Cuts Tracker

34 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Yeah, he's not a NFL caliber player but it just the practice squad.

I would have loved to see Cardale Jones on the PS, he has the physical skills but needs some refinement.

Is Jones eligible for the PS?  I don't know. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Already picked up by ummmm... ummmm..

However, Denver just cut 2015 1st round quarterback bust Paxton Lynch.

Better than Hackenberg?

Fuck a scrub QB for the practice squad, why aren't we signing literally any available OT to the active roster?  This is the time to take a flyer on some questionable project but I guess we only do that with draft picks.   If you sign a UDFA off waivers there's no reason to pay them millions for stinking up your roster for years.  These guys might have had bad things happen in their pasts maybe so carrying them beyond any reasonable expectation & lack of effort on their part is worth lots of Good Boy points.

I thought we might pick up Travis Swanson. He's a free agent veteran with lots of starting experience. He'd be a good backup center option. 

Nobody is going to claim Paxton Lynch on waivers since you'd get his first round contract with guaranteed money. After he's cleared waivers someone will sign him to a new deal. 

31 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I thought we might pick up Travis Swanson. He's a free agent veteran with lots of starting experience. He'd be a good backup center option. 

Nobody is going to claim Paxton Lynch on waivers since you'd get his first round contract with guaranteed money. After he's cleared waivers someone will sign him to a new deal. 

Swanson would have been a nice pick up because he is experienced.  Another name I saw was Hroniss Grasu, who was released by Chicago.  I am not sure who is going to be the backup center behind Price.  Right now I'm guessing it would be Boling or one of the other OG.  

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Swanson would have been a nice pick up because he is experienced.  Another name I saw was Hroniss Grasu, who was released by Chicago.  I am not sure who is going to be the backup center behind Price.  Right now I'm guessing it would be Boling or one of the other OG.  

Don't like Boling as backup LT and backup C.  Either of those guys goes down and the whole left side of the line takes a hit.  We get weaker at 2 positions instead of the one.

I'm gonna try not to harp on our scrapheap OT's & give them a chance, but the lack of a plan B after what happened last season has me like :Cereal_Guy-min:

16 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Don't like Boling as backup LT and backup C.  Either of those guys goes down and the whole left side of the line takes a hit.  We get weaker at 2 positions instead of the one.

I'm gonna try not to harp on our scrapheap OT's & give them a chance, but the lack of a plan B after what happened last season has me like :Cereal_Guy-min:

In several preseason games, the second unit appeared to be Trey Hopkins at C with Alex Redmond at RG. On gameday, the Bengals typically carry 7 linemen onto the 46, so I imagine Ogbuehi and Redmond would be the two backups.

If Glenn or Hart are out long-term and Ogbuehi isn't doing well, I wouldn't be surprised to see Boling take over like he did for Newhouse at RT a few years back. Then one of the backup guards plays Boling's LG position.

Not a great O-line by any stretch, but much improved from last year.

17 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I have been trying to sound the alarm about really, really, really needing help on the O line, but there are people on the board thinking we need to pick up players that are not O liners. These people think we are going to have a winning season, a playoff season, and more. There are  so many Bengal ostrich fans on this board with their heads stuck in the ground oblivious to our lower 1/3 of our lower 1/3 of our offensive line. If we lose one of our starters on the O line, we are going to be a 3-downs and out for our offensive all season. We need to load our “extra” players with ONLY O line.

E1BCCEEC-40A6-4FF5-9536-417B3B55DE6A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, SlantNGo said:

In several preseason games, the second unit appeared to be Trey Hopkins at C with Alex Redmond at RG. On gameday, the Bengals typically carry 7 linemen onto the 46, so I imagine Ogbuehi and Redmond would be the two backups.

If Glenn or Hart are out long-term and Ogbuehi isn't doing well, I wouldn't be surprised to see Boling take over like he did for Newhouse at RT a few years back. Then one of the backup guards plays Boling's LG position.

Not a great O-line by any stretch, but much improved from last year.

That's a plausible scenario for sure.  I think it's a risk to roll into Week 1 without a backup center, especially when your starter is a rookie to begin with.  My guess is that they will make a move for a veteran at some point.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I have been trying to sound the alarm about really, really, really needing help on the O line, but there are people on the board thinking we need to pick up players that are not O liners. These people think we are going to have a winning season, a playoff season, and more. There are  so many Bengal ostrich fans on this board with their heads stuck in the ground oblivious to our lower 1/3 of our lower 1/3 of our offensive line. If we lose one of our starters on the O line, we are going to be a 3-downs and out for our offensive all season. We need to load our “extra” players with ONLY O line.

What do you think any of us can do about it?  Christ, man...give it a break.  We know what you think.  I pretty much agree with you, but WTF?

1 hour ago, Rick said:

You realize that your caustic way of speaking generally makes no one want to agree with you, right? 

R: "The sky is blue but you never want to listen to me do you dumbass?"

Anyone: "Fuck you, it's teal."

I actually like the Hackenberg pick up.  The Jets (i.e. the Bengals of the 2000s) never gave him a chance.  Then he began bouncing around the league.  I've never been a Gruden fan in the way he develops QBs.  He really kinda sucks at it to be honest.  He gets most out of older, experienced pros and hasn't really worked well with younger QBs.

