Injury updates

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Get the feeling that this is one of those "maybe in two weeks...maybe four weeks...maybe after the bye week" sort of progression? 

Gives me a case of the willies thinking we will be hearing about a lingering or nagging injury for some time to come.

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Gives me a case of the willies thinking we will be hearing about a lingering or nagging injury for some time to come.

That worries me, too, especially with our crack medical staff. (Or as I call the, our medical staff on crack.)

2 hours ago, schotzee said:

Bobby Hart not practicing today. Idk what the issue is though. Mixon and Price only others not practicing.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/20/17882804/bobby-hart-not-working-bengals-thursday-practice

Could this pave the way for Jake Fisher or Cedric Ogbuehi to start against the Panthers?

By Jason Marcum@marcum89  Sep 20, 2018, 12:02pm EDT

usa_today_11229149.0.jpgMark Konezny-USA TODAY Sports

It may only be Week 3, but the Bengals are starting to get hit hard on the injury front.

After losing Billy Price and Joe Mixon for at least a few games, the Bengals may now have an issue at right tackle, as Bobby Hart was unable to get in a full practice on Thursday.

Hart wasn’t even listed on the injury report on Wednesday, so whatever he’s dealing with is a new issue. He may have something minor that the team is being cautious with, but if it’s something that could sideline him Sunday, it’s going to be interesting to see how the Bengals handle the right tackle spot. 

Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher both got chances to compete for that spot, though Fisher is now the backup left tackle, while Ogbuehi has been inactive for the first two games. That likely indicates that Fisher is the first man up at left or right tackle, so he figures to have the slight edge for it if Hart is out.

Frankly, Hart needs to be benched as it is. He’s arguably the NFL’s worst starting offensive lineman through two weeks, and it’s hard to see Fisher being any worse. 

39 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/20/17882804/bobby-hart-not-working-bengals-thursday-practice

Could this pave the way for Jake Fisher or Cedric Ogbuehi to start against the Panthers?

By Jason Marcum@marcum89  Sep 20, 2018, 12:02pm EDT

usa_today_11229149.0.jpgMark Konezny-USA TODAY Sports

It may only be Week 3, but the Bengals are starting to get hit hard on the injury front.

After losing Billy Price and Joe Mixon for at least a few games, the Bengals may now have an issue at right tackle, as Bobby Hart was unable to get in a full practice on Thursday.

Hart wasn’t even listed on the injury report on Wednesday, so whatever he’s dealing with is a new issue. He may have something minor that the team is being cautious with, but if it’s something that could sideline him Sunday, it’s going to be interesting to see how the Bengals handle the right tackle spot. 

Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher both got chances to compete for that spot, though Fisher is now the backup left tackle, while Ogbuehi has been inactive for the first two games. That likely indicates that Fisher is the first man up at left or right tackle, so he figures to have the slight edge for it if Hart is out.

Frankly, Hart needs to be benched as it is. He’s arguably the NFL’s worst starting offensive lineman through two weeks, and it’s hard to see Fisher being any worse. 

Thanks for posting this. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

He played significantly better game 2.   You obviously have a short memory if you think Fisher or Cedric might be better.   They were getting owned in the preseason by guys who are currently either on practice squads, just got signed by the Montreal Alouettes or are working the Sunglass Hut kiosk at the mall. 

Price being out at least a couple weeks is a blow to the offense.  The right side of the oline still has me worried even though they played better last week.  Now we have to hope Hopkins can also hold up.  It definitely has me nervous going against Carolina's front seven.  

The only positive development is that neither Price nor Mixon suffered season ending injuries.  If one or both can make it back in 2-4 games I will be very happy.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

He played significantly better game 2.   You obviously have a short memory if you think Fisher or Cedric might be better.   They were getting owned in the preseason by guys who are currently either on practice squads, just got signed by the Montreal Alouettes or are working the Sunglass Hut kiosk at the mall. 

Yet we kept both of them as backups, and only made it to Week 3 before possibly starting one of them.  

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Don't shoot the messenger.  I just copied and pasted and bolded the last sentence.

12 minutes ago, schotzee said:

So I'm reading that Hart's issue for not practicing was an illness not an injury. Sounds like he may be good to go.

I saw that, too, and was just about to post it.

I guess the reporter above cried wolf.

Didn't Hart shut out Suggs?  That ain't  bad at all.

image.thumb.png.d2539ff8ad05d3f48758509d5934a6fb.png

As for the Panthers, they’ll be without starting guard Trai Turner due to a concussion. It’s a big loss for an offensive line that’s arguably one of the worst in football right now due to an onslaught of injuries it’s sustained.

Also out for the Panthers are strong safety Da’Norris Searcy (concussion), tight end Greg Olsen(foot) and wide receiver Curtis Samuel (medical issue). Rookie cornerback Donte Jackson(groin) and wide receiver Damiere Byrd (knee) are listed as questionable. 

Jackson is a starter, so not having him against A.J. Green, John Ross and Tyler Boyd would be good news for the Bengals, who probably are going to have to win this game through the air if they’re to win in Carolina.

On 9/20/2018 at 5:15 PM, SF2 said:

My extensive research is indicating to me that in the absence of Hart, we're better off starting nobody at RT at all over Ogbuehi or Fisher, or, in a pinch, putting a uniform on a tackling dummy and sending it in there.

Additional Moves: Tra Carson cleared waivers on Thursday and was placed on Injured Reserve. Carson, who suffered a hamstring injury on Monday, was placed on waivers after the team signed Thomas Rawls.

Stepping it up: In the meantime, Mixon ran on a zero-gravity treadmill and optimistically said that he feels great. “Doing some striders and getting in a little conditioning.”

3) It’s just a bug. Starting right tackle Bobby Hart sat during practice on Thursday due to an “illness”. Backups Jake Fisher and Cedric Ogbuehi filled in. Jason Marcum argues that Hartneeds to be benched” anyway. PFF analysis agrees — he’s the lowest graded offensive player in Cincinnati and ranked 92nd out of 94th among all offensive tackles in the NFL. 

Not working on Thursday: Hart was joined by Mixon (knee) and Billy Price (foot) on the “did not participate list”. Michael Johnson (knee) remained limited, as was Preston Brown (ankle).

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The Bobby Hart controversy continues.  Stopping Suggs and no sacks on Andy vs Baltimore is an accomplishment.  I dunno... if not Hart, who?  Hart>Fisher>Ogbuhei.  Who is responsible for Luke Kulchey (sp)?

On 9/20/2018 at 5:15 PM, SF2 said:

Did I imagine it or were Hart's problems in the first game related to being unable to hear the snap count?

Archived