Trey Hopkins Experiment

It's time to end the Trey Hopkins experiment as a starting offensive lineman in the NFL.  Between the injuries and overall bad play, he's not the answer.  He seems to get beat badly in the passing game and doesn't seem to consistent get a push in the running game.  It's time to let Westerman run with the ones and put Hopkins on the bench next to OggieBoogie.

23 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Wholeheartedly agree. Westerman looked like a beast out there Thursday night.  I'm sure Pollack saw the same thing many of us did...it was apparent.

I'm sure he did, but there's not a whole lot he can do about it right now.  Like I've said before, expecting him to turn around the worst OL in football in one offseason is a tall order.  At least we can trust him to play the best 5 guys, but aside from Price that's kind of looking like picking the best smelling turds. Given what he's got to work with I'm fine with him mixing & matching through the preseason even though it may be ugly at times.

I can't believe there wasn't OL help available in Round 2 of the draft but we took a backup safety instead.. but that ship has sailed.  Just have to hope the 2018 season wasn't onboard.

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'm sure he did, but there's not a whole lot he can do about it right now.  Like I've said before, expecting him to turn around the worst OL in football in one offseason is a tall order.  At least we can trust him to play the best 5 guys, but aside from Price that's kind of looking like picking the best smelling turds. Given what he's got to work with I'm fine with him mixing & matching through the preseason even though it may be ugly at times.

I can't believe there wasn't OL help available in Round 2 of the draft but we took a backup safety instead.. but that ship has sailed.  Just have to hope the 2018 season wasn't onboard.

Yeah, sure why not!

34 minutes ago, Rick said:

Your moderator senses are not that good. You still have the TO thread in the Bengals Forum. Do your job! Don’t join Jason in this blatant mistake. 

TO was a fucking Bengal. I got it off of the fucking Bengals feed on ESPN. So it's in the fucking Bengals forum. If you don't like it, then fucking ignore it. It's not that fucking hard. I know you know how to boycott things. Just boycott the thread.

Archived