Opening TD to Ross

Winning

Bad:

The running game is still poor

Injury to Glenn, hopefully it's nothing even remotely serious

Ugly:

Tackling in the second half

The hit on Schreck

yep.. the Beautiful was easy.. both were great.

good should have Eifert played and isn't dead

and Bullock did what he is supposed to do...so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yea... hope Glenn was just a WTF is he even in there in the first place call...we're stupid 

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I missed that, what happened?

Late in the game he caught a pass and slid to keep the clock running and he was hit in the neck and shoulder.  He eventually walked away, but it was scary for a couple of minutes.

Our starting backfield of Mixon and Bernard combined for 10 yards on 10 carries. and were out-done by Walton and Flowers who combined for 10 yards on 9 carries. You'd think with the passing game back on track it would open things up for the RBs, but I guess nobody told the Bills.

It's rare to have an O line that pass and run blocks well. If this is a good pass blocking team then it'll be a heck of a lot better than what we watched out there last year.

Cordy Glenn is fine. He says that he'll absolutely be ready to play for the opener vs Indy.

Andrew Billings is a beast. If he stays healthy he'll be a huge force in the middle of that D line.

The key to the game in my opinion was that our starters soundly defeated their starters...it's all about wins/losses at the end of the day.

While I do have concerns about the O-Line, I also agree they did some things okay, i.e. pass blocking at least well enough for Andy and the receivers to have a good game.  Despite intentions, I never seem to be able to concentrate on watching position groups, so I can't really judge how bad the OLine really is or isn't.  Did Mixon/Bernard struggle due to our OLine sucking that bad, or is that what the Bills were game-planning against, i.e. take what the defense gives you?  Anyway, I'm nowhere near ready to put the OLine in the Ugly category, especially since they are a new grouping and that's gonna take a little time to gel.

Man I also wish J-Ross would be more consistent.  Nice catch/jukes/etc on the TD, but a couple OMFG drops too.  Hopefully he just needs a little more real game experiences to get past it?

In a salary cap league just about every team has a weak area. What's nice is that we have a Super Bowl worthy area and it's our D line. That's not bad. The Broncos rode their D line to a championship in Peyton's last yr. Granted they needed some luck, much of it against us, but it's possible. 

Indy did not look good this week vs SF. That's a very winnable Opener for us

Archived