Injury updates

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"

This isn't your little classroom where you get to assign homework.  You made the claim with zero-nada-nothing to back it up.  It's just a list of names you pulled out of your ass.  And I'm supposed to put forth the effort to debate.. What exactly? 

So, y'know, sit & spin.  Also unless you've got a mouse in your pocket you can refrain from the "explain to us" stuff.  You've been watching too much Matlock or something guy, this isn't your courtroom either.  I'm going to rest on the evidence.

...JFC man the bye week makes this place kooky af..  Like what is going on in here today?  Was there some kind of gas leak?

:HappyRage-min:

LOL, total deflection.  I gave names based on their statistics.  You can't prove it wrong so you deflect.  Andy Dalton is middle of the road, you are the one who ASSERTED he was a top 10 QB.  That is utterly asinine.  You ASSERTED dude, you just destroyed your own assertion with your snarky little quote.  Hilarious. 

Just now, SF2 said:

LOL, total deflection.  I gave names based on their statistics.  You can't prove it wrong so you deflect.  Andy Dalton is middle of the road, you are the one who ASSERTED he was a top 10 QB.  That is utterly asinine.  You ASSERTED dude, you just destroyed your own assertion with your snarky little quote.  Hilarious. 

Yes your flawless logic has destroyed everyone.  You win.  Case dismissed.

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Average QBs don't win without great defenses.  The Eagles had the 4th ranked defense last year.  The last time we had a good defense AJ McCarron almost won us a playoff game.  Our defense sucks this year,..period,  In 2016 who had the #1 defense in points allowed?  The  Superbowl Champion NE Patriots.  In fact, in last 15 years the Patriots have had a top 10 defense in 13 of 15 years.  Nobody every talks about it because Brady is so good. 

How does that support getting rid of a decent QB?  The Bengals defense sucks, so let Andy Dalton go?

Yes, it takes a good defense to win a Super Bowl.  So, get to work building a good defense and not drafting a new QB every year ala Cleveland.  If one drops in your lap, that's a different story. 

Just now, UncleEarl said:

How does that support getting rid of a decent QB?  The Bengals defense sucks, so let Andy Dalton go?

Yes, it takes a good defense to win a Super Bowl.  So, get to work building a good defense and not drafting a new QB every year ala Cleveland.  If one drops in your lap, that's a different story. 

We had a pretty good defense before Austin took over, IIRC.  Seems like a long time ago now.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Yes your flawless logic has destroyed everyone.  You win.  Case dismissed.

You ASSERTED Dalton was a top 10 QB, NOT ME!   NOBODY in any NFL program would pick him in the top 10 if they reshuffled all the QBs for one season and picked.  Its cute that you think so fondly of him but I would rather win.

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Its time to move on.  Maybe swap Stafford for Dalton since neither can win big games.   Using Cleveland as an example of what WILL happen is laughable.  That isn't what has happened with KC, Rams, Eagles, Bears, Texans, or Panthers. 

Just now, SF2 said:

Its time to move on.  Maybe swap Stafford for Dalton since neither can win big games. 

Have you been the guy pulling the strings behind the Browns organization? 

Why make your team worse (most likely) by getting rid of a decent QB?  Teams go in the cellar for years doing that.  Again, if a good QB falls in your lap it's a different story. 

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

While were all gleefully throwing gas on a tire fire, here's this:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-starting-nfl-quarterbacks-after-week-9

So?  A 9 week sample is nothing.  You would rather have Dalton over Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan,Russell Wilson, Watson or Cam Newton?  IF you say yes to all then fine, if that is how you feel then there is nothing left to discuss. 

Just now, LostInDaJungle said:

Stafford can't even win small games. 

Stafford plays for the second worst organization in sports next to the Browns.  If you want to remove him from the list then give me 8 more who are worse than Dalton. 

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Have you been the guy pulling the strings behind the Browns organization? 

Why make your team worse (most likely) by getting rid of a decent QB?  Teams go in the cellar for years doing that.  Again, if a good QB falls in your lap it's a different story. 

Yeah, it is killing KC this year. And the Rams had no business getting rid of Case Keenum and Foles.  If being average is your bar, then fine,..I get it. 

