Injury updates

15 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Lewis is gone if we miss the playoffs again IMHO.  I think he was set up for failure when Whit and Zeitler were allowed to walk and he never wanted John Ross at #9.  I think he steps down.  The front office has failed to give him the players to do much more than secure a wildcard spot.  

We are about to find out how Dalton plays without his blanket (AJ Green).   Currently, Dalton is 26th in QB rating, 20th in yards per game, 27th in completion rate.  This isn’t anything new, he has been a high teens low 20s QB for the last 3 years.  Why you and others think it is dumb to want a better QB in what has become a pass first league is perplexing.  Dalton is the worst QB a team can have, he is an almost QB. He doesn’t suck and he almost gets you there but he can’t put the team on its back and win you big games in most cases.

I think it's clear that Lewis is not happy with the personnel. 4 people with voices on who we should ultimately draft is probably not a good recipe for drafting success anymore. Perhaps leave it soley to Duke Tobin.

4 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I think it's clear that Lewis is not happy with the personnel. 4 people with voices on who we should ultimately draft is probably not a good recipe for drafting success anymore. Perhaps leave it soley to Duke Tobin.

Clappy resigning or retiring is the only way I see him leaving the Bengals short of some secret life illegal shit coming to light like he's found to be importing rhino tusks & baby sea turtles.

44 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

The thing with losing Mediocre Marv you know darned well Clueless Hue will be here pronto.

Draft a quarterback round 3, maybe 2 if an elite one slides and let him learn while Andy plays out his contract.

A. That would suck

B. I agree Dalton plays out his contract but signing him to what would be a huge extension would Flacco the team. Gonna need that QB soon.  Your strategy is sound.  Even if the new guy is about as good as Andy, club has rookie contract to pay.

And yes, Marvin stepping down is how this plays out. Mike Brown don’t care about Rhino horns or baby sea turtles, they taste like chicken.

4 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Per league sources. Marvin suited up for the Bengals defense at middle linebacker in practice today. Interesting way to coach.

Only way I'd be interested now is if Mikey took over at QB...   Could be a few whiffs on the offensive line... 

40 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Only way I'd be interested now is if Mikey took over at QB...   Could be a few whiffs on the offensive line... 

Mike Brown ran for 10 touchdowns for the 1956 Dartmouth Big Green to lead the Ivy League in rushing TDs. He had 56 attempts for 24 yards for a whopping 0.4 YPC. Kid is a machine.

oe Mixon (knee) was limited at Thursday's practice.

He was not listed on Wednesday's injury report. Mixon may have aggravated a knee injury he suffered earlier this year. It's too early to speculate on his status for Sunday's game in Baltimore, though late-week additions to the injury report are never a good sign.

Its getting comical.  

10 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

oe Mixon (knee) was limited at Thursday's practice.

He was not listed on Wednesday's injury report. Mixon may have aggravated a knee injury he suffered earlier this year. It's too early to speculate on his status for Sunday's game in Baltimore, though late-week additions to the injury report are never a good sign.

Its getting comical.  

Still wondering how a team comes out of their bye week in worse shape than before it

DsENU0vW4AEr_rS.jpg

Speaking of injuries and not sure where else to put this but something is up with Flacco.  Besides sucking.  The Starlings are practicing RGIII and the hot rat rookie quarterback.  If either of them start, esp. the rookie (Jackson), they/he will not throw a pass and do nothing but run around the end for 12 yards at a time.

Yeah, exaggeration for effect, but I can see him pulling it down and running when there is any doubt about a completion.

Could be real fugly real fast.

9 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Great point, but I am too infuriated by this to give it a like.

Yeah, not much to like about that.  Sure seems like minor injuries end up dragging out for weeks far more often than we see a player coming back ahead of schedule. 

To me, this game is the season. If the Bengals drop this one, I see very little chance of making the playoffs. They need all those guys who are limited to play, specifically Mixon.

The plethora of injuries is killing this team. Getting Dennard back is bigger than most realize. Darius Phillips and Clayton Fejedlem got eaten alive playing slot. As much as he makes me nuts, we need Flagpatrick to play too.

My other big concern is at LB. I'm not a huge fan of Brown or Vigil but having Hardy Nickerson playing a full game is troubling at best. I'm wondering if there's a possibility they move Chubs Burfict to MLB this week and play Rey and Evans at SLB/WLB. Also, I'm wondering if there's any merit to using Jordan Evans to spy RGIII/Jackson. He sucks a bag of dicks at coverage so, if he's on the field you might as well have him do something useful. Odd thing with him is he was supposed to be one of the best coverage LBs in his draft class.

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

To me, this game is the season. If the Bengals drop this one, I see very little chance of making the playoffs. They need all those guys who are limited to play, specifically Mixon.

The plethora of injuries is killing this team. Getting Dennard back is bigger than most realize. Darius Phillips and Clayton Fejedlem got eaten alive playing slot. As much as he makes me nuts, we need Flagpatrick to play too.

My other big concern is at LB. I'm not a huge fan of Brown or Vigil but having Hardy Nickerson playing a full game is troubling at best. I'm wondering if there's a possibility they move Chubs Burfict to MLB this week and play Rey and Evans at SLB/WLB. Also, I'm wondering if there's any merit to using Jordan Evans to spy RGIII/Jackson. He sucks a bag of dicks at coverage so, if he's on the field you might as well have him do something useful. Odd thing with him is he was supposed to be one of the best coverage LBs in his draft class.

Let's hope that the Bengals come out this Sunday pissed off and open a can of whoop ass on the Ravens. 

Archived