Cuts Tracker

11 hours ago, SF2 said:

Driskel Rotowire: https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=11026

Barkley Rotowire: https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=8004

I just see no reason to keep Barkley.  I do see Driskel as a viable backup.  At least Driskel has some elite speed for a QB. And Rick, LONG ARMS!!!  He is also pretty tall and sturdy at 230.

Long arms are always a big plus. I like Driskel.

11 hours ago, SF2 said:

Driskel Rotowire: https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=11026

Barkley Rotowire: https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=8004

I just see no reason to keep Barkley.  I do see Driskel as a viable backup.  At least Driskel has some elite speed for a QB. And Rick, LONG ARMS!!!  He is also pretty tall and sturdy at 230.

Driskel and Barkley?  The Rotowire brothers?  Never heard of them.

I hope they keep Driskel or find a better option with other team cuts, and no that does not include Josh Dobbs.  I don't see any upside in his game that Driskel doesn't already have. I'm very curious about A.J.  It would be an interesting internal debate if he did get cut.  I just don't see the Bills cutting him.  Allen is totally unproven and Peterman threw 5 interceptions in one game.  Both are too raw for the NFL unless the Bill have decided to go with Allen and hope for at best a 7-9 season.

FYI and FWIW ... not implying we should get any of these douche nozzles.

Check out the list below as we track the most notable players left looking for jobs.

• P Shane Lechler, Texans

• QB Christian Hackenberg, Eagles

• QB Joe Callahan, Eagles

• WR Braxton Miller, Texans

• TE Alec Bloom, Cardinals

• OL David Quessenberry, Texans

• DE Kony Ealy, Cowboys

• RB Joe Williams, 49ers

• QB Brogan Roback, Browns

• S T.J. Green, Colts

• TE Gavin Escobar, Dolphins

• WR Michael Floyd, Saints

They're referencing Hobson in the article that's linked so take it for what it's worth. It would make zero logical sense if true considering the impression we've gotten from ole' Marv in previous years about players injured who don't contribute - but would it make sense because "Bengals"? Absolutely. After all, Core has had such a great preseason and has been a vital part of this team. Tate obviously doesn't possess the same special teams ability, such as running down the field and watching the opposing team kneel 6 yds in the endzone for a touchback.

There's really not a good argument to be made for acquiring McC at this stage over Driskel. Cooter played SHITTY in the preseason and then got hurt (this isn't to mention ol' Musty poisoning that well with that whole arbitration thing) and Driskel played very well, all things considered. So Driskel over McC all day for me.

And I hope the Tate thing is true. LOL at JRod's special teams description. Well done.

:42: So hope this is fake news or smoke.  He'll go straight to Cleveland an snatch balls away from Dre the Drama Queen twice a year for the next decade.  Assuming Curly Locks Kirkpatrick ;lasts that long.  Which he won't/

This is surprising news.

By Rebecca Toback@Rebecca_Toback  Aug 31, 2018, 7:34pm EDT

usa_today_10998390.0.jpgCincinnati Enquirer-USA TODAY NETWORK

Auden Tate has been a fan favorite since arriving in Cincinnati as a seventh round draft pick this year.

Many thought he’d make the 53-man roster (including us here at Cincy Jungle) after he dazzled all throughout training camp with highlight reel play after highlight reel play. In the first preseason game he had a touchdown catch that wowed fans, but then he went quiet in the second and third games.

In the preseason finale he finished with two catches for 33 yards. His only other game catching a pass was the first preseason game when he caught one pass for 33 yards. His biggest problem may be an inability to effectively contribute on special teams, something that’s necessary for the No. 6 wide receiver on any team.

According to Bengals.com’s Geoff Hobson, Tate is the odd man out at wide receiver, and isn’t expected to make the 53-man roster when it’s announced on Saturday afternoon. Hobson leaves the door open for Tate to potentially make the cut, but it doesn’t sound good for the former Florida State receiver.

Seriously, how could they cut Tate over Core? Green, Boyd, Ross, Malone, Erickson are locks...if they only go with six WR's, then it's Core or Tate, right? If they go with 7 WR's, then whom gets the nod over keeping BOTH Core and Tate? Who's the surprise WR that makes the roster?

I started this thread as a cuts tracker for all teams also. Does anybody have any links of teams that made their cuts? 

Braxton Miller and Shane Lechler were notable cuts by the Texans though they're not relevant to our needs. 

Coleman got cut by the bills after they traded for him. Another stellar turds high draft pick.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

Seriously, how could they cut Tate over Core? Green, Boyd, Ross, Malone, Erickson are locks...if they only go with six WR's, then it's Core or Tate, right? If they go with 7 WR's, then whom gets the nod over keeping BOTH Core and Tate? Who's the surprise WR that makes the roster?

Maybe they are wait8ing to see if a plum falls off the waiver wire.

Like Brandon LeFelldownandgoboom

Archived