Injury updates

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yeah, 2 years ago we needed to trade Dalton for Ryan Tannehill according to this board. 

giphy.gif

And the good old, "We coulda had Colin Kaepernick". Marvin Lewis is the reason for the season. He's gah-bage. He's had plenty of talent and opportunity to be successful and he hasn't been. Blaming Andy Dalton is not only short-sighted, it's ill-informed.

3 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

And the good old, "We coulda had Colin Kaepernick". Marvin Lewis is the reason for the season. He's gah-bage. He's had plenty of talent and opportunity to be successful and he hasn't been. Blaming Andy Dalton is not only short-sighted, it's ill-informed.

Even now - We could have Cam Newton! He's only about 5 points lower for career QB rating! This year he's actually completing more than 60% of his passes for the first time in 5 years! Muuuuch better QB!

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

At this point, you're just getting silly. You have a point you're trying to make and simply ignoring all facts the the contrary. The Bengals didn't actually suck, it was just the media! After all, we had a perfectly mediocre defense with felons! How could Dalton not succeed? Grrr, I'm using statistics unless those statistics don't prove my point at which point I'll just blame ESPN! The Bengals are one of the best coached and managed teams in the NFL when you want to shit on Dalton. Two posts later Marvin Lewis is an idiot and how dare Andy Dalton not have taken us to the Super Bowl playing for him! 

Have fun with that. I'm out.

I have never said the Bengals suck, at least not lately.  Not sure what your issue is with reading comprehension.  What I have said is we are average to slightly above average at best but now, due to injuries we are sliding backward.  It Marvin's 16 years here we have really only had one very good team and that was in 2015. Maybe 2013 as well.   Losing Andy in 2015 blew our chances of a run but AJ did fill in admirably.  Other than that, we have had a few above average wild card teams and that is it.  16 years and no post season success. 

The felons comment was made to describe how the rest of the world saw us.  The media portrayed us as criminals and didn't even look at our roster before predicting we would be lucky to win 2 games in 2011.  The media doesn't care about the Bengals.   All you have to do is listen to them call an LA Rams game.  "This Whitworth guy is really good!   I heard he played for the Bengals a few years."  Some of the same assholes said we would finish at the bottom of the division behind the new and improved Browns THIS YEAR.  

I have NEVER said the Bengals are the best coached team EVER.  They are not the worst coached team either.  Gruden replacing Brat was an upgrade.  Moving from a Yugo to a Cavalier is an upgrade. Zimmer was a damn fine DC but Marvin is just average.  Marvin is 130-115-3.  Not bad but when you throw in the 0-7 in the playoffs it knocks you down to average.  

Dalton is an average QB.  Average QBs only win playoff games if they have an Awesome defense and good offensive line.  We had that in 2015 but he got hurt.  Had similar in 2013 and he shit himself against the Chargers as did the DEFENSE.  We have nothing close to a awesome defense this year so the idea of winning playoff games is out the window.   

What facts am I ignoring?  If you are going to try and say Dalton is a great QB that would be false.  If you are going to say Marvin is a great coach, that would be false as well.    The cold hard truth is an average coach with an average QB will pretty much make for an average team.  That is us. 

3 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Even now - We could have Cam Newton! He's only about 5 points lower for career QB rating! This year he's actually completing more than 60% of his passes for the first time in 5 years! Muuuuch better QB!

So you would rather have Dalton over Newton?  

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Hell yes. Besides the statistics Newton is a fucking douchenozzle. Even if he was half as good as he (and apparently you) think he is I wouldn't enjoy watching him. But he isn't. Hard pass.

17 minutes ago, SF2 said:

How did he do against the Stealers last night?

Hell yes. 100 times out of 100.

