Driven to Distraction

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

So the suggestion is , if Lewis definitely told him not to fumble he wouldn't have? Didn't realize it was that simple. Hell if I was a coach then I would record myself saying no fumbles, no interceptions, no holding calls, no pass interference etc etc. I would then play it back on every play of every game.:39:

No but maybe he would have had two hands on the ball when he was being tackled. 

BTW, that picture next to the Frozen chick is disturbing.   I bet he drives a white windowless van. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 10:50 AM, LostInDaJungle said:

You somehow think that Mr. "Limit Explosive Plays" didn't mention it at all?

I mean, all of this is some standard "what-iffing", but are you honestly saying that you feel like Marvin Lewis somehow is to blame for Hill fumbling that ball? Never mind the fact that he should not have to tell Hill not to fumble the ball with 2 minutes left in a close game.... But you honestly think that no one cared all year about holding on to the ball?

I had to take a long break after that last post. Honestly, Carlos Dunlap said it pretty well, and I think he's quoting Einstein about the definition of insanity. I'm just over Marvin Lewis. Have been for a long time. He usually puts a real good team on the field, I have to give him that. I'm just tired of some of the asinine decisions that cost us games. The poor clock management, the lack of aggression when there's nothing left to lose. If we're on the other teams side of the field, down by a touchdown or more, and it's fourth and 1 in the 4th quarter, we need to have a few plays ready for that situation. Just get to the line quickly and run it. Force their hand on defense, make em call a timeout. Not only do we seemingly not have game plans for these type of situations, we almost always just straight up punt. It seems abundantly clear we're not gonna win big games til something changes. My definition of a big game at this point is a playoff game, or Pittsburgh. I know that's not even close to literally true, but I'm that worn out, lol. Marvin in playoff games, 0-7. Marvin career vs. Pittsburgh, 8-23. I don't know man, I guess that was the most bitter pill of all... the wild card. I belabored it too much in that last post, and it's useless to second guess, but at the least the Hill fumble represented a team without a solid plan in a huge situation. At least to me. 

Archived