Teddy Bridgewater?

So Barkley is garbage.  Driskel is meh  Bridgewater seems to be healthy but is the odd man out with Jets.  He has looked very good.

I have to think this is Dalton's and Marvin's last shot.  Might be good insurance to have a backup who is former legit starter and only 25.

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

Depends on what the Jets are asking.  I wouldn't give up anything higher than a 4 for a backup QB.

If they cut him I'd go after him.  But if I'm the Jets I'd rather he be my backup QB than McCown

But McCown is in the system, so he has the edge there. I think either one would be good. I would actually love to have McCown. I'd be fine with Bridgewater. McCown might want to go somewhere else where he can start while a rookie is coming up again.

56 minutes ago, Hooky said:

But McCown is in the system, so he has the edge there. I think either one would be good. I would actually love to have McCown. I'd be fine with Bridgewater. McCown might want to go somewhere else where he can start while a rookie is coming up again.

McCown is also is guaranteed $10 mil this year.  Cutting him won't save a dime and will make the front office look stupid (I mean it is the Jets) .  Unless they could get some o line help for him he is probably staying but I doubt anyone gives up a lot for a 39 year old QB.  Starting Darnold day one is probably a horrible idea.  Their offensive line is shit and I don't think I even know 1 of their wide receivers other than Kearse and Robby Anderson.  Anderson will probably be suspended for fleeing a cop at 105 mph then threatening to rape the officers wife once caught.   Basically, the Jets could use just about anything to help their team.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

McCown is also is guaranteed $10 mil this year.  Cutting him won't save a dime and will make the front office look stupid (I mean it is the Jets) .  Unless they could get some o line help for him he is probably staying but I doubt anyone gives up a lot for a 39 year old QB.  Starting Darnold day one is probably a horrible idea.  Their offensive line is shit and I don't think I even know 1 of their wide receivers other than Kearse and Robby Anderson.  Anderson will probably be suspended for fleeing a cop at 105 mph then threatening to rape the officers wife once caught.   Basically, the Jets could use just about anything to help their team.  

I wasn't impressed with Darnold in the first place, but going into a shitstorm like the jets spells out inevitable failure. I don't care how poised he looks in pre-season against second stringers or a mix of 1s and 2s.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

I wasn't impressed with Darnold in the first place, but going into a shitstorm like the jets spells out inevitable failure. I don't care how poised he looks in pre-season against second stringers or a mix of 1s and 2s.

He has looked ok against vanilla defenses.  He is on a team rebuilding, not much talent on it but plenty of cap space. It is why they gave McCown $10 mil, you must spend up to a certain percent of the cap every year.

Bridgewater made one bad pass but looked like the old Teddy.  Eluded some rushers but kept his eyes downfield and made good passes.  The guy is not RGIII, he doesn't run at the first sign of pressure.  He was damn good two years ago but that injury was pretty bad. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Anderson will probably be suspended for fleeing a cop at 105 mph then threatening to rape the officers wife once caught.   

:13:

That's messed up!  

How many games did Goodell add to Burfict's suspension?  :ninja:

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

:13:

That's messed up!  

How many games did Goodell add to Burfict's suspension?  :ninja:

The Jets are a train wreck yet you hardly hear about all their problem children.  Burfict though, he hit a player hard.   Last time I checked, we didn't have 7 guys facing suspension at the same time:  https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/08/how_7_jets_facing_suspensions_legal_trouble_will_a.html

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The Jets are a train wreck yet you hardly hear about all their problem children.  Burfict though, he hit a player hard.   Last time I checked, we didn't have 7 guys facing suspension at the same time:  https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/08/how_7_jets_facing_suspensions_legal_trouble_will_a.html

Damn! I mean half of them are for weed but still.. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

Robby Anderson was fleeing and eluding, driving recklessly at 105mph, AND threatened to rape the arresting officer's wife...and plead no contest to a misdemeanor reckless operation and got six month's of "reporting by mail" probation? Jesus...when the NFL's punishment is more severe than the law's, something is clearly awry. Oh yeah, money, lawyers, NFL player...I forgot.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

Robby Anderson was fleeing and eluding, driving recklessly at 105mph, AND threatened to rape the arresting officer's wife...and plead no contest to a misdemeanor reckless operation and got six month's of "reporting by mail" probation? Jesus...when the NFL's punishment is more severe than the law's, something is clearly awry. Oh yeah, money, lawyers, NFL player...I forgot.

Can you imagine average John Q. Citizen saying some shit like that to a cop? They'd stomp a mudhole in 'em.

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Can you imagine average John Q. Citizen saying some shit like that to a cop? They'd stomp a mudhole in 'em.

No shit. It reminds me of Adam Jones' arrest. That video was awful of him. And I expect Mr Jones to be a Bengal at some point as well. We like stockpiling our first rounders at CB, and behind Jackson, Dre and Dennard, there's nothing. We will acquire the services, such as they are, of Adam Jones at some point. I firmly believe this.

8 hours ago, Bunghole said:

No shit. It reminds me of Adam Jones' arrest. That video was awful of him. And I expect Mr Jones to be a Bengal at some point as well. We like stockpiling our first rounders at CB, and behind Jackson, Dre and Dennard, there's nothing. We will acquire the services, such as they are, of Adam Jones at some point. I firmly believe this.

If we lose a CB at some point I'm sure he'd be the first person they call.  I almost hope he's passed out in a bush somewhere and misses it.  

Anyway back to Bridgewater:  I suspect he wants to be somewhere with a chance to start.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

If we lose a CB at some point I'm sure he'd be the first person they call.  I almost hope he's passed out in a bush somewhere and misses it.  

Anyway back to Bridgewater:  I suspect he wants to be somewhere with a chance to start.

I don't know.  We just brought in a CB a couple of weeks ago that wasn't Adam.  Then again, we haven't lost a starter yet.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

If a 7 year starter's head can be messed with, probably shouldn't be starting.  If we miss the playoffs this year it is time to move on.

If you were at your job for 20 years and they suddenly hired someone to do the exact same job with similar experience who could be just as good as you and if he was just as good as you you may lose your job, anyone would freak out. 

5 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

If you were at your job for 20 years and they suddenly hired someone to do the exact same job with similar experience who could be just as good as you and if he was just as good as you you may lose your job, anyone would freak out. 

However, Dalton has been in the league long enough to know that the business side of things is often ugly and players lose their jobs all the time when their performance dips and another younger, cheaper, hungrier, equally talented dude is ready to take your place.

Some people respond well to this kind of pressure (watch what happens with the Ravens this season with Flaccid and Jackson), some fold like a cheap tent. What SF2 is saying is that if Dalton's the latter person, then it's best to be rid of him anyway as he's not mentally strong enough to be our Dear Leader.

Archived