Injury updates

Well, hopefully Ross plays. In the absence of a really good TE, we need Ross to command attention out there to un-bracket coverage on Green and open up routes underneath for Boyd. Like it or not, we NEED Ross in the passing game. The ONE TIME someone doesn't keep an eye on him, Dalton will find him for a TD. They run Ross on deep routes practically all the time.

38 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

How did Ogbuehi hurt his wrist?  He wasn't on the list for Wednesday.  Get too excited endorsing a game check?

LOL.

:boring: Probably some of this going on too. With lubricated "Mike Brown" dollar bills, redeemable (natch!) at any Bengals-sponsored store that sells Gatorade.

14 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Terrible news (sez Cap'n Harry Obvious).

Not having Will Jackson 100% for Jar Jar Binks Shrimper and Ottoman Brown is not good at all.

Without Crystal Lite Ross, who are we going to have to run real fast and not catch the ball?

And only two running backs.

I am wondering if they are setting up some sort of hocus pocus phantom nagging injury to get Ogbuhei to IR to get him off the roster and create room for another player.  ex-Giants Flowers is intriguing to me as a candidate for redeeming and can't be any worse than Hart.  I'm still big on the idea of they are only keeping him so they can cut him at the end of the season and get one of their beloved comp picks when someone picks him up and makes him an all pro.

We'll have to wait and see.

Stay tuned, wrestling fans.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Terrible news (sez Cap'n Harry Obvious).

Not having Will Jackson 100% for Jar Jar Binks Shrimper and Ottoman Brown is not good at all.

Without Crystal Lite Ross, who are we going to have to run real fast and not catch the ball?

And only two running backs.

I am wondering if they are setting up some sort of hocus pocus phantom nagging injury to get Ogbuhei to IR to get him off the roster and create room for another player.  ex-Giants Flowers is intriguing to me as a candidate for redeeming and can't be any worse than Hart.  I'm still big on the idea of they are only keeping him so they can cut him at the end of the season and get one of their beloved comp picks when someone picks him up and makes him an all pro.

We'll have to wait and see.

Stay tuned, wrestling fans.

Looks like Jax is going to do the Flowers redeeming.

12 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Jar Jar Binks Shrimper

Just wanted to point out that this is an excellent nickname for Ju-Bear. 

You know Harry, just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this...AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

3 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Just wanted to point out that this is an excellent nickname for Ju-Bear. 

You know Harry, just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this...AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Jar-Jar Shit-Sucker?

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I hope they have the sense to not let WJ3 fuck himself up worse trying to play on a bad knee.  As much as they need him for this game they're going to need him a lot more 2 months from now. 

I am wondering if the injury was just smoke?

Probably not.  Marvin isn't that smart.

But if he is ouchy, its nasty and rainy before the game even starts and I agree and

would not want to see him screw it up even worse.

DpvEjIOX4AAPZc0.jpg:large

The beat goes on. Word is Vigil is gone for a month with an MCL sprain (which, PS, was the result of an illegal block). Shawn Williams with a concussion which doesn't look good. Double D didn't practice and Kroft will obviously be a no go. I highly doubt that Gio or Price will be active either. If there's any good news, it appears Ross will be back.

A positive update on the Bengals’ first-round pick. 

By Jason Marcum@marcum89  Updated Oct 17, 2018, 3:46pm EDT

1024134942.jpg.0.jpgPhoto by Brett Carlsen/Getty Images

UPDATE

Per Bengals.com’s Geoff Hobson, it looks like Billy Price may return against the New Orleans Saints in Week 10. 

The Bengals are still waiting to get their first-round pick back from injury, a common theme in recent years.

Thankfully, the foot injury that Billy Price suffered in Week 2 isn’t expected to cost him most of his rookie season like we saw with William Jackson, Cedric Ogbuehi and John Ross in recent years. 

Price, who is battling a foot injury, had good news on his progress during an open locker room session with the media on Wednesday.

Seeing Price out of the walking boot is a great sign for his recovery. Perhaps he’ll even start working on the rehab field this week, though it sounds like there’s no chance he plays Sunday against the Chiefs.

In Price’s absence, Trey Hopkins has been a serviceable center, so much that you have to wonder if Price or Hopkins may move to the starting right guard spot when the former returns. Alex Redmond continues to be a disaster there, and Price did play guard at a high level at Ohio State before moving to center. 

Whatever happens, the Bengals need Price back soon, but it sounds like they’ll play it safe and ensure he’s as close to 100 percent as possible whenever he plays again. 

For now, my guess is the Bengals keep Price on ice for the next two games against the Chiefs and Buccaneers, then get him back after their Week 9 bye. They’ll definitely need him after the break for a three-game stretch against the Saints, Ravens and Browns, all of whom have great defensive lines.

2 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

The beat goes on. Word is Vigil is gone for a month with an MCL sprain (which, PS, was the result of an illegal block). Shawn Williams with a concussion which doesn't look good. Double D didn't practice and Kroft will obviously be a no go. I highly doubt that Gio or Price will be active either. If there's any good news, it appears Ross will be back.

We need the fucking bye week like whoa.

13 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Oh, how I long for the good old days of last century when a player wasn't put on IR unless an arm or leg almost snapped off.

17 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I was at the game, and I contend that Dunlap's personal foul penalty for "excessive dancing" in between plays and during media timeouts resulted in the injury to his buttock. And what a fine buttock it is. 

Dumber Work Out GIF - Dumber WorkOut Stare GIFs

Why Bung I never would've guessed.

:gayflag:

Archived