Injury updates

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Agreed

Fuck all that noise though.   No way should any team should concede games no matter how bad they look on paper.  Telling players they're going to sit because they'd lose anyway would trash whatever credibility Clappy may still have with that locker room.  

Meh, the medical staff and player makes that call.  If they are available, Marvin will play them.  If we don’t make the playoffs again the Marvin and Andy era will likely end. There is zero dead cap with Dalton next year and guys like Dennard and Green can be moved as well.  It would be time for a new coach and rebuild..

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Meh, the medical staff and player makes that call.  If they are available, Marvin will play them.  If we don’t make the playoffs again the Marvin and Andy era will likely end. There is zero dead cap with Dalton next year and guys like Dennard and Green can be moved as well.  It would be time for a new coach and rebuild..

Yeesh, what is going on in here?  Cut Dalton, trade Green, fire everyone, worst birthday a boy could have!

:20:

1d3.gif

I mean I don't think this is a SB team but we're 5-3 ffs.  Remain calm.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeesh, what is going on in here?  Cut Dalton, trade Green, fire everyone, worst birthday a boy could have!

:20:

1d3.gif

I mean I don't think this is a SB team but we're 5-3 ffs.  Remain calm.

Time for Jeff "Way better than Dalton" Driskel to take over? Or do we see another elite prospect like Akili Smith in next year's draft?

My point was 16 year head coach Marvin Lewis can't go 3 years in a row without a playoff birth. No way is he gonna toss away a home game regardless of the opponent.

At some point even Mike and Katie know its time to end if we miss the playoffs again.  They certainly won't get rid of Dalton before they have a new guy because Dalton isn't Blake Bortles and is relatively cheap.   The reality is the Best teams in the NFL have a few things in common:  They have either future HOF QBs or young guys like Mahomes, Trubisky of Goff taking the league by storm.  Dalton does not belong to either category.  Look at the teams leading their divisions and it is obvious how important QB play is.  Other than Washington who, in my opinion has an older version or Andy Dalton (Alex Smith),  the rest of the teams (add in Newton in Carolina) have better QBs than we do.

At the end of the day, Dalton is just Alex Smith.  Somebody will give us a king's ransom for him and that team will maybe get a wildcard birth but that is where the train stops.  Dalton is currently 20th in passer rating compared to Alex Smith at 23.  There is nothing new about this reality. 

I certainly won't blame Dalton if we lose against New Orleans.  Top team, healthy, plenty of weapons against team wiped out at linebacker and plagued with a poor secondary.  We are facing Drew Brees with the worst pass defense in the league.  That isn't on Dalton. 

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

My point was 16 year head coach Marvin Lewis can't go 3 years in a row without a playoff birth. No way is he gonna toss away a home game regardless of the opponent.

At some point even Mike and Katie know its time to end if we miss the playoffs again.  They certainly won't get rid of Dalton before they have a new guy because Dalton isn't Blake Bortles and is relatively cheap.   The reality is the Best teams in the NFL have a few things in common:  They have either future HOF QBs or young guys like Mahomes, Trubisky of Goff taking the league by storm.  Dalton does not belong to either category.  Look at the teams leading their divisions and it is obvious how important QB play is.  Other than Washington who, in my opinion has an older version or Andy Dalton (Alex Smith),  the rest of the teams (add in Newton in Carolina) have better QBs than we do.

At the end of the day, Dalton is just Alex Smith.  Somebody will give us a king's ransom for him and that team will maybe get a wildcard birth but that is where the train stops.  Dalton is currently 20th in passer rating compared to Alex Smith at 23.  There is nothing new about this reality. 

Statistically Dalton is a hell of a lot better than Alex Smith, that's just crazy talk.  I understand that a lot of ppl don't care for him personally but that doesn't make him a bad QB.  By any objective measure he is top 10 regardless of whoever the ESPNFL declares the flavor of the month.  Plus I'm pretty sure he's never raped anyone & that's something that too often gets overlooked in their rankings.

That being said I have no reason to believe Clappy leaves the Bengals unless and until he decides to on his own.  They've had every reasonable opportunity to fire him and haven't done so; to make that decision now after saddling him with Alexander's All-Ketchup OL doesn't make sense.

15 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Statistically Dalton is a hell of a lot better than Alex Smith, that's just crazy talk.  I understand that a lot of ppl don't care for him personally but that doesn't make him a bad QB.  By any objective measure he is top 10 regardless of whoever the ESPNFL declares the flavor of the month.  Plus I'm pretty sure he's never raped anyone & that's something that too often gets overlooked in their rankings.

That being said I have no reason to believe Clappy leaves the Bengals unless and until he decides to on his own.  They've had every reasonable opportunity to fire him and haven't done so; to make that decision now after saddling him with Alexander's All-Ketchup OL doesn't make sense.

No, not really.  Statistically they are almost the same QB, particularly in the last 5 years.  And no, he is not a top 10 QB, not even close.  

Brady

Rodgers

Brees

Big Jen

Wentz

R. Wilson

Ryan

Newton

Luck

Rivers

Mahomes

Goff

Stafford

Watson

Cousins

Prescott?

Trubisky?

Garappolo?

Dalton

Smith

Flacco

7 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Yes! Team Eeyore is alive and well.