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

While were all gleefully throwing gas on a tire fire, here's this:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-starting-nfl-quarterbacks-after-week-9

FAKE NEWS!

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Stafford plays for the second worst organization in sports next to the Browns.  If you want to remove him from the list then give me 8 more who are worse than Dalton. 

What the hell? How did the Lions take the number 2 spot away from us!!! Mike Brown has worked HARD to earn that spot. I hope he doesn't read this - we're fresh out of Pro-Bowl LT's to let walk.

I-Am-Tired-Of-Popcorn-Just-Brought-Some-Candy-Funny-Michael-Jackson-Meme-Image.jpg

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

So?  A 9 week sample is nothing.  You would rather have Dalton over Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan,Russell Wilson, Watson or Cam Newton?  Fine, if that is how you feel then there is nothing left to discuss. 

You were supposed to give me shit for posting a PFF list but if we're not going to judge active QBs by their performance over the current season well.. IDK.. 

Is Andy Dalton better than Fran Tarkenton? 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, it is killing KC this year. And the Rams had no business getting rid of Case Keenum and Foles.  If being average is your bar, then fine,..I get it. 

Thank you for helping me to make my point.  KC had Mahomes for a year and knew what they had.  If the Bengals get a QB that they realize is big time, sure.  The Rams drafted Goff #1 for crying out loud.  If the Bengals get the #1 pick and a stud QB is available, sure let Dalton go. 

You are suggesting letting Dalton go with no one to replace him.  Not even close to the two scenarios you described.

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

FAKE NEWS!

What the hell? How did the Lions take the number 2 spot away from us!!! Mike Brown has worked HARD to earn that spot. I hope he doesn't read this - we're fresh out of Pro-Bowl LT's to let walk.

I-Am-Tired-Of-Popcorn-Just-Brought-Some-Candy-Funny-Michael-Jackson-Meme-Image.jpg

The Lions are garbage along with the Browns.  The Bucs are worse than us over the last 15 years easy as are the Titans. 

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You were supposed to give me shit for posting a PFF list but if we're not going to judge active QBs by their performance over the current season well.. IDK.. 

Is Andy Dalton better than Fran Tarkenton? 

Whatever.  You are a GM, you get pick a QB for the upcoming season.  Is Dalton in your top 10?  Easy question.  By the way, you obviously think Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Dalton as well.  Your a genius. 

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

You can go all the way back to 2011 - Mahomes was the better QB for ALL of those years. Same for Trubisky, Garoppolo....

Number don't lie. Mahomes threw 0 interceptions in 2011 and was never sacked. 

Boom. Roasted. I win.

See the source image

7 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

You can go all the way back to 2011 - Mahomes was the better QB for ALL of those years. Same for Trubisky, Garoppolo....

Number don't lie. Mahomes threw 0 interceptions in 2011 and was never sacked. 

Boom. Roasted. I win.

See the source image

No, you are just proving you are a child.  You are Dalton fan, I get it. That is all you have to say.  Dalton is a fine starting QB for the Bengals.  As long as we have a top 5 defense we might win a playoff game.  The Trent Green of the 2000 and teens.  He and Smith can open up a restaurant: Almost Burger.

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Whatever.  You are a GM, you get pick a QB for the upcoming season.  Is Dalton in your top 10? 

Not top 5, but yeah.  Although I'd lean towards a more mobile QB given our OL, so someone like Wilson or Newton who are actually statistically behind Dalton (per NFL.com rankings) for the season might still be a better choice given the circumstances. 

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No, you are just proving you are a child.  You are Dalton fan, I get it. That is all you have to say.  Dalton is a fine starting QB for the Bengals.  As long as we have a top 5 defense we might win a playoff game.  The Trent Green of the 2000 and teens.  He and Smith can open up a restaurant: Almost Burger.

Attack me all you want - You ranked Mahones and a few other rookies ahead of Dalton based on the exact same sample size you then declared an inadequate metric for determining QB ranking. If you had facts or logic to back up your argument, you wouldn't be resorting to name calling.

Archived