Bengals vs Colts: the Good, Bad, and Ugly

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Redmond and Hart were our two lowest rated players. Between the two they allowed 10 pressures and helped Margus Hunt almost match his career sack yesterday. Not sure which game you watched.

That's a pretty uncivil response, but I will try not to cuss at you. Mixon averaged 5.5 ypc. Redmond blocked the run really well, Goodberry had some tweets of some of that, if you want a breakdown. Hunt's two sacks came over Hart, who I exempted from a kind word and suggested needed to be replaced. Beyond that, I have pretty much ZERO use for PFF grades, which is what I am going to assume you are referring to. I mean, for fuckssake, they had Mixon at a 59.1 for yesterday - the lower end of their average range. Maybe no need to be a jerk to me, or maybe there is, I guess. Dunno. Have a good one.

48 minutes ago, membengal said:

That's a pretty uncivil response, but I will try not to cuss at you. Mixon averaged 5.5 ypc. Redmond blocked the run really well, Goodberry had some tweets of some of that, if you want a breakdown. Hunt's two sacks came over Hart, who I exempted from a kind word and suggested needed to be replaced. Beyond that, I have pretty much ZERO use for PFF grades, which is what I am going to assume you are referring to. I mean, for fuckssake, they had Mixon at a 59.1 for yesterday - the lower end of their average range. Maybe no need to be a jerk to me, or maybe there is, I guess. Dunno. Have a good one.

If I may ask: in what way was his post uncivil? It certainly wasn't towards you.

Our D is getting a lot of criticism and deserved.  Maybe rationalizing but ...

Williams got kicked out early in the game (rightly so, unfortunately and like it or not).  Our two safeties were a rookie in his first game and a seventh round draft choice special teams ace.  Apparently they were told to play back in center field and prevent the long ball.  

With the exception of Vigil on occasion (he led the D in tackles, Fej was second) our linebackers historically and as usual can't cover a pass.  That was Brown's rep coming in and even the TV guys commented on how open the one guy was scooring a td with Jordan Evans in coverage looking back like wtf am I doing here, I can't cover this guy.

Two sacks and a forced fumble were taken away from Carlos on bullshit calls.  That in itself really hurt our D and made the game closer than it should have been.

Lawson was double teamed.  That will be SOP the rest of the season.  Disappointed in Hubbard and MJ won't be brought back the next time he is cut.

For the O... 

Price > Bodine but I expected more.  Would like to know on Andy's sack when Price was on his back waiving his little arms around like a turtle (for Rick) what happened.  Off balance, slipped, something?  However, still like the guy.  Put Westerman in at ORG (if his back will allow it) and determine who is the best option at ORT.  Draw straws or bring someone in or something.  But that was sad.

Another thing that threw me before the game even started was the inactives.

Westerman... huh? unless not 100%

Jefferson?  Our highly touted draft pick?  Couldn't he at least play special teams with his talent?

Pretty much the same for Walton the running back.

And I wanted to see Tate grab a few.

But those guys were out and guys like Carter and a scrub D back were active?

Beyond me but I don't know the whole story.

AND... the Bengals home page is down right now.  How fitting.

I thought Price looked pretty good as the game went on, being as that it was his first start as a rookie center.  He seemed vocal and aggressive, which are both nice to see from the position for a change.  Dude has a lot of room to grow to be sure but flashed some natural ability at times as well IMO.  He was firing off the ball fast as hell at times, like it looked like a false start only he's the center.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

The defense played a lot better in the second half when they switched from running zone to more man to man.

Yeah that zone was not working, not sure why it took so long to get out of it. The thing is the Bengals drafted all of these athletic press corners and then they don't let them play to their abilities.

Thor saved the day for the Bengals and this defense, hopefully going forward he gets more snaps on defense.

Finally got to watch this game last night.

The Good

Geno

Carlos

Fejedelem

Mixon

the 2nd half

The Bad

Oline is gonna take time to gell playing together and Price got handled on too many plays.

Allowing Magus Hunt to have a good day.

AJ's hands

The Ugly

Williams getting kicked out of the game

The Ref on that Dunlap sack that was clearly clean.

On 9/11/2018 at 8:31 AM, Jamie_B said:

Finally got to watch this game last night.

The Good

Geno

Carlos

Fejedelem

Mixon

the 2nd half

The Bad

Oline is gonna take time to gell playing together and Price got handled on too many plays.

Allowing Magus Hunt to have a good day.

AJ's hands

The Ugly

Williams getting kicked out of the game

The Ref on that Dunlap sack that was clearly clean.

Williams getting kicked out was bad but i am glad we are hitting hard..... What i don't understand is that i thought luck was a runner and no longer defenseless...

5 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

Williams getting kicked out was bad but i am glad we are hitting hard..... What i don't understand is that i thought luck was a runner and no longer defenseless...

You are not allowed to lead with the helmet and hit anyone in the head regardless of position.  It sucked but was the proper call based on the rule.  The Dunlap stuff is really shaky and many of the defensive players around the league are up in arms about it other than Pittsburgh since they won't get called for it per the Confidential Addendum to the CBA. 

35 minutes ago, SF2 said:

You are not allowed to lead with the helmet and hit anyone in the head regardless of position.  It sucked but was the proper call based on the rule.  The Dunlap stuff is really shaky and many of the defensive players around the league are up in arms about it other than Pittsburgh since they won't get called for it per the Confidential Addendum to the CBA. 

Yeah for sure. The stealers will exploit some kind of "loophole" in the rule like they always do.

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

Yeah for sure. The stealers will exploit some kind of "loophole" in the rule like they always do.

They got a call pretty similar to the Dunlap "roughing". I think it was Myles Garrett that landed too hard on Jen's vagina. Would've been 4th down, but stealers got a TD a play or two later.

21 minutes ago, Hooky said:

They got a call pretty similar to the Dunlap "roughing". I think it was Myles Garrett that landed too hard on Jen's vagina. Would've been 4th down, but stealers got a TD a play or two later.

Not surprising. Stealer fans are always complaining he gets hit late and shit all the time, but nothing is ever called. I'm willing to wager more non calls happen against Andy.

2 hours ago, schotzee said:

Not surprising. Stealer fans are always complaining he gets hit late and shit all the time, but nothing is ever called. 

If the refs blew the play dead faster when he was "in the grasp" (as they should) he wouldn't be able to fleeb around until a receiver gets open and they'd complain about that, too. If a QB is going to be allowed the chance to break tackles then defenders should be allowed to tackle them like anyone else.

Of course Shitsburgh fans love to complain about other teams being dirty.  Pretty sure they're still the only NFL team harboring a player that mugged another player.

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If the refs blew the play dead faster when he was "in the grasp" (as they should) he wouldn't be able to fleeb around until a receiver gets open and they'd complain about that, too. If a QB is going to be allowed the chance to break tackles then defenders should be allowed to tackle them like anyone else.

Of course Shitsburgh fans love to complain about other teams being dirty.  Pretty sure they're still the only NFL team harboring a player that mugged another player.

Oh no doubt about it. Spot on. I'm not defending their claim at all.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Quarterback.

Quarterback on the NFL's endangered species list to be more specific, i.e. the non-Andy list

33 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

This has always been my beef with protecting QB's in general, but more specifically to escape artists like Ben, Cam, etc.  If you've got a history of burning teams with your ability to shed tackles, to stay in the grasp forever without being called down, and also improvise runs and the like, then you should have to give up some of your "protect thy fragile QB" rights in my opinion.  Shouldn't have the best of both worlds.  Unfortunately, it gets very subjective, and you know how that works out for teams like the Stealers.

Archived