Dunlap Signed too!!!

12 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Unbelievable!

We are definitely an O lineman or two, maybe a linebacker away from serious Super Bowl contention.

Now, if we can only get rid of Marvin.

I know he is a little inept in some areas but most of these positives I don't believe would be taking place if he wasn't here. ie.. Alender and Guenther gone. I wasn't a fan of Guenther. I firmly believe Austin is a solid upgrade.

1 hour ago, gupps said:

Like both the Geno and Dunlop signings a lot,  but what about the other side of the ball? After Andy and AJ, all the top paid players are on D IIRC.

Not many on that side of the ball are due a big extension that are worth a big extension.  Get a big RT in the first couple of rounds and you'll have a core of young guys that will be looking (hopefully) for extensions in 3 or four years.

3 hours ago, schotzee said:

I know he is a little inept in some areas but most of these positives I don't believe would be taking place if he wasn't here. ie.. Alender and Guenther gone. I wasn't a fan of Guenther. I firmly believe Austin is a solid upgrade.

Agreed 100%

I have been one of ole marvs biggest critics... but I think the extension may have been him saying give me some more control or I am out...

he still won't know how to make any fucking half time adjustments... lol 

51 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Agreed 100%

I have been one of ole marvs biggest critics... but I think the extension may have been him saying give me some more control or I am out...

he still won't know how to make any fucking half time adjustments... lol 

Let's see about the second half adjustments. That's really up to the asst coaches and we have a lot of new blood there. I agree that second half adjustments could not have been worse last yr

52 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Is Dennard next or will be go because he is too pricey for what he does?

I'd be inclined to extend him & cut DreK but I admit my dislike for him clouds my judgement.  He seems like a less talented Pacman, always whining to the refs & losing his temper.   No I don't know the man but from what I've seen he's the type of player I'd get rid of at the first opportunity.  

16 hours ago, membengal said:

"The Bengals are cheap" narrative taking some body blows this afternoon...

This absolutely tremendous news. 

Right up there with the "bad actors" and frequently in trouble with the law narrative.  The Bengals have had 1 player arrested since Jan 1, 2015.  That would be the LEAST number of players in the league. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Right up there with the "bad actors" and frequently in trouble with the law narrative.  The Bengals have had 1 player arrested since Jan 1, 2015.  That would be the LEAST number of players in the league. 

Other than drafting Mixon it was almost entirely Pacman.  

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

What happened in 2014?  I'm saying over the last few years Pacman was single-handedly keeping the "Bengals are thugs" story alive, other than the Mixon pick.

And the reality is Pac Man was only arrested once and that was for poking the hotel security guard in the eye Jan 2, 2017.   Meanwhile, the New York Jets have had 12 arrests since Jan 1, 2015 including 4 this year.  When was the last time anyone accused the Jets of being bad actors?

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

And the reality is Pac Man was only arrested once and that was for poking the hotel security guard in the eye Jan 2, 2017.   Meanwhile, the New York Jets have had 12 arrests since Jan 1, 2012 including 4 this year.  When was the last time anyone accused the Jets of being bad actors?

Arrested once, yes.  In the news for being a drunken shitheel many times however.

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Arrested once, yes.  In the news for being a drunken shitheel many times however.

True but at the end of the day we had one shithead.     New England has a guy punch his girlfriend in the face (Monte Ball), another hit and run with injuries (Brandon Spikes) and one guy summary executed his friend a few miles from his own home.   But our team has the discipline problems. 

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Same ol' shit. If we can't make billions like Dallas we can at least be useful as a scapegoat.

Don't compare us to the Super Awesome Dallas Cowboys.  They have won 2 playoff games this century.  They are America's team.    

Archived