Geno re-signed

11 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Excellent news.  Wonder what the number was?  Probably smart to sign before Donald breaks the bank.

It is front-loaded and smart from the team's perspective, as you might guess:

Schefter

Geno Atkins: 4-year extension for $65.3M, $25.5M in first year, per source. More than 50% contract($37.5M) paid in first 2 years. $16.3M yearly average is highest yearly average signed by a 30+ year old non-QB in NFL history.

Andre Perrotta Retweeted Adam Schefter

Strong 2-year Cash Flow for Geno Atkins on his 4-year extension. $37.5M over the first two years is ~$12.95M MORE than Atkins would have made by playing out the last year of his current deal ($9.55M) and next season on the non-exclusive DT Franchise Tag (~$15M).

I read about this last night on NFL.com. This is awesome news. I was reading an article on CNN about the Bills already being "the worst team in football" based on their performance against us. No credit given to our team or defense for being good, just "The Bills are bad, blah, blah blah" and the comments section is a bunch of Bills fans agreeing with the article writer. 

I had to step in and lay down some facts on them about how Atkins and Dunlap are pro bowlers, collectively have 125 sacks over nine years, tons of forced fumbles, passes defensed, etc.

I hate it when our obvious talent gets overlooked like that. And Buffalo didn't even see Burfict yet! If he had been on the field Allen would have been murdered!

Archived