No, team commons sense is alive and well.  The defense was supposed to be the side of the ball we could count on but it has turned to utter shit.  Dalton can NOT win us games with half of his key weapons out.  We can't win shootouts and running Mixon sounds great until the opposing d coordinator realizes Green, Eifert and Gio are on the bench.  They won't let Mixon run. 

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No, not really.  Statistically they are almost the same QB, particularly in the last 5 years.  And no, he is not a top 10 QB, not even close.  

Brady

Rodgers

Brees

Big Jen

Wentz

R. Wilson

Ryan

Newton

Luck

Rivers

Mahomes

Goff

Stafford

Watson

Cousins

Prescott?

Trubisky?

Garappolo?

Dalton

Smith

Flacco

Is this a list of all the recent QBs you could think of at the moment?  Not bad, not bad.  You could be a PFF analyst. 

33 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Always!  To put it another way, this team is plenty capable of disappointing us without resorting to writing off games before they've been played.

They are crafty at disappointing. They won't let you totally give up on them. They'll probably beat the saints and pump everybody up before they drop the hammer.

41 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No, team commons sense is alive and well.  The defense was supposed to be the side of the ball we could count on but it has turned to utter shit.  Dalton can NOT win us games with half of his key weapons out.  We can't win shootouts and running Mixon sounds great until the opposing d coordinator realizes Green, Eifert and Gio are on the bench.  They won't let Mixon run. 

You don't have a personal pronoun interest from the Bengal side in this one, wot? 

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Fuck all that noise though.   No way any team should concede games no matter how bad they look on paper.  Telling players they're going to sit because they'd lose anyway would trash whatever credibility Clappy may still have with that locker room.  

No, you don't say it out loud, but if a return is questionable it should be a factor.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Is this a list of all the recent QBs you could think of at the moment?  Not bad, not bad.  You could be a PFF analyst. 

So you do think Dalton is better than most of these guys or not?  You snarky remark is nothing more than deflection.  You can't defend Dalton so you attack the messenger.  Tell us all the 9 QBs Dalton is better than on that list so he makes it (barely) into the top 10.  This should be fun.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

You don't have a personal pronoun interest from the Bengal side in this one, wot? 

Pure deflection.  Debate the argument, admit defeat or just don't respond.  This nothing to do with the Saints, it has to do with the defense being terrible this year and the offense being too banged up to carry the team any further.  Losing Green for a few games will be the straw that breaks the camels back just like in 2014.

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Pure deflection.  Debate the argument or admit defeat.

Dude you claimed Alex Smith=Dalton and now you want to be taken seriously?  

"Taylor Swift is a lizard alien!  WHY WON'T YOU DEBATE ME WITH FACTS?! I WIN!"

GTFO with this nonsense, c'mon now.

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

So you do think Dalton is better than most of these guys or not?  You snarky remark is nothing more than deflection.  You can't defend Dalton so you attack the messenger.  Tell us all the 9 QBs Dalton is better than on that list so he makes it (barely) into the top 10.  This should be fun.

Dalton is a solid B quarterback.  If the team around him is strong he is plenty good enough to win.  Do I need to list the average or worse quarterbacks that have won Super Bowls? 

Getting rid of a decent quarterback is almost always a disaster unless the team has a big time QB waiting in the wings.  In other words, it could be back to the 90s.

Just now, T-Dub said:

Dude you claimed Alex Smith=Dalton and now you want to be taken seriously?  

"Taylor Swift is a lizard alien!  WHY WON'T YOU DEBATE ME WITH FACTS?! I WIN!"

GTFO with this nonsense, c'mon now.

Explain to us why Andy Dalton is so much better than Alex Smith.  Do you really think the Redskins would swap Smith for Dalton?  Explain WHY.  Use the last 5 years, not Smith's early numbers before the new coverage rules went into effect. 

12 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Explain to us why Andy Dalton is so much better than Alex Smith.  Do you really think the Redskins would swap Smith for Dalton?  Explain WHY.  Use the last 5 years, not Smith's early numbers before the new coverage rules went into effect. 

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"

This isn't your little classroom where you get to assign homework.  You made the claim with zero-nada-nothing to back it up.  It's just a list of names you pulled out of your ass.  And I'm supposed to put forth the effort to debate.. What exactly? 

So, y'know, sit & spin.  Also unless you've got a mouse in your pocket you can refrain from the "explain to us" stuff.  You've been watching too much Matlock or something guy, this isn't your courtroom either.  If it pleases the jury I'm going to rest on the evidence. According to bird law it's obvious. Filibuster. 

...JFC man the bye week makes this place kooky af..  Like what is going on in here today?  Was there some kind of gas leak?

:HappyRage-min:

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Dalton is a solid B quarterback.  If the team around him is strong he is plenty good enough to win.  Do I need to list the average or worse quarterbacks that have won Super Bowls? 

Getting rid of a decent quarterback is almost always a disaster unless the team has a big time QB waiting in the wings.  In other words, it could be back to the 90s.

Average QBs don't win without great defenses.  The Eagles had the 4th ranked defense last year.  The last time we had a good defense AJ McCarron almost won us a playoff game.  Our defense sucks this year,..period,  In 2016 who had the #1 defense in points allowed?  The  Superbowl Champion NE Patriots.  In fact, in last 15 years the Patriots have had a top 10 defense in 13 of 15 years.  Nobody every talks about it because Brady is so good. 

Archived