A football life Carson Plamer

Just now, LostInDaJungle said:

Yes, but Vontaze's baby has the eyes of a psychopath even as an infant. That kid looks like he's already debating whether your skin would work better as pants or a jacket.

All kinds of wrong but that is funny.   My skin is old and wrinkled.   Wouldn't even make a decent lamp shade...  🤐

1 hour ago, Numbers said:

From what I have learned and filtered... 

Carson had a child with a woman who was not his wife.   This woman and her child lived with Carson and his wife for an unknown period of time.   This woman was married or did marry a player on the Bengals.   This all occurred during the period of animosity between the Bengals and Palmer or Palmer and Brown.   The trash on the yard stuff and all the reported booing and wife driven talk is true from what I can see.   Wife driven because Carson had a weak moment and let his pants fall down is a whole lot easier to understand than he his issues with the team.   Brown also had to contend with a player whos kid was fathered by Palmer.   Do I know who that player was  ?  Yes or should I say 99 percent sure.   The names, dates,  and places all matched but there is room for error.  Does it matter  ? No.   The kid has a real father now and not just a sperm donor.   

:1violin::1violin::1violin:

:popcorn:

Great story

6 hours ago, Cat said:

That's what I was thinking while listening to him, always two sides to a story, but I'm sure MB's reluctance to change had SOME major part in the cocktail of shit that was brewing - though I would really like to hear about the other side, but nobody seems to want to put it out there.

Digging up memories of old rumors (key word) I would say Carson wanted some changes in the coaching staff.  Marvin, Zampese or maybe even/including Paul Alexander.

Mike Brown could not have his quarterback dictating who would be on the coaching staff even if he was right.

That actually fits with the changes thing brought up on the show (which I have not seen yet).

Mrs. Palmer never liked it here and some of the abuse may have been aimed at her in the stands.

I don't know who sanctioned this piece, or why someone out there has it in their head that Carson should be in the HoF (IMO, the purpose of creating it), but for anyone who doesn't want to watch it it is exactly what you would imagine: a fluff piece for Palmer and a complete character assassination against Brown and the Bengals.  I mean, we as long-time fans know all about Brown and his issues, but none of us can say we weren't entertained and given real hope since 2011.  Some proof of the "fluffiness":

- They play the sad music about the Bengals being mostly mediocre-to-poor from '06-'10 because of Brown's complete unwillingness to try to win, but give all the credit for the '09 season to Carson.

- Carson says Brown is "a very stubborn man - but I might be more stubborn".  And look what that got you - a much worse experience in Oakland.  But they let Carson accuse Brown of purposely trading him to Oakland because he... knew it would be worse there?  Seriously?  Carson's words:  "He knew what he was doing trading me there, you go from one form of dysfunction to another".  Ok, thanks Sherlock (fucking baby).  Note that the only real positive thing they said about the Bengals in the entire piece is that the trade netted an "impressive haul" - yet IMO still made it sound sarcastic, like "the Bengals got what they wanted, but what about poor Carson?".

- After spending the entire piece letting Brown and the Bengals get torn to shreds, no mention of the success they had after Carson left.  None.  If you're at least trying to be fair you say the trade turned out well for both parties, maybe?

- The piece is edited to make it seem like Carson's return to PBS with the Cards where they won in the last minute was some proof that he was right, or they shouldn't have given up on him or he was the returning hero or... but they didn't show us blasting him and the Raiders before that, on the way to our first back-to-back playoff seasons in 30 years.

Another thing to keep in mind about all this: the piece was created by NFL Films.  Meaning, the NFL wrote, filmed, produced, edited and released a piece that completely shames one of its current owners and teams.  I've always felt the other owners and the league itself are highly disapproving of Brown, and this to me only proves it.  Now, would any of us care, generally speaking?  Or maybe even approve of that attitude?  Yeah, probably.  But it's the outcome that I don't approve of.  We're the fans.  We pay for this shit.  They only exist because we pay attention.  So rather than allow one of your teams (and by extension, the fans) be shamed by your own employees and companies, how about being neutral and let the fucking FANS take care of shaming the team with the only thing that matters - our wallets and our attention.  You'll know when Brown has hit rock bottom because the team has no fans left - until then, STFO.

