Potential on Offense

13 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The guys who played all had decent AVs their rookie years which is way more than can be said for Ced or Fisher.   Fisher has a career AV of 5 after 3 years while most of his draft mates got 6 or higher their rookie year alone.   We did pick up Glenn and Hart in FA which is more than we usually do.  Don't forget, we still have Eric Winston on speed dial.  Yeahhhh buddy. 

I think we're locked in to Ced or Fisher if either Hart or Glenn miss games.  I am obviously very happy about this and am in fact composing a progressive rock concept album celebrating the decision & all involved.

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think we're locked in to Ced or Fisher if either Hart or Glenn miss games.  I am obviously very happy about this and am in fact composing a progressive rock concept album celebrating the decision & all involved.

I don't rule out Boling sliding over to LT if Glenn goes down.  He did it last year and played better than Ced has at any point.  The right side is in flux and if Hart goes down we're left without good options.  It'll be hope and pray that Pollack can coach up the twin busts.  

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

If our oline plays well, Cleveland will probably have a head coaching vacancy...

Yeah but he'd probably have offers that aren't NFL Siberia.  It sucks to have our assistants plucked away so quickly but better than than some shlub that you can't shake for 30 years & only make a lateral move if they do leave.

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah but he'd probably have offers that aren't NFL Siberia.  It sucks to have our assistants plucked away so quickly but better than than some shlub that you can't shake for 30 years & only make a lateral move if they do leave.

Ketchup guy?

There is no “potential” for our offense until we get an average offensive line. It is blatantly and glaringly clear how bad our offensive line is after the Dallas game. Nothing worked. We could not throw the ball or run the ball because of our offensive line.  I am now worried we will not be able to get to an eight-eight season. 

4 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I hate to freaking say it again but somehow the offense always looks better with someone other than Dalton in there. That Driskel kid has get to get the backup spot and if Dalton starts a reg season game dead cold they have pull him.  

If Dalton played against a 3rd string defense he'd probably look a lot better.

On 8/19/2018 at 12:09 PM, T-Dub said:

If Dalton played against a 3rd string defense he'd probably look a lot better.

Right I just saying the kid is showing some good potential. 

And F it, if Dalton comes out cold as ice roll the kid out there for a drive or two. I've never been convinced that Dalton is a guy to be a #1 and only, for a 16 game season. 2 qbs isn't a bad thing if they compliment each other and the team. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Can the mods change the title by adding a NO in front of the title? Without offensive linemen help, we are in trouble!

Dude, since you already KNOW what the thread is about and have expressed your opinion about the offensive line in multiple threads, the answer is NO.

There is potential on the Bengal's offense.   There is intended, expected, or believed potential.   What we are looking for is actuality. We will not know what kind of potential our new additions have until the season starts.  We should already know what kind of potential was already with the team from previous years. For those who want to believe in a successful offense there must be a belief that the recent additions will elevate those around them.  Otherwise it will be a 6 and 10 season at best... 

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Can the mods change the title by adding a NO in front of the title? Without offensive linemen help, we are in trouble!

How about a ? mark at the end of the title.  Would that make you happy?  BTW, I ain't doing it!  :466:

Archived