Bengals at Cowboys Game Thread

Just now, Jason said:

Why would you risk him getting hurt in a meaningless preseason game?

Why would you risk any of the starters? Is the Ghost of Eifert 2015 more important than AJ or anyone else?  Let him catch a couple balls, make some blocks & get hit a little.  

If he's not capable of doing that wouldn't you rather know now?

41 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Why would you risk any of the starters? Is the Ghost of Eifert 2015 more important than AJ or anyone else?  Let him catch a couple balls, make some blocks & get hit a little.  

If he's not capable of doing that wouldn't you rather know now?

No one else has the injury history he does.

The Bengals offensive line is unimpressive. Mixon has nowhere to go. Good run for the 1st by Dalton, even if he almost fumbled. Our defense isn't the same without Burfict in there, and it's apparent. Our linebackers still kinda blow. Vigil is no great shakes, Brown, despite announcers talking about how he's always around the ball, has missed some key tackles, etc, etc.

Like Jason said, in general we look like shit.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

No one else has the injury history he does.

Exactly, and if it were up to me, I'd rather know if he's over it instead of coddling him into the season.  That kind of stuff makes the whole team soft.  

But, y'know, it's not.

5 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

The Bengals offensive line is unimpressive. Mixon has nowhere to go. Good run for the 1st by Dalton, even if he almost fumbled. Our defense isn't the same without Burfict in there, and it's apparent. Our linebackers still kinda blow. Vigil is no great shakes, Brown, despite announcers talking about how he's always around the ball, has missed some key tackles, etc, etc.

Like Jason said, in general we look like shit.

The coaches are calling this game scared. Too much zone on the D side, too many cutesy plays on Offense.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Exactly, and if it were up to me, I'd rather know if he's over it instead of coddling him into the season.  That kind of stuff makes the whole team soft.  

But, y'know, it's not.

Seriously, the guy can play football or he can't. Saving him to get injured in Week 1 is not much of a plan. Heck, if gets injured tonight at least we have the pick of the waiver wire.

Archived