Carson screwed MB and MB definitely screwed him back by trading him to Oakland.  Why'd he think they'd trade him to a good situation is beyond comprehension.  It goes to show how poorly planned his retirement or trade threat really was and it's why I've always believed something else brought this situation about.  The rumors about his wife's role came about almost immediately after the story broke and it's hard to believe there isn't some truth to them.

I just wished they would've traded his soft punk bitch ass to Buffalo so he would've had to sit his ass on a torpedo heater during every tv timeout like his little socal twat ass did here. All while his teammates were huddled in the middle of the field like men. 

13 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

I don't know who sanctioned this piece, or why someone out there has it in their head that Carson should be in the HoF (IMO, the purpose of creating it), but for anyone who doesn't want to watch it it is exactly what you would imagine: a fluff piece for Palmer and a complete character assassination against Brown and the Bengals.  I mean, we as long-time fans know all about Brown and his issues, but none of us can say we weren't entertained and given real hope since 2011.  Some proof of the "fluffiness":

- They play the sad music about the Bengals being mostly mediocre-to-poor from '06-'10 because of Brown's complete unwillingness to try to win, but give all the credit for the '09 season to Carson.

- Carson says Brown is "a very stubborn man - but I might be more stubborn".  And look what that got you - a much worse experience in Oakland.  But they let Carson accuse Brown of purposely trading him to Oakland because he... knew it would be worse there?  Seriously?  Carson's words:  "He knew what he was doing trading me there, you go from one form of dysfunction to another".  Ok, thanks Sherlock (fucking baby).  Note that the only real positive thing they said about the Bengals in the entire piece is that the trade netted an "impressive haul" - yet IMO still made it sound sarcastic, like "the Bengals got what they wanted, but what about poor Carson?".

- After spending the entire piece letting Brown and the Bengals get torn to shreds, no mention of the success they had after Carson left.  None.  If you're at least trying to be fair you say the trade turned out well for both parties, maybe?

- The piece is edited to make it seem like Carson's return to PBS with the Cards where they won in the last minute was some proof that he was right, or they shouldn't have given up on him or he was the returning hero or... but they didn't show us blasting him and the Raiders before that, on the way to our first back-to-back playoff seasons in 30 years.

Another thing to keep in mind about all this: the piece was created by NFL Films.  Meaning, the NFL wrote, filmed, produced, edited and released a piece that completely shames one of its current owners and teams.  I've always felt the other owners and the league itself are highly disapproving of Brown, and this to me only proves it.  Now, would any of us care, generally speaking?  Or maybe even approve of that attitude?  Yeah, probably.  But it's the outcome that I don't approve of.  We're the fans.  We pay for this shit.  They only exist because we pay attention.  So rather than allow one of your teams (and by extension, the fans) be shamed by your own employees and companies, how about being neutral and let the fucking FANS take care of shaming the team with the only thing that matters - our wallets and our attention.  You'll know when Brown has hit rock bottom because the team has no fans left - until then, STFO.

"We were really young..." They say as footage of him standing next to Bobbie Williams and Cedric Benson rolls.

"I made demands..." And who the fuck do you think you are? You think you get to decide who gets signed as the back-up QB? You think it's your decision about who is the GM?

This actually bothers me more and more... Yes, you were a first round pick. But you had accomplished jack nothing up to that point. And you're making fucking demands about who you want signed and how the team is run? Because you thought signing TO was a genius move? Because Christ, we have to have Jon Kitna back.... What's next, you're going to retire if the team doesn't relocate to LA? And as you yourself noted, the Bengals are far from being the only club that has issues. Who died and made you King Poop of Shit Mountain Mr. "Won one playoff game in 15 years"? Is Bellechik still shitting on Tom Brady on the regular? Yes? Are you Tom fucking Brady? No? Then sit the fuck down and keep making lame jokes about the Gatorade.