As for our O-Line, I'm a 1/2 full kinda guy on them.  I can tell you right now they are better than 10-12 OLs across the league.  People in Cleveland and Buffalo would be dancing in the streets to have our OL, and our old friend Paul Alexander is probably shitting his pants with Martin and Fredricks out and of course Tyron Smith's back is a boo-boo away from losing a top tier LT.

13 hours ago, Rick said:

I don't disagree with you at all.  I think most people on here agree, too.

Glenn is kind of a crap shoot with his injury history and with only a two year deal not looking like a long term answer.

Hart seems kind of flaky and erratic and, imho, not much of an improvement over what we have.

I've not seen a lot on the waiver wire that screams "go out and get him" and as with all waiver wire players, I think they are

were waived for a reason.

I like the Price pick but am OKish with Bates in the second round even though there were some quality OL guys still around plus

with a little creativity they could have drafted up and gotten Hernandez or traded a couple of lower picks and gotten a lower

second round pick in addition and gotten Daniels or the other O lineman who dropped like a rock.

And, all things considered, I think Price passes the short arms inspection.  The shaved head, baby face

and rosy cheeks make him look like a true psychopathic killer.  A real plus.

As far as Bates, I do like him and the pick.  The Bengals Inner Sanctum seemed to be down on Iloka at least after last

season.  He was kind of like having the fastest Volkswagon in town ... so what?  I thought it was Williams there were

trying to upgrade but I guess not but he's next.

So I am very OK with all your posts and insights.

Besides, anyone who lives in  hail.gifThe Villages hail2.gif has GOT to be cool.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/redskins-sign-ex-browns-lineman-caleb-brantley-173257345--nfl.html

Washington Native American Skins pick up Browns 6th round pick, Caleb Brantley.  Brantley slid in the draft  because of criminal something that was later tossed.  Brantly will probably turn out to be a productive addition to the NAskins because of the Browns long standing tradition of being able to fuck up a one man parade in a phone booth if they can find one.

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

Awesome info Rick! Do you have to be at least 55 to live there?

Yes.  You can buy a unit at an earlier age (50+) and let someone older use it,  but you can not live or rent there until you are 55.

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Thanks. I am kinda cool. More people on this site better start realizing it. The Villages is an unbelievable place to live. I would guess over 120,000 people 55+. It has more free golf courses than anywhere in China or the world. I am guessing we have around 210,000 golf carts, some costing more than $20,000. I just have a basic gas Yamaha, nothing fancy . We have over 100 pools to keep cool. We have the largest American Legion in the world. There are 10 women to every man. It is owned by a billionaire family. Because of that, they own everything, including building all the houses, selling all the houses, owning all the golf courses, owning the banks, owning all the financial institutions, etc. and etc. There is a plastic surgeon on every corner. And surprisingly enough, this is the most amazing thing to me, there is not one shack, shed, or piece of trash in this entire vast area. The family plant flowers four times a year throughout the entire area. They own palm tree plantations to supply palm trees for the area. I would guess, there are over 200 to 300,000 palm trees. And the good news is, you can start living the lifestyle of a millionaire for around $110,000. It’s absolutely incredible. Below is a video I made driving in The Villages  to the Arnold Palmer country club. The landscaping is really quite nice. I was filming while my friend was driving. This is where I drive when I go to one of the three downtown areas for dinner, a movie, and so much more. Enjoy the ride with me. And yes,  I am kind of cool. 

Cool stuff, Rick.  It would help if when you post you don't begin by insulting everyone on the board for not agreeing with you.  Yes, you see it a lot with politicians, but nobody likes them either.

9 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Cool stuff, Rick.  It would help if when you post you don't begin by insulting everyone on the board for not agreeing with you.  Yes, you see it a lot with politicians, but nobody likes them either.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will try to do a better job in the future. Also, all of my posts about The Villages should be removed since this is Bengals only forum. The moderators should have caught that. Hopefully, I will be able delete them.

Also, I may be a big fan of yours, are you the Uncle Earl gun hostler business? If so, I love your conceal hostlers.

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Good news, I was able to delete all three The Villages posts, including taking a ride with me in my golf cart.

Have you considered Twitch or Youtube video streaming?  I think a lot of people would enjoy watching you stunting through this strange, enchanted place in your cart.   There are different privacy laws if the whole place is private property, keep that in mind.  You could always edit the videos first, blur out any faces, genitals or illegal activity and then upload them.

Reality TV is huge, something to think about!

28 minutes ago, Rick said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I will try to do a better job in the future. Also, all of my posts about The Villages should be removed since this is Bengals only forum. The moderators should have caught that. Hopefully, I will be able delete them.

Also, I may be a big fan of yours, are you the Uncle Earl gun hostler business? If so, I love your conceal hostlers.

Here you go....Just a reminder @Rick

Don't be  Troll, don't Hijack threads and don't be a Jerk.  If you can't remember, there is a link here: 

3.  Troll behavior -  Not contributing meaningfully and or respectfully
4.  Thread Hijacking - We understand that threads will wander, but keep each thread on topic.
6.  Jerkish behavior.

Archived