The Beautiful, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Ravens at home Edition

1 hour ago, membengal said:

That Dennard cover and stick on the 4th and 2 to stop Baltimore short just past mid-field last night was huge. Dennard has turned into a really good slot corner, a position that his hugely important in today's NFL.

I agree.

Let's get him a contract extension now and avoid the off season drama.

As far as Dre, OK with his play most of the time but I would think more highly of him if he knocked

or the displays and celebrations sometimes for the lamest of reasons.  Shit gets old.

I know the play of the offensive line has been mentioned here, but I don't think you can praise it enough. The Baltimore defensive front line is one of the most feared and effective in the NFL and Cincy's heretofore putrid OL kept them at bay the entire game, not allowing a single sack and giving Andy all the time he needed. The results were beautiful to behold, as Dalton chewed up Raven defenders and Mixon flashed brilliance.

I have to believe new OL coach Frank Pollack, along with new addition Cordy Glenn get most of the credit , because the rest of the personnel is pretty much the same as last year. Even when rookie C Billy Price went out, the line never skipped a beat with Trey Hopkins filling in. To me, that just says excellent coaching, because last year it would have been chaos and confusion in the trenches.

If the OL can continue to play at this high level the Bengals just might win a playoff game this year.

7 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

I know the play of the offensive line has been mentioned here, but I don't think you can praise it enough. The Baltimore defensive front line is one of the most feared and effective in the NFL and Cincy's heretofore putrid OL kept them at bay the entire game, not allowing a single sack and giving Andy all the time he needed. The results were beautiful to behold, as Dalton chewed up Raven defenders and Mixon flashed brilliance.

I have to believe new OL coach Frank Pollack, along with new addition Cordy Glenn get most of the credit , because the rest of the personnel is pretty much the same as last year. Even when rookie C Billy Price went out, the line never skipped a beat with Trey Hopkins filling in. To me, that just says excellent coaching, because last year it would have been chaos and confusion in the trenches.

If the OL can continue to play at this high level the Bengals just might win a playoff game this year.

Definitely! I think the Pollack factor was huge! He seems very fiery , just like Zimmer was!

2 hours ago, schotzee said:

Definitely! I think the Pollack factor was huge! He seems very fiery , just like Zimmer was!

Early returns for the oline are positive and Pollack seems to be the real deal.  Hart played much better Thursday night and Hopkins got the job done once Price went down.  Consistency is going to be a challenge and we need some luck with health.  Thankfully Price appears to have avoided major injury.  I believe in Pollack being able to coach up the guys we have and we will continue to add talent in the coming years for him to develop.  At the very least I think we are trending in the right direction.

20 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

I hope someone will make a seperate thread and add this info and more for out of state fans.

The info is in the private forum for the obvious reasons.  It takes a regular member with enough postings to access    Should anyone need a link for a game they should look there first and if not found then post a request. 

Archived