Bengals V Ratbirds Gameday Thread

Thanks Bung.   Here is my contribution today besides the obligatory Who Dey.   A wonderful Four Roses private selection with a Q in the recipe.   My favorite Four Roses product hands down but this particular recipe is a bitch to obtain.   As is the tradition, when I tailgated, a bottle of Kentucky's finest is consumed with the finest fans in the nation.   

IMAG1139~2.jpg

IMAG1138~2.jpg

IMAG1142~2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Thanks Bung.   Here is my contribution today besides the obligatory Who Dey.   A wonderful Four Roses private selection with a Q in the recipe.   My favorite Four Roses product hands down but this particular recipe is a bitch to obtain.   As is the tradition, when I tailgated, a bottle of Kentucky's finest is consumed with the finest fans in the nation.   

IMAG1139~2.jpg

IMAG1138~2.jpg

IMAG1142~2.jpg

Does the "Q" in the recipe stand for something in particular? An ingredient in the mash, perhaps? Quinoa? 

:)

7 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Thanks Bung.   Here is my contribution today besides the obligatory Who Dey.   A wonderful Four Roses private selection with a Q in the recipe.   

What's the "Q" mean?

-bourbon fan that's recently stepped up to a KCSB & Forester OB

Q is the fourth letter of the manufacture, mashbill recipe deciphering that you will not see on the side of the bottle most of the time.   When you do, it probably is a private selection.   Q is the yeast strain. 

The first letter for every recipe is “O”. The “O” indicates that it was produced at the Four Roses Distillery in Lawrenceburg, KY.

Four Roses mash bill is the second letter.

E = The mash bill that is 75% corn, 20% rye, 5% malted barley. B = The mash bill that is 60% corn, 35% rye, 5% malted barley.

The third letter will always be “S”, which designates straight whiskey distillation. That means every recipe will be “O_S_”. The recipes become a lot clearer when you realize there are only two variables in each recipe, the mash bill, and the yeast.

The strand of yeast used in the mash is the fourth letter. Four Roses uses five different strands with their two different mash bills to create 10 unique recipes.

K = Yeast K: Light spice, light caramel and full bodied

Q = Yeast Q: Floral (rose petal), spicy, medium bodied

O = Yeast O: Rich in spiciness, medium bodied

F = Yeast F: Predominantly herbal

V = Yeast V: Delicate fruit, spicy and creamy

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

I'm assuming you mean Knob Creek which is in my repertoire too along with Forester.   

IMAG1143~2.jpg

Yep, both of those.  The Forester is smooth but nothing really stood out much beyond that for me.  Really like the KCSB, I'm a fan of their standard-issue stuff so the SB strikes me as just like that, only more of it.

50 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Since Jason is dealing with potentially really bad weather, I thought I'd go ahead and start this.

Let's kick the shit out of those dirty birds!

Oldschooler usually starts the gameday threads.  So far the weather is cooperating.  It's not supposed to get bad for me for a couple of hours.  Amd our bad will be a lot less than the coast.

As for the game, I'm starting to get a not very good feeling.  I hope I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Yep, both of those.  The Forester is smooth but nothing really stood out much beyond that for me.  Really like the KCSB, I'm a fan of their standard-issue stuff so the SB strikes me as just like that, only more of it.

This particular knob creek is a special bottling for Turnpike Liquors.   The label is incorrect because it sat for twice as long as what the standard label states and it has a hint of cherry.   Being on the bourbon trail has its benefits... 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Oldschooler usually starts the gameday threads.  So far the weather is cooperating.  It's not supposed to get bad for me for a couple of hours.  Amd our bad will be a lot less than the coast.

As for the game, I'm starting to get a not very good feeling.  I hope I'm wrong.

Glad you're with us.   Hopefully my stream doesn't crap out. 

Archived