Good story on AJ

23 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

Don't usually like Bleacher Report, but this was a good read on AJ;

Excellent read.   Although there was fishing for controversial statements, AJ never took the bait.   Great role model for kids growing up in the game.  Let's hope he rubs off on the players around him. 

"I've been through a lot," he says, "so anything I go through on the field is nothing."

I read bits and pieces of that article to my oldest son last night. It's incredibly interesting what motivates certain people to do things, and the early tragedy in his life seems like it's really shaped him into whom he is today. The takeaway of course is that not only is he OURS for now, he's the anti-Chad. A country guy whom isn't demonstrative and self-promoting like his peers and just keeps going out there and putting up the numbers. I love AJ Green. I wish there were more like him in the NFL, whether they play for my team or not. 

I can respect someone like Green, even if he was a Steeler. He doesn't show up in helicopters. Go buy that Porsche AJ. You've earned it.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I hope he does make the Hall.  Probably means a ring considering where he plays.

It going to be next to impossible without a ring.  That goes for all the WRs out there.  So many great ones playing right now post season success will be the ticket.

I finally read the entire article.  Quite an amazing read.  What a great story detailing his background, struggles, losses, and choosing to turn that into a hard working and inspirational person.  He certainly deserves more credit and attention than he gets, but it's nice to see that he's okay with that, and maybe even prefers that to a degree.

Thanks for sharing this piece with us USN...great stuff!

Archived