Bengals vs Colts Official Game Day Thread...

11 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

The point I was trying to make since it was called a unnecessary roughness call, then it is not NYs to make.  It is the Head Refs call as they were getting ready to start a play until he got the call down from NY. That is not allowed and yes, they were making us their favorite whipping boys again.  

I had no problem with the ejection of Williams no matter who made it.  And even if it was unintentional.

However, the two total crap unnecessary roughness calls on Carlos were totally bogus and I think those will go a long way to making him be unfairly tagged a dirty player and the NFL seem like they are targeting us as whipping boys.

All I want is for the refs and NFL to call it the same way against the Squeelers.

I also want Santa Claus to bring me a pony for Christmas and peace in the Middle East.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I had no problem with the ejection of Williams no matter who made it.  And even if it was unintentional.

However, the two total crap unnecessary roughness calls on Carlos were totally bogus and I think those will go a long way to making him be unfairly tagged a dirty player and the NFL seem like they are targeting us as whipping boys.

All I want is for the refs and NFL to call it the same way against the Squeelers.

I also want Santa Claus to bring me a pony for Christmas and peace in the Middle East.

Said as much in another thread but the only way to change the "Bengals are dirty" narrative is to go back to being pushed around by teams like Shitsburgh.  Fuuuuuuuck that.

Listening to Cincinnati 360 on 1530 earlier today, Moe Egger made the comment that the refs were properly enforcing the rule, but that it was a terrible rule. He said "they're trying to legislate against the laws of physics", ie, that when you tackle someone, a good portion of the time you're going to end up on top of them.

3 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Listening to Cincinnati 360 on 1530 earlier today, Moe Egger made the comment that the refs were properly enforcing the rule, but that it was a terrible rule. He said "they're trying to legislate against the laws of physics", ie, that when you tackle someone, a good portion of the time you're going to end up on top of them.

Not only that but in trying to avoid landing on them the QB is going to get whipped around and slammed to the turf more as the tackler rolls away from them.  At some point they have to accept that they are playing a contact sport like everyone else or just put flags on them and make it simple.  I know they want Brady to play until he's 50 and are almost as invested in Luck, but they let the Colts hit Andy & didn't give a shit.  Again it's not the rules or player safety focus but the one-sided nature of how that gets enforced that bothers me.  

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

It is the National Star Power Sort of Like Football League after all. 

But just as many consumers like the well-known defensive stars too. Will be interesting to see how the NSPSoLFL gets around someone like JJ Watt falling gracefully on a not-so-famous QB? 

Dalton might be in trouble for suggesting that Luck got calls that he didn't. How dare he? No matter how obvious it was.

13 hours ago, Bunghole said:

And the SFL, Safety First League, doesn't seem to care that linemen will get injured contorting themselves to tackle without landing anywhere near the QB. Or avoid a QB that puts his helmet right in their tackle path.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

And the SFL, Safety First League, doesn't seem to care that linemen will get injured contorting themselves to tackle without landing anywhere near the QB. Or avoid a QB that puts his helmet right in their tackle path.

Gonna need some type of auto force field device to stop guys who are blocked into the QB from hitting their legs 

I was watching the Rams vs Raiders game last night featuring all the Bengals who are going to play forever...Frostee Rucker, Andrew Whitworth, Leon Hall, Reggie Nelson and Mike Nugent. I also noticed that Chunk Guenther prefers the pizza sandwiches in LA to those in Cincinnati. It was odd seeing all those boys on one field again.

4 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I was watching the Rams vs Raiders game last night featuring all the Bengals who are going to play forever...Frostee Rucker, Andrew Whitworth, Leon Hall, Reggie Nelson and Mike Nugent. I also noticed that Chunk Guenther prefers the pizza sandwiches in LA to those in Cincinnati. It was odd seeing all those boys on one field again.

Fun fact:

The Bengals first four picks from 2006 are all still playing on other teams (Joseph, Whit, Frostee, Peko).  

Also, Guenther has his work cut out for him in Oakland.  Not his fault Mack is gone, but he has way less talent to work with than he had here.  He is going to get exposed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 10:56 PM, thezerawkid said:

You sure that’s how New York’s involvement works? As I understand it New York can instruct ejection on any play that a subjective ruling can be applied to. Correct me if I’m wrong.

From my understanding to the rule, it is the officials on the field call to make and they can go back to speaking to each other on the field to talk about ejecting the player, but it is not NYs call to make.  NY will only review the play to overturn it possibly.  The problem here is like I stated, they were getting ready to go to the next play and then the Head Ref was buzzed in from NY or Review Official at the game and then the Refs met up and then made the ejection call.  Of course NY is not going to overturn it because they were the ones who told the Head Ref to eject him.  That is the main point to all of this.  The rule spells it out above.

Archived