Newton has had 2 years completing over 60% of his passes. Andy has had one year when he dipped below that thresh hold. Just by QB rating, Dalton is the better QB. And T-Dub is right, Newton is a massive douche nozzle.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Hell yes. Besides the statistics Newton is a fucking douchenozzle. Even if he was half as good as he (and apparently you) think he is I wouldn't enjoy watching him. But he isn't. Hard pass.

Make that another hell, yes.  Newton is a loser.  How often do you hear WRs leave the team and bash a supposed top QB?  Pretty regularly when they leave Carolina.  Hell, they had to run off Steve Smith because he wasn't nice enough to Newton.  Poor baby wanted to pout and Smith wouldn't have any of it. 

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

How did he do against the Stealers last night?

Hell yes. 100 times out of 100.

Newton has had 2 years completing over 60% of his passes. Andy has had one year when he dipped below that thresh hold. Just by QB rating, Dalton is the better QB. And T-Dub is right, Newton is a massive douche nozzle.

How did Andy do against KC? He gave up 45 points and only scored 10.  At least Cam scored 21.  Oh and when Dalton faced Cam this year, he threw 4 INTs.  Just another piss down the leg performance in a big game.  I get it, Cam is, you know, colorful.  I can understand why you want the soft spoken Ginger. 

And NFC Championships and playoff wins are so over rated. The outfits he wears after games certainly don't fit in with the race riot history of Cincinnati.  If he could just be a good boy, we could take a look at him.

Q: Was the TNF Ravens game not prime time and/or a "big" game?

Q: Can you name a couple of "big" games that Dalton has won?  He's definitely won some important games so I'm curious what constitutes "big" other than a combination of losing + hindsight.

Q: How did Dalton "give up 45 points" on offense? I remember several passes bouncing off receiver's hands but I can't remember Dalton getting any defensive snaps.  Pretty sure I would've noticed that.

Q:  Why do you follow the Bengals when you seem to think literally every other team in the league is superior? 

JFC. So many apathetic fans it's unbelievable. We're 5-3. By the way some post on here, you'd think we were 0-8. How can you blame the coach and the QB for injuries? We have some of the most pathetic fans in the NFL. Winning team and the stadium is half empty. Drop the QB and start over.....stupid.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

How did Andy do against KC? He gave up 45 points and only scored 10.  At least Cam scored 21.  Oh and when Dalton faced Cam this year, he threw 4 INTs.  Just another piss down the leg performance in a big game.  I get it, Cam is, you know, colorful.  I can understand why you want the soft spoken Ginger. 

And NFC Championships and playoff wins are so over rated. The outfits he wears after games certainly don't fit in with the race riot history of Cincinnati.  If he could just be a good boy, we could take a look at him.

Ocho was colorful... Liked the guy. Newton is an asshole. Big difference. And subtly calling me racist? Really beneath you man.

If Cam is so great in Primetime, maybe they should have played the Stealers at night? Oh, wait...

Vigil, Kroft, Green, Dennard, Burfict and Malone have been ruled out. Redmond is Doubtful so, I'm guessing he's out. That means Gio. Price and Boling will be in the lineup. Also, turn the Tate-Mania Dial up to 10 because Auden will be active. If he makes a catch, this board is going to erupt.

It also looks like Dez Bryant may have torn his ACL in practice and will not be active Sunday.

On 11/8/2018 at 2:26 PM, SF2 said:

No, I specifically said earlier to keep him around but find his replacement.  We have him under contract for a few more years but can get rid of him anytime starting next year.  Now firing Austin should be done 1 min after the season ends unless a dramatic change occurs. 

After reviewing your posts I did see where you walked back your original statement which was:  " If we don’t make the playoffs again the Marvin and Andy era will likely end. There is zero dead cap with Dalton next year and guys like Dennard and Green can be moved as well.  It would be time for a new coach and rebuild.. "

Your original statement was dumb and what led to a couple pages of you trying to defend yourself.  It suggests that you want to dump Dalton next year if they don't make the playoffs. 

