Larkin to the Expos?

Sofa_King_Cool

I know. They next question is (and don't get mad y'all!) does anyone care? The guy clearly is past his great playing years and the Reds really needed to start someone young to groom them for the position. How long do you pay a guy 6 or 7 (Griffey) figure salaries to be hurt for half a season or more, year after year? Larkin was swinging a mean bat last season but we need defense too. I wish the Reds had done a better job convincing him to be a bench coach or something rather than him going somewhere else. The fact he played for the same team his entire career despite free agency is admirable, but now I think his ego is getting the better of him...he needs to retire from playing, and should have done so at the end of last year, as a Red.

As I said in my thread on the same topic a few days ago, I think he could have filled the hole at 3rd base ontil Encarnacion was ready. I do NOT like the way it was handled. I usually try to go to a Reds game in July when I am in town, but maybe not this year in protest! (Though I may go to a Marlins game when they come down here - Uncle Carl won't get much of that money then!)

Archived