So how do we beat the super amazing Ravens?

11 minutes ago, schotzee said:

What are expected weather conditions?

looking like upper 70's and clear at game time.. so nice

Rats aren't as good as week1 for sure..they played probably the worst team in football. Bengals have some shit to work on though

Our lines show up and we will be fine... gotta protect Red. and the d-line needs to be in flacco's grill and he will suck. i think that is what it comes down to.

Can't Wait!!!!

4 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

looking like upper 70's and clear at game time.. so nice

Rats aren't as good as week1 for sure..they played probably the worst team in football. Bengals have some shit to work on though

Our lines show up and we will be fine... gotta protect Red. and the d-line needs to be in flacco's grill and he will suck. i think that is what it comes down to.

Can't Wait!!!!

I agree! I think Mixon's confidence will be sky high and we gash them on the run. Good on the weather, I was figuring on sloppy weather with the storms everywhere.

Stating the obvious but we better be ready because the Ravens are coming out swinging after we knocked them out last year. Hopefully we Hart shows some heart and Mixon keeps rolling. We defiantly need more deep balls early and Ross needs to be targeted more for sure. 

16 minutes ago, kriZENry said:

Stating the obvious but we better be ready because the Ravens are coming out swinging after we knocked them out last year. Hopefully we Hart shows some heart and Mixon keeps rolling. We defiantly need more deep balls early and Ross needs to be targeted more for sure. 

Oh hell yeah. Forgot about knocking them out.

Joe Flacco, quarterback: 7-7 record, 2,674 passing yards, 13 touchdowns, 18 interceptions in 14 career games vs. Bengals

We have pretty much had his number since he has been in the league.

18 picks in 14 games.

Could not find a stat on how many times we have sacked him.

Also, our receivers (not just A.J.) always seems to find a way to a make a huge play

Honestly, who knows how this team is going to be? With the revamped O-line, new coaches and new playbook......I'm waiting to see.

I had last Sunday pegged as very manageable game for us. We know how that worked out (I credit Luck's quick release and accuracy for their success). I also agree that Buffalo is just terrible. Who was their quarterback again (seriously - I can't recall)?

Anyway........tomorrow night should be a good barometer for us.

Hopefully we can build our run game off of last week. I've thought all offseason that was our biggest need.

Run the wheels off Mixon - right past their blitz.

Baltimore comes into this week rested and looking for revenge.  On the plus side, Flacco usually stinks at PBS and the Ravens have to travel on a short week.  It's hard to judge what they did against an awful Buffalo team, perhaps the worst team in the league.  They're supposed to stomp them and they did easily.  Going on the road against a division rival is a completely different animal. 

Prime Time is definitely a concern as we've historically under Marvin been so bad in those games. However, I am detecting a whiff of moxie in this squad that I haven't seen in awhile. Last year's team doesn't beat the Colts down 23-10 in the 3rd, but this year's team did. No more folding like cheap tents, play for sixty minutes baby!

That said, keys would be:

Controlling Suggs, keep that guy away from Dalton.

Getting to Flaccid early and often

Don't be fooled by any Lamar Randle-El trick plays or runs...stay home on defense.

Establishing a run game early, and don't give up on it if it doesn't seem to be working at first or if we get down two scores or less. Keep after it!

Secondary blanketing their wideouts.

COVER A TIGHT END

Eifert stepping up and having a HUGE game, something on the order of 10 catches for 120 yards and a score

11 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Don't be fooled by any Lamar Randle-El trick plays or runs...stay home on defense.

Good call, you know they are going to go after our rookie FS.   

Flacco is Cap'n Checkdown so they need to be better about the short stuff and hopefully jump a route or two but at least get off the field on 3rd downs.   Our DB's seem much better in man coverage anyway.

Can't get lulled into a "we always beat these guys" nap either, TNF is enough of a shitshow without finding other reasons to lose focus.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Good call, you know they are going to go after our rookie FS.   

Flacco is Cap'n Checkdown so they need to be better about the short stuff and hopefully jump a route or two but at least get off the field on 3rd downs.   Our DB's seem much better in man coverage anyway.

Can't get lulled into the "we always beat these guys" either, TNF is enough of a shitshow without finding other reasons to lose focus.

Only reason I even mentioned it is because we were so susceptible to those Antwan Randle-El trick plays for several years, and Lamar Jackson would be the perfect player to implement a few gadget plays to crush us if we fall for them.

I am optimistic that the Ravens will come in on a high from week one and possibly look past us! I think we hit them hard on D. Buffalo was soft. Also Flaco holds on to the ball to long and we will not make him comfortable - 3 sacks coming (buffalo gave him alot of time to find his targets). I am worried about the middle of the field - short passes are hurting this club again (LBs need to step up). As for the Offense - baring any fumbles (AJ) and the OL's ability to maintain Mixon's wheels, protecting Andy so Ross and Eifert can get more involved I think we win this one narrowly.

16 hours ago, SmoothD said:

Joe Flacco, quarterback: 7-7 record, 2,674 passing yards, 13 touchdowns, 18 interceptions in 14 career games vs. Bengals

We have pretty much had his number since he has been in the league.

18 picks in 14 games.

Could not find a stat on how many times we have sacked him.

Also, our receivers (not just A.J.) always seems to find a way to a make a huge play

Can't wait to see if we can sack him 3, 4, 5, or more times - Joe holds on to the ball to long!

23 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Btw, went to a Ravens board to check out some of their fans thoughts on the game. Surprisingly , about half of them don't sound real overconfident.

I have always found most Ravens fans to be pretty grounded (except when discussing the murderer). They realize the Bills are a dumpster fire and have watched Flacco go 9-7 last year, throw for less than 200 yards per game and have a QB rating of 80.4.     QB  rating the last 3 years, 83.1, 83.5, 80.4.   Flacco caught lighting in a bottle for 4  games in 2012, since then he has been a below average starter. 

Archived