I agree that if the Bengals can find a better QB they should get him.  That's not an easy task.  Guys like Mahomes don't fall out of trees.  KC was partly smart and partly lucky that Mahomes was willing to change his ways.

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Vigil, Kroft, Green, Dennard, Burfict and Malone have been ruled out. Redmond is Doubtful so, I'm guessing he's out. That means Gio. Price and Boling will be in the lineup. Also, turn the Tate-Mania Dial up to 10 because Auden will be active. If he makes a catch, this board is going to erupt.

It also looks like Dez Bryant may have torn his ACL in practice and will not be active Sunday.

Achilles.  :smile: 

18 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Was this meant as a racial comment? Seriously?

Followed up by the "race riot" comment? Kinda sounded that way to me.

A ) Not from Dayton (actually Springboro - Fairway drive and used to perform at La Comedia) since I was 12 - Really consider myself a Florida boy. Cincy's race riot history is not a part of my history. 

B ) I'm probably a more flamboyant dresser than Cam. And I probably own more Dashikis. 

C ) I'm allowed to think people are assholes even if they're black.

13 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

After reviewing your posts I did see where you walked back your original statement which was:  " If we don’t make the playoffs again the Marvin and Andy era will likely end. There is zero dead cap with Dalton next year and guys like Dennard and Green can be moved as well.  It would be time for a new coach and rebuild.. "

Your original statement was dumb and what led to a couple pages of you trying to defend yourself.  It suggests that you want to dump Dalton next year if they don't make the playoffs. 

I agree that if the Bengals can find a better QB they should get him.  That's not an easy task.  Guys like Mahomes don't fall out of trees.  KC was partly smart and partly lucky that Mahomes was willing to change his ways.

The Marvin AND Andy era will likely end.  You do understand that if we miss the playoffs and Marvin is let go then the Marvin AND Andy era ends correct?

A new coach will have Dalton next year but the search for his replacement would probably begin.  Dalton only has 2 years left on his contract.  I can’t see signing him to a $100 mil contract extension next year. That might even be a low number.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

The Marvin AND Andy era will likely end.  You do understand that if we miss the playoffs and Marvin is let go then the Marvin AND Andy era ends correct?

A new coach will have Dalton next year but the search for his replacement would probably begin.  Dalton only has 2 years left on his contract.  I can’t see signing him to a $100 mil contract extension next year. That might even be a low number.

First of all, you do remember who owns and runs this team?  Mike Brown isn't firing Lewis unless the team implodes.  You are applying the standards that most NFL franchises would have to the Bengals.  The Bengals don't have those standards.

Second, your initial post strongly suggests that Dalton can and should be gotten rid of if they don't make the playoffs.  Maybe that's not what you meant, but that's what you typed.  Your pride may not allow you to admit it, but it was a dumb post.

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

First of all, you do remember who owns and runs this team?  Mike Brown isn't firing Lewis unless the team implodes.  You are applying the standards that most NFL franchises would have to the Bengals.  The Bengals don't have those standards.

Second, your initial post strongly suggests that Dalton can and should be gotten rid of if they don't make the playoffs.  Maybe that's not what you meant, but that's what you typed.  Your pride may not allow you to admit it, but it was a dumb post.

Lewis is gone if we miss the playoffs again IMHO.  I think he was set up for failure when Whit and Zeitler were allowed to walk and he never wanted John Ross at #9.  I think he steps down.  The front office has failed to give him the players to do much more than secure a wildcard spot.  

We are about to find out how Dalton plays without his blanket (AJ Green).   Currently, Dalton is 19th in QB rating, 20th in yards per game, 25th in completion rate.  This isn’t anything new, he has been a high teens low 20s QB for the last 3 years.  Why you and others think it is dumb to want a better QB in what has become a pass first league is perplexing.  Dalton is the worst QB a team can have, he is an almost QB. He doesn’t suck and he almost gets you there but he can’t put the team on its back and win you big games in most cases.

Archived