Cuts Tracker

Thought I would start a thread to keep track of cuts, significant or otherwise. Hopefully, we can keep them here instead of a thread for every big name that gets cut and if we should get him.

I know when the cut-off is, but aren't there usually some cuts announced on Friday?

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Barkley or Driskel? 

Do we go with a pure rookie as a backup?

Do we put Driskel on the practice squad?  I honestly think we lose him if we do.

What's Barkley's injury status from last night?

Driskel Rotowire: https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=11026

Barkley Rotowire: https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=8004

I just see no reason to keep Barkley.  I do see Driskel as a viable backup.  At least Driskel has some elite speed for a QB. And Rick, LONG ARMS!!!  He is also pretty tall and sturdy at 230.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Driskel simply outplayed Barkley all the way through the preseason.  Who gives a fuck how long Barkley has been in the league, all that means is he isn't going to get any better.

If the youth movement is for real, as it seems it's happening considering the releases of Iloka and Lafell,  than logic would say that Barkley is a dead duck....It seems to me that Driskel shows that he has more going for him, not to mention younger and still can be developing.   Like you said, Barkley is a finished product--there isn't much more to him, other than the fact he has experience.

However, I have a feeling that the powers that be want to have a vet just in case Dalton goes down, God forbid...Though if they do surprise me and say that Driskel is the backup as well as Cincy going with only two quarterbacks,  that would indicate confidence that we would be find if the unthinkable happens.  We got lucky when we had McCarreon to back up after Andy fractured his thumb, sad that it took fuck ups with people that are no longer on the team (thank god!, Taze isn't avaiable for the first 4 games, Hill and Adam Jones are not around; neither of those three fucked up we would have be seeing a different tune) to see that...

10 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Mychal Kendricks?

https://deadspin.com/browns-cut-mychal-kendricks-following-federal-insider-t-1828703336

I mean, insider trading is kinda quaint! 

I thought this would appeal to Mikey immediately.

Don't see how this would affect anything as far as football but he may go to the pokey for a few years.

2 minutes ago, DanvilleBengal said:

If the youth movement is for real, as it seems it's happening considering the releases of Iloka and Lafell,  than logic would say that Barkley is a dead duck....It seems to me that Driskel shows that he has more going for him, not to mention younger and still can be developing.   Like you said, Barkley is a finished product--there isn't much more to him, other than the fact he has experience.

However, I have a feeling that the powers that be want to have a vet just in case Dalton goes down, God forbid...Though if they do surprise me and say that Driskel is the backup as well as Cincy going with only two quarterbacks,  that would indicate confidence that we would be find if the unthinkable happens.  We got lucky when we had McCarreon to back up after Andy fractured his thumb, sad that it took fuck ups with people that are no longer on the team (thank god!, Taze isn't avaiable for the first 4 games, Hill and Adam Jones are not around; neither of those three fucked up we would have be seeing a different tune) to see that...

I think Michael Johnson is outta here.

Ditto Ryan Hewitt  and Cody Core.

AJ AJ "Way Better Than Dalton" McCarron is a no brainer if he's cut. His familiarity with the players and the system are all pluses. Sounds like Paxton Lynch and Glennon will be avialable too.

FYI - "AJ "Way Better Than Dalton" was an autocorrect that I find amusing. Not my words though.

24 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Driskel simply outplayed Barkley all the way through the preseason.  Who gives a fuck how long Barkley has been in the league, all that means is he isn't going to get any better.

I'm in the Driskel camp and, dare I say, I think he would be decent if he has to play.

22 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Do we keep qb Logan Woodside and stick him on the practice squad or cut him

and dumpster dive the waiver wire?

I would take Macaroon back if he's waived just because he has a hot wife if nothing else.

Yeah, I would like AJ Webb back!

OT Antonio Garcia cut by the Jets. Was the 3rd round draft choice of New England last year. 6'7" 302 -- was being groomed to replace Nate Solder but then the Pats released him in May after some health issues (blood clots.) He's only 24. Worth a look?

Another option is Chance Warmack from the Eagles. He hasn't been cut, but it sounds like Philly is dangling him as trade bait. 6'2" 323, former first rounder out of Alabama (#10 overall pick in 2013.) Not sure what Philly needs -- maybe a WR while Jeffery recovers?

5 minutes ago, Michigan Muskie said:

OT Antonio Garcia cut by the Jets. Was the 3rd round draft choice of New England last year. 6'7" 302 -- was being groomed to replace Nate Solder but then the Pats released him in May after some health issues (blood clots.) He's only 24. Worth a look?

Another option is Chance Warmack from the Eagles. He hasn't been cut, but it sounds like Philly is dangling him as trade bait. 6'2" 323, former first rounder out of Alabama (#10 overall pick in 2013.) Not sure what Philly needs -- maybe a WR while Jeffery recovers?

There obviously will be no trade. A scrap heap pick up is the most we can expect.

I'm torn whether we should pick up McCarron even if he's cut. We signed Driskel almost exactly two yrs ago so he's been around and his physical skills are drool worthy compared to AJ Mc. I think it's time we move on from AJ and go with the more physically gifted guy. 

As far as wives go, Driskel's wive probably isn't half bad either. She's an ex cheerleader from UF

17 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I'm torn whether we should pick up McCarron even if he's cut. We signed Driskel almost exactly two yrs ago so he's been around and his physical skills are drool worthy compared to AJ Mc. I think it's time we move on from AJ and go with the more physically gifted guy. 

As far as wives go, Driskel's wive probably isn't half bad either. She's an ex cheerleader from UF

You have to post a pic of Mrs. Driskel or risk being banned

10 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

AJ AJ "Way Better Than Dalton" McCarron is a no brainer if he's cut. His familiarity with the players and the system are all pluses.

but can't the same be said for Driskel?

I'll take Driskel and that athleticism all day long.

Archived