A football life Carson Plamer

18 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

No surprise that it was Brown's stubbornness to change that pushed Carson away

I still don't buy that.  It didn't stop him from signing a $50 million, 6-year extension.  Carson played like shit in 2009 & 2010, that wasn't MB's fault.  People in the organization were adamant about it all being "wife-driven" and I really don't think her beef was with Mike Brown's football philosophy.

We'll probably never know what really went down but it's pretty fucking low to throw the organization under the bus to hide his own failings. 

This was an interesting view.  It reminded me of how freakishly accurate Carson was on a 20 yard out.  Other than John Elway, I still have not witnessed someone throw that kind of ball.

but this neglected to show how incredibly inaccurate Carson was on a 5 yard hitch or crossing route.  It was mind bogglingly frustrating to witness.

and this is from a guy who watched all of Jeff Blake's games.

3 hours ago, Numbers said:

A lopsided telling of a story.   The truth is out there...   It's just so much easier to blame Brown than his own moral failings as a human being. 

That's what I'm saying.  I don't even really care anymore that he quit but just say "personal reasons" or take the high road & don't talk about it, media & fans would have no choice but to accept that.  Seems obvious to me he's trying to cover his own ass.

I never was pissed that Palmer left.  At the time I  really thought he was mentally broken and/or another big injury away from calling it quits.  Teams always keep QB's way longer than they should and I really did not look forward to Palmer hanging around several more years.  I thought when Carson wanted to leave it was an easy way to cut the cord.

I guess I am one of those people that always felt if you don't want to be a Bengal then fuck you..hit the road.  Honestly, since Palmer left, I never gave the guy much thought and really did not pay attention to his career later on.

I still don't know what the guy accomplished that made people think anyone would actually care to watch a tv show about him?

23 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I never was pissed that Palmer left.  At the time I  really thought he was mentally broken and/or another big injury away from calling it quits.  Teams always keep QB's way longer than they should and I really did not look forward to Palmer hanging around several more years.  I thought when Carson wanted to leave it was an easy way to cut the cord.

I guess I am one of those people that always felt if you don't want to be a Bengal then fuck you..hit the road.  Honestly, since Palmer left, I never gave the guy much thought and really did not pay attention to his career later on.

I still don't know what the guy accomplished that made people think anyone would actually care to watch a tv show about him?

:41:

11 hours ago, Numbers said:

A lopsided telling of a story.   The truth is out there...   It's just so much easier to blame Brown than his own moral failings as a human being. 

That's what I was thinking while listening to him, always two sides to a story, but I'm sure MB's reluctance to change had SOME major part in the cocktail of shit that was brewing - though I would really like to hear about the other side, but nobody seems to want to put it out there.

6 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I've seen serious talk on tv about him being a HoF candidate. How 'bout that for a pile of BS? What were people watching? If he'd never had a knee injury, yeah but not with that career

The bar has been set really low. Now they put anybody in with decent numbers due to being in the league for a while and that's willing to join a panel on ESPN or NFL network after they retire.

Rememeber that guy who was all "We have analyzed the personality traits of great QB's, and Carson Palmer doesn't have the mental makeup to be one of the greats"... Whatever happened to that guy?

Carson had an amazing amount of God given talent, but never had the heart for the game. I'm struck by the line early on about him being "misunderstood", and he says it bothered him a little but it bothered his wife a lot. That's some thin skin. You put Chad Johnson on a list of 10 most disliked players and he's just mad he's not #1.

10 hours ago, mgbrown66 said:

This was an interesting view.  It reminded me of how freakishly accurate Carson was on a 20 yard out.  Other than John Elway, I still have not witnessed someone throw that kind of ball.

but this neglected to show how incredibly inaccurate Carson was on a 5 yard hitch or crossing route.  It was mind bogglingly frustrating to witness.

and this is from a guy who watched all of Jeff Blake's games.

I see few modern QBs that throw an accurate short ball.  Then again, we were spoiled by Ken Anderson and his freakish accuracy.  If you get a chance go back and watch him play on YouTube.  There are a few games out there.  Quality isn't good, but damn.  Anderson could put the ball inside of a mailbox within 10 yards of the LOS. 

4 hours ago, Cat said:

That's what I was thinking while listening to him, always two sides to a story, but I'm sure MB's reluctance to change had SOME major part in the cocktail of shit that was brewing - though I would really like to hear about the other side, but nobody seems to want to put it out there.

From what I have learned and filtered... 

Carson had a child with a woman who was not his wife.   This woman and her child lived with Carson and his wife for an unknown period of time.   This woman was married or did marry a player on the Bengals.   This all occurred during the period of animosity between the Bengals and Palmer or Palmer and Brown.   The trash on the yard stuff and all the reported booing and wife driven talk is true from what I can see.   Wife driven because Carson had a weak moment and let his pants fall down is a whole lot easier to understand than he his issues with the team.   Brown also had to contend with a player whos kid was fathered by Palmer.   Do I know who that player was  ?  Yes or should I say 99 percent sure.   The names, dates,  and places all matched but there is room for error.  Does it matter  ? No.   The kid has a real father now and not just a sperm donor.   

6 minutes ago, Numbers said:

From what I have learned and filtered... 

Carson had a child with a woman who was not his wife.   This woman and her child lived with Carson and his wife for an unknown period of time.   This woman was married or did marry a player on the Bengals.   This all occurred during the period of animosity between the Bengals and Palmer or Palmer and Brown.   The trash on the yard stuff and all the reported booing and wife driven talk is true from what I can see.   Wife driven because Carson had a weak moment and let his pants fall down is a whole lot easier to understand than he his issues with the team.   Brown also had to contend with a player whos kid was fathered by Palmer.   Do I know who that player was  ?  Yes or should I say 99 percent sure.   The names, dates,  and places all matched but there is room for error.  Does it matter  ? No.   The kid has a real father now and not just a sperm donor.   

So you're saying it's not a coincidence that Kitna's son is named Jordan? No wonder Carson wanted him kept on the roster... His wife is a tiger in the sack!

Just now, LostInDaJungle said:

So you're saying it's not a coincidence that Kitna's son is named Jordan? No wonder Carson wanted him kept on the roster... His wife is a tiger in the sack!

We also have people on this board whose kid is named Carson too...   He must have been busy during his time with the Bengals...   🤔

Archived