Cuts Tracker

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I will try to do a better job in the future. Also, all of my posts about The Villages should be removed since this is Bengals only forum. The moderators should have caught that. Hopefully, I will be able delete them.

Also, I may be a big fan of yours, are you the Uncle Earl gun hostler business? If so, I love your conceal hostlers.

Nah, I'm not that Uncle Earl. 

I don't mind the Villages posts.  No need to delete them, IMO.  I get that they aren't totally by the book, but we can deal with it.

On 9/3/2018 at 4:04 PM, T-Dub said:

Fuck a scrub QB for the practice squad, why aren't we signing literally any available OT to the active roster?  This is the time to take a flyer on some questionable project but I guess we only do that with draft picks.   If you sign a UDFA off waivers there's no reason to pay them millions for stinking up your roster for years.  These guys might have had bad things happen in their pasts maybe so carrying them beyond any reasonable expectation & lack of effort on their part is worth lots of Good Boy points.

What do we use the practice squad for? sign 10 tackles there. Our season depends on getting better at RT. 

7 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

What do we use the practice squad for? sign 10 tackles there. Our season depends on getting better at RT. 

I have a hard time believing that every single available OT right now is worse than Ogbuehi or Fisher.  They could pull a name out of a hat & have a good shot at upgrading the position. 

On 9/3/2018 at 6:47 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

Swanson would have been a nice pick up because he is experienced.  Another name I saw was Hroniss Grasu, who was released by Chicago.  I am not sure who is going to be the backup center behind Price.  Right now I'm guessing it would be Boling or one of the other OG.  

Hopkins is the backup center.

I am starting to worry a bit about the right side.  We didnt really discuss Hart much.  Did he play well this summer?  I guess if he totally sucked I would know.  Cedric and Fisher were mind numbingly horrible.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I am starting to worry a bit about the right side.  We didnt really discuss Hart much.  Did he play well this summer?  I guess if he totally sucked I would know.  Cedric and Fisher were mind numbingly horrible.

My thoughts, too.

Didn't see enough of Westerman to determine if he is a long term or season answer.

He seemed to be the pick of the litter at ORG.  Redmon (sp?) is a penalty machine.

The bad back thing is not good.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Redmond is a beast, physically he can be very good at RG. IF he can clean up the mental errors. Frankly, interesting to me that the Bengals are giving him a chance. His mental errors/penalty issues would usually put him to back-up. 

Yeah, well you are talking about a team whose offense used to get tons of delay of game penalties coming out of a timeout so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16 minutes ago, Elflocko said:

Yeah, well you are talking about a team whose offense used to get tons of delay of game penalties coming out of a timeout so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Come on they were just tired and wanted a little longer break.

36 minutes ago, Elflocko said:

I guess I am ok with them rolling the dice with physicality and upside at RG since he other option appears to be Hopkins.

I am absolutely ok with this quote from Redmond:

Alex Redmond was asked if coaches ever tried to rein in his personality. He said "My new offensive line coach absolutely loves it. He loves everything about the physicality. ... I've had other coaches in the past tell me to be something I wasn't. They're gone now thankfully."

2 minutes ago, membengal said:

I am absolutely ok with this quote from Redmond:

Alex Redmond was asked if coaches ever tried to rein in his personality. He said "My new offensive line coach absolutely loves it. He loves everything about the physicality. ... I've had other coaches in the past tell me to be something I wasn't. They're gone now thankfully."

He must be referring to ketchup guy.:lol:

19 hours ago, membengal said:

For sure. But...he made it plural, so I'm wondering who else.

I take that as a halfhearted attempt to make it less obvious who he was referring to..  

Give me the guy that smashes the bottle over his own head & eats the ketchup along with the shards.  

Archived