I currently have DirectTV Now which is the streaming not dish service.  I have the cheap package and it does not have NFL Network.  The upgraded package does but it would be $20 more  a month since I am grandfathered at $35 a month.   Never have been a fan of the Roku or FireTv interface with DirectTV Now but the service has always worked very well.

Hulu is $39 a month but it doesn't have NFL Network either.  

FuboTv is a 44.95 a month had has a shitload of sports channels plus the ones Mrs SF2 likes but it doesn't have ANY ESPN channels.  You get 3 Big TEN and 10 BEIN channels with the cheap package plus local NBC, Fox and CBS.  ABC is no problem with the antenna.  No ESPN means no Monday night football.  I plan to use the trial for tonight just for the game.

YoutubeTV looks great and has ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox, ESPNs at $40 a month but again no NFL Network.  Has 2 fucking Major League Baseball channels though.  yay!.  

Playstation Vue pretty much same as DirectTV Now.  $40 package has no NFL Network, $50 does. 

Does anyone know of a cheap alternative that has both ESPN and NFL Network?  Granted $50 a month plus the $64 for internet is still WAY better than the $220 a month for basic cable with Spectrum.

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I currently have DirectTV Now which is the streaming not dish service.  I have the cheap package and it does not have NFL Network.  The upgraded package does but it would be $20 more  a month since I am grandfathered at $35 a month.   Never have been a fan of the Roku or FireTv interface but the service has always worked very well.

Hulu is $39 a month but it doesn't have NFL Network either.  

FuboTv is a 44.95 a month had has a shitload of sports channels plus the ones Mrs SF2 likes but it doesn't have ANY ESPN channels.  You get 3 Big TEN and 10 BEIN channels with the cheap package plus local NBC, Fox and CBS.  ABC is no problem with the antenna.  No ESPN means no Monday night football.  I plan to use the trial for tonight just for the game.

Does anyone know of a cheap alternative that has both ESPN and NFL Network?  Granted $55 a month plus the $64 for internet is WAY better than the $220 a month for basic cable with Spectrum.

I don't have it but looking at slingtv might have them both.

49 minutes ago, SlantNGo said:

I don't think you'll be able to watch it on Game Pass in the U.S. until the game is over: https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/211374508-NFL-Game-Pass

Here's the relevant portion: "Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday night and Saturday games are available following the conclusion of each telecast"

This also could be true, I was going by what I was seeing during the preseason.

9 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I don't have it but looking at slingtv might have them both.

Slinig looks good if I can figure out the whole blue and orange channel thingy.  No local channels with it though  in Cincy besides Fox

1 hour ago, SlantNGo said:

I don't think you'll be able to watch it on Game Pass in the U.S. until the game is over: https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/211374508-NFL-Game-Pass

Here's the relevant portion: "Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday night and Saturday games are available following the conclusion of each telecast"

That's a bummer...

Even worse: 

Free Trial users: Preseason games aired on NFL Network will not be available until 72 hours after the conclusion of the telecast. Thursday night games will be available three days after the game has ended.

3 days? So the NFL is committed to worse service than Ten Yard Torrents? (Unless you want to pay for an unknown service up front)

And am I reading this right that you can't even watch the games live? 

Well, f that. I'll go get my wick waxed tonight and worry about finding a torrent on Friday morning.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

That's a bummer...

Even worse: 

Free Trial users: Preseason games aired on NFL Network will not be available until 72 hours after the conclusion of the telecast. Thursday night games will be available three days after the game has ended.

3 days? So the NFL is committed to worse service than Ten Yard Torrents? (Unless you want to pay for an unknown service up front)

Well, f that. I'll go get my wick waxed tonight and worry about finding a torrent on Friday morning.

Yes you're reading it right.

9 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I know nothing about this stuff and am going to the game but is this of any value to anyone?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/can-joe-flacco-stay-hot-thursday-night-watch-ravens-bengals-yahoo-sports-app-034546395.html

Smells like clickbait - I don't see anything there about how to watch the Bengals-Ravens game, but it's vague enough to show up in search engines.   Both teams are featured in the little 40-second clip so technically we just watched them.  The NFL doesn't own the phrase "Thursday Night"...  You get the idea..

Hey maybe we can drive the search engines here for a few cheap clicks

IT IS NOW THURSDAY NIGHT AND THERE IS A FOOTBALL GAME ON LATER AND THE BENGALS ARE PLAYING THE RAVENS AND I AM NOT WEARING A WATCH THAT I GOT FOR FREE BECAUSE I FOUND IT IN A STREAM

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

That's a bummer...

Even worse: 

See the private section for links... 

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Smells like clickbait - I don't see anything there about how to watch the Bengals-Ravens game, but it's vague enough to show up in search engines.   Both teams are featured in the little 40-second clip so technically we just watched them.  The NFL doesn't own the phrase "Thursday Night"...  You get the idea..

Hey maybe we can drive the search engines here for a few cheap clicks

IT IS NOW THURSDAY NIGHT AND THERE IS A FOOTBALL GAME ON LATER AND THE BENGALS ARE PLAYING THE RAVENS AND I AM NOT WEARING A WATCH THAT I GOT FOR FREE BECAUSE I FOUND IT IN A STREAM

Yahoo App only works for phones and tablets.  No TV.  Links in the Private section for those users using their phones tonight.

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

See the private section for links... 

Yeah, I usually contribute. Problem is that I will be having a nice wholesome girl do some very nice unwholesome things to me tonight... I was willing to pay for Game Pass if it would let me get home at 10:00 and go back to the start of the game.

I'll just wait... We're off tomorrow for the hurricane, so at least I won't have to deal with office conversation about last night's game.

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I will be at work with internet but no TV so I, too, will be exploring alternatives

Walk Street Journal quoted those links for the phone.   Others have too but I've never had to try them yet. 

6 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yeah, I usually contribute. Problem is that I will be having a nice wholesome girl do some very nice unwholesome things to me tonight... I was willing to pay for Game Pass if it would let me get home at 10:00 and go back to the start of the game.

I'll just wait... We're off tomorrow for the hurricane, so at least I won't have to deal with office conversation about last night's game.

Unwholesome acts > Football 

14 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Yahoo App only works for phones and tablets.  No TV.  Links in the Private section for those users using their phones tonight.

I won a brand new iPad yesterday.  Maybe I will try out this Yahoo appy thingy.

Archived