB and TE can REALLY make plays. The flash from both the offense and first team defense was a reason to feel pretty good this AM, frankly, if you are a Bengals fan. 

Also, while we are here on Tate, does he remind anyone else of a slightly bigger Anquan Boldin? Here are there respective combine numbers:

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=168&draftyear=2003&genpos=

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1002950&draftyear=2018&genpos=WR

Kinda close, no?

27 minutes ago, membengal said:

Also, Auden Tate has to make the team if they want to keep him. ZERO chance he makes it through waivers and onto practice squad. 

I don't think there was any question from the beginning since he's not really a 7th round pick. I think they see him as a steal and middle rounds pick.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Also, Auden Tate has to make the team if they want to keep him. ZERO chance he makes it through waivers and onto practice squad. 

This is exactly what I was going to post.  No chance in hell he makes it thru waivers.       So the question now is who goes if we keep Tate?  I can't imagine we would keep 7 receivers. Erickson is our punt and kick returner.   Core?

There are probably 5 teams that would pick him up tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

This is exactly what I was going to post.  No chance in hell he makes it thru waivers.       So the question now is who goes if we keep Tate?  I can't imagine we would keep 7 receivers. Erickson is our punt and kick returner.   Core?

Speaking of that...the dude returning punts in the 2nd half looked pretty darn good...forget his name?  He definitely wasn't scared and just charged like a bull in a china shop.  Not saying it's enough to supplant Erickson or anything, but just fun to watch.

I was impressed with the WR corps.  Ross certainly could have done better, not only with falling down on the Pic-6, but he seemed to either slip or not elevate at catch point on a couple others that should have been catches...but he did play a fair amount and did flash, so I'll be a bit more patient with him.

Sure were a lot of blown coverages in the secondary in 2nd half...guess it doesn't matter too much since many of those guys will either be ST's or insurance salesmen come regular season.

Do we know how bad Vinnie's ankle is yet?

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!    YES!!!!!

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Barring injury, I think their pecking order is already set in stone, with Core being the final decision. If they decide they need him for what he brings to special teams, we will keep 7 WRs. If not, he gets cut and we keep 6. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Tate will have to play his way off the roster at this point.  Core would probably be the odd man out if they keep 6 receivers (AJ, Boyd, Ross, Malone, Erickson, Tate).  Erickson is safe because he is valuable for ST.  

27 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Barring injury, I think their pecking order is already set in stone, with Core being the final decision. If they decide they need him for what he brings to special teams, we will keep 7 WRs. If not, he gets cut and we keep 6. 

My feeling is we won't keep 7 because we will want to keep an extra o lineman.  We have 6 good WRs so I can't see keeping an extra one for fun.  We may be swapping olineman in an out like last year hoping somebody steps up between Hart, Fisher, Hopkins  and Ced.  Fisher was starting to look passable last year until the heart thing.   Glenn is coming off injury so gotta keep than in back of head.   The team has to produce this year.

17 minutes ago, SF2 said:

My feeling is we won't keep 7 because we will want to keep an extra o lineman.  We have 6 good WRs so I can't see keeping an extra one for fun.  We may be swapping olineman in an out like last year hoping somebody steps up between Hart, Fisher, Hopkins  and Ced.  Fisher was starting to look passable last year until the heart thing.   Glenn is coming off injury so gotta keep than in back of head.   The team has to produce this year.

The question is can you keep that extra o lineman on the practice squad.  I think that's a better possibility than getting Tate to the Squad.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Almost certainly IMO.  Some of our starters would probably be safe on the PS so I think we can stash a backup.

I don't think we can stash anyone on the practice squad who has accrued a year or played more than 8 games. 

After watching and thinking about the Bears’ game, I believe our weak link is the offensive line. I have tried to find a way to fix it. The only fix I can come up with is a trade. I wish we would have been able to trade AJ to Cleveland for a nice draft pick. However, good news, I still stand by my 8-8 record for 2018. Hopefully, we draft offensive line help next spring.

Archived