Bengal's Jungle Forum?

Duluoz

I also do not know what has happened. I have tried every means of contact I know with Super Cat, but have heard nothing. 

In years gone by, he sometimes would shut it down for a few days for a system upgrade or something, but it never lasted more than a week at the most. It has been down now for well over a month. He has always kept me informed, so I find this silence not only peculiar, but concerning. I care far more about his well-being, than the state of the message board. We go back decades together, and he is a great friend. 

Should I receive any news, I will let you folks know. 

Thanks to the Mods for allowing this thread to hang around a bit. 

33 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I also do not know what has happened. I have tried every means of contact I know with Super Cat, but have heard nothing. 

In years gone by, he sometimes would shut it down for a few days for a system upgrade or something, but it never lasted more than a week at the most. It has been down now for well over a month. He has always kept me informed, so I find this silence not only peculiar, but concerning. I care far more about his well-being, than the state of the message board. We go back decades together, and he is a great friend. 

Should I receive any news, I will let you folks know. 

Thanks to the Mods for allowing this thread to hang around a bit. 

Thx, LeTigre...I agree, the personal well being of Super Cat is monumentally more important than the board itself...until we hear otherwise, it looks like this site might be a suitable home. 

4 hours ago, Maldez said:

Thx, LeTigre...I agree, the personal well being of Super Cat is monumentally more important than the board itself...until we hear otherwise, it looks like this site might be a suitable home. 

We're more than suitable, ExxonMaldez, more than suitable.

In fact, we're like the Men's Wearhouse of Bengals messageboards. You're going to like the way you look...I guarantee it,

:lol:

16 hours ago, Duluoz said:

Hey, my old Bengals board http://bengalsjungle.com, seems to have crashed and burned...anybody know if it's coming back?

Is that the one where I was a regular poster before coming over here full time?

C. Hammet Bengazi/Coytele, Dixonator, MOC (host of excellent tailgates on 3rd St and who quit posting some time ago), Gary (not me but quit posting awhile ago, too), End Zone Russ (EZR) et al posted?  Bengal Sis, Shane Graham's sister, was on there and showed up for some of the tailgates.  Very nice person. Our Michael Westson aka Guru was there a lot, too, since he was a kid.

Cat on here was also over there. Had the pleasure of meeting him once up from Texas for a game.

Tiger J@w who lurks here once in awhile and was on that board sent me an IM asking where it went.

I could be wrong but if that's the same one, let me know and I will share with you what I speculated to J@w.

The thing I liked about that board was you could "ghost", post under another screen name.  Some hysterical conversations and comments from Marge Schott and Paul Brown's Ghost, etc..  It reminded me a lot of the Letters to the Editor in National Lampoon.

Even if not, welcome to this board and I hope you stay around.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Is that the one where I was a regular poster before coming over here full time?

C. Hammet Bengazi/Coytele, Dixonator, MOC (host of excellent tailgates on 3rd St and who quit posting some time ago), Gary (not me but quit posting awhile ago, too), End Zone Russ (EZR) et al posted?  Bengal Sis, Shane Graham's sister, was on there and showed up for some of the tailgates.  Very nice person. Our Michael Westson aka Guru was there a lot, too, since he was a kid.

Cat on here was also over there. Had the pleasure of meeting him once up from Texas for a game.

Tiger J@w who lurks here once in awhile and was on that board sent me an IM asking where it went.

I could be wrong but if that's the same one, let me know and I will share with you what I speculated to J@w.

The thing I liked about that board was you could "ghost", post under another screen name.  Some hysterical conversations and comments from Marge Schott and Paul Brown's Ghost, etc..  It reminded me a lot of the Letters to the Editor in National Lampoon.

Even if not, welcome to this board and I hope you stay around.

Nah Harry - this one was the one with Utts, and a troll named Tibor - not our own beloved Jungle with Dix, Tigger, et al.

51 minutes ago, Cat said:

Nah Harry - this one was the one with Utts, and a troll named Tibor - not our own beloved Jungle with Dix, Tigger, et al.

Yep, regulars on that board included Utts, Tibor, LimaBengal, LeTigre, Supercat (the mod) Spicoli, GhostofPB, UKBengal, ItalianBengal, AussieBengal, and several others. Maybe they'll find their way here.

51 minutes ago, Cat said:

Yep, regulars on that board included Utts, Tibor, LimaBengal, LeTigre, Supercat (the mod) Spicoli, GhostofPB, UKBengal, ItalianBengal, AussieBengal, and several others. Maybe they'll find their way here.

Gupps is welcome here along with the rest of their crew.   Can we bring back Lewdog from his banishment now ?  From what I can remember, he was at that board.   We can appoint LT as his handler...  😃  If I'm not mistaken, there are some forgotten immigrant children from the Old Enquirer board (the 1st incarnation not the 2nd).

"Give me your tired, your poor, 

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me..."

4 hours ago, Numbers said:

Gupps is welcome here along with the rest of their crew.   Can we bring back Lewdog from his banishment now ?  From what I can remember, he was at that board.   We can appoint LT as his handler...  😃  If I'm not mistaken, there are some forgotten immigrant children from the Old Enquirer board (the 1st incarnation not the 2nd).

"Give me your tired, your poor, 

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me..."

Lew was last seen--and still is actually--at CincyJungle. I can let him know it's safe to return. 

I left enough of a bread crumb trail over the years, that if the site went down permanently, everyone should congregate here. Hopefully many will migrate. 

8 hours ago, Cat said:

So that's where Tibor ended up.  That guy made me laugh like crazy on the board I used to enjoy.  Used to be called Jungle Insider.  Tibor used to raise all kinds of hell there.  Would troll other fans and have them spitting nails.  Love to see 'ol Tibs find his way here, but some of you wouldn't like it....

Archived