The screen pass attempts

Ugly

That roughing the passer call

Dre for most of the game

Beautiful:  first half 

Good:  Mixon, Boyd

Bad:  Price hurt, Redmond unable to control his assignment

Ugly:  letting the Raven's back in the game 

Not sure where to put Ross in this list.   On one hand he gave us great field position for the field goal but that was it.  Not sure how long Green can continue to get smothered without a threat on the other side.   Although Boyd certainly looks viable I would have hoped for Ross to be there too. 

1 minute ago, kennethmw said:

I'm Sorry, the Ugliest shit was the horrible officiating!  They scored both of their first half TD's after BullShit pass interference calls that put the ball on the one yard line.  Even Peirrera said they were bad calls.  

Yup, it's pretty bad when both the officiating expert and the announcers are groaning over how bad the call was (both times).

Beautiful:
Dunlap getting his hands on a lot of passes
Pressure drom the D
AJ Green
2-0

Good:
Andy Dalton
Joe Mixon
Fat Randy
Safeties

Bad
End of half defense
Gio trying to run the ball
The screen pass attempts

Ugly
Dre for most of the game

Jackson should be in at least your good. Dre looks bad because they can't throw to the other side. It's Jackson's island now. Lol.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Beautiful:

Dunlap getting his hands on a lot of passes

Pressure drom the D

AJ Green

2-0

Good:

Andy Dalton

Joe Mixon

Fat Randy

Safeties

Bad

End of half defense

Gio trying to run the ball

The screen pass attempts

Ugly

Dre for most of the game

I didnt have chance to watch the game, so can you explain to me why is Mixon in GOOD list when Gio is in bad list while Gio have better rushing average than Mixon.

Good:  Oline, especially considering Price went down

Dalton had a good night

Dline got some nice pressure

Bad:  Injury to Price

Officiating  (PI and that roughing call on Andy)

Ugly: Whoever was calling plays on the last possession of the first half

The dawning realization that the NFL wants to be the NBA with helmets

The Good

AJ Green

Joe Mixon

Andy Dalton

Dline in the 1st half

Oline for the game

Williams (for once)

The Bad

Price's injury, hopefully it's not serious and he doesnt miss much time

The Ugly

This game shouldn't have been as close as it was. I've been unimpressed with Austin as a DC and only moderately like Lazor. These guys needed to keep the foot on the gas not fade away and let the huge lead get closer.

Having had a short night to reflect (couldn't sleep, stayed up to drink in an as much ESPN and NFL network as I could since I couldn't sleep and was anticipating a happy day at work amongst all the Ravens fans...), the following:

1. I absolutely will not kill them for the play selections to end the first half. I have railed for years that Marvin is too conservative there, I will not get mad at him for allowing them to try and put foot on throat. Execute better next time, but keep trying to score. That's how you get ready to win playoff games and other big games, frankly.

2. The Lazor offense is a joy to watch. So creative, not just at scheming guys open, but in protecting Andy and maximizing the effectiveness of the line.

3. Cool to see what Green looks like with help and someone to move him around in various sets. He is uncoverable in man in that scenario, and if they do double cover him, it makes the other weapons that much more effective.

4. Uzomah looks like Eifert's replacement in real time. 

5. Mixon looks like the real deal to me for sure, putting the ball and team on his back in 4th quarter for that last drive to go up eight and then to set up the clinching field goal felt right. 

6. Tyler Boyd is a legit weapon. Once they start sprinkling Ross in more effectively, I see no reason for them to take their foot off the gas at any point.

7. Gotta give Austin credit, that defense does look like it is trying for turnovers at all times. That's a nice change. And, while we are at it, loved the aggressiveness from Austin on the blitz call that resulted in the Williams forced fumble and recovery late in the 4th. Guenther would have had them in a shell. 

8. Big kicks from Bullock again, he has earned my trust. Wish he had a bigger leg, but nice to be able to count on him when they need him.

9. NO sacks allowed by the offensive line. That's quite something, considering what everyone expected and feared heading into the game...

Thrilled with this start to the season. Just huge. It was fun to watch the national narrative shift in real time last night...

Good:

Tyler Boyd: Not sure why so many ignore the tremendous contribution Boyd has had  this year. 91 yards and a TD for your #2 receiver is HUGE.   Only helps AJ.   He is going to have a huge year is he can stay healthy.

Tight Ends:  Combined for 7 recs for 79 yards and blocking by the TEs was exceptional.

Time:  We have 10 days to heal up

Andy: Ball security, didn't take any sacks, Rock solid performance

John Ross:  Best decoy in the league

Fat Randy!!

D line manned up big in the 4th. 

Bad:

Injuries.  

Officiating:  These new rules are shit:  Example:  Geno had the chance to flatten Flacco in the second half but tried to take him down nice and soft so he wouldn't get flagged.  Flacco ends up completing a pass as Geno was trying to cushion his fall. 

Going a bit vanilla in the 3rd Quarter on offense

Ugly:

Not much to say other than Price injury.  I didn't think Dre played that bad by the way.  The TD pass late in the game was a circus catch that he had excellent coverage on.  Yeah, he drops ints but he is a db for a reason. 

Officiating:  These new rules are shit:  Example:  Geno had the chance to flatten Flacco in the second half but tried to take him down nice and soft so he wouldn't get flagged.  Flacco ends up completing a pass as Geno was trying to cushion his fall. 

Preach. If they are not going to allow the defense to hit the qbs hard, they have to be quicker to call in the grasp. Otherwise big qbs like Flacco, Roeth, Luck et al have an extra advantage. 

Gotta give credit to Hopkins for stepping in when Price went down. It wasn't always pretty but he got the job done for the most part.

Hubbard flashed his potential in the first half and it's going to be hard to keep him off the field.

2nd half adjustments were a plus last week but not last night, especially on offense.  Baltimore stopped being overly aggressive on defense and we struggled to play them straight up.  

Archived