The fucking YEAR you "retired" a Rookie QB took this team to the playoffs. The year before that we looked better with Ryan Shitzpatrick under center... The problem wasn't the other 52 guys, it was a douchebag pretty boy getting too big for his britches. He mentions it had been brewing for years, even before the Extension... Well, that confirms the fan feeling that you checked out on the team somewhere around 2008 and still had no problem taking Mikey's $50M - and then using that money to make threats. Makes you a gutless coward. You went to the Raiders... That's what happens when you sign an extension you idiot! If you wanted to pick your team, hit Free Agency - Oh, but you were probably scared that no one would want to pay you the big money the Bengals were offering for a pick 6 machine who couldn't stay on the field. The problem WAS YOU.

And those of us who remember know that it was about poor Shaelyn's feewings getting hurt because you had a shitty game/season/life. How can such a big guy be such a little bitch?

And that part about Chris Henry made me want to gag. He was so broken up about the guy he refused to help back in the day. 

If they do enshrine him in the HOF, his official picture should have him wearing a condom instead of a helmet - Carson is a massive dick head. 

13 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

"We were really young..." They say as footage of him standing next to Bobbie Williams and Cedric Benson rolls.

"I made demands..." And who the fuck do you think you are? You think you get to decide who gets signed as the back-up QB? You think it's your decision about who is the GM?

This actually bothers me more and more... Yes, you were a first round pick. But you had accomplished jack nothing up to that point. And you're making fucking demands about who you want signed and how the team is run? Because you thought signing TO was a genius move? Because Christ, we have to have Jon Kitna back.... What's next, you're going to retire if the team doesn't relocate to LA? And as you yourself noted, the Bengals are far from being the only club that has issues. Who died and made you King Poop of Shit Mountain Mr. "Won one playoff game in 15 years"? Is Bellechik still shitting on Tom Brady on the regular? Yes? Are you Tom fucking Brady? No? Then sit the fuck down and keep making lame jokes about the Gatorade.

The fucking YEAR you "retired" a Rookie QB took this team to the playoffs. The year before that we looked better with Ryan Shitzpatrick under center... The problem wasn't the other 52 guys, it was a douchebag pretty boy getting too big for his britches. He mentions it had been brewing for years, even before the Extension... Well, that confirms the fan feeling that you checked out on the team somewhere around 2008 and still had no problem taking Mikey's $50M - and then using that money to make threats. Makes you a gutless coward. You went to the Raiders... That's what happens when you sign an extension you idiot! If you wanted to pick your team, hit Free Agency - Oh, but you were probably scared that no one would want to pay you the big money the Bengals were offering for a pick 6 machine who couldn't stay on the field. The problem WAS YOU.

And those of us who remember know that it was about poor Shaelyn's feewings getting hurt because you had a shitty game/season/life. How can such a big guy be such a little bitch?

And that part about Chris Henry made me want to gag. He was so broken up about the guy he refused to help back in the day. 

If they do enshrine him in the HOF, his official picture should have him wearing a condom instead of a helmet - Carson is a massive dick head. 

It is all rather comical.  Carson had excellent teams in Cincy the first 5 years and couldn't get it done.  Sure the defense sucked, so did Brett Favres and Aaron Rodgers.  Rodgers went 15-1 one year with the 32 rated defense. 

Yeah, the Kimo hit sucked but the reality is we were an 11-5 team with a bad defense that lost a wild card game in 2005.  As has been said before, if it was that bad he should have forgone the extension and moved to a different team.  Its not like Mike Brown's ineptitude was a secret.  Palmer was alive during the 90's and early 2000s.   Palmer had a shot in Arizona and couldn't stay healthy.  It not Mike Brown's fault Palmer was not a durable QB.  He held on to the ball way too long,  took too many shots and threw too many horrible INTs. 

All of this pales in comparison to throwing a temper tantrum and demanding a trade.    When that was denied he quit.   When the right deal was offered he was shipped off to an even more dysfunctional team.  Too bad. 

23 hours ago, Numbers said:

From what I have learned and filtered... 

Carson had a child with a woman who was not his wife.   This woman and her child lived with Carson and his wife for an unknown period of time.   This woman was married or did marry a player on the Bengals.   This all occurred during the period of animosity between the Bengals and Palmer or Palmer and Brown.   The trash on the yard stuff and all the reported booing and wife driven talk is true from what I can see.   Wife driven because Carson had a weak moment and let his pants fall down is a whole lot easier to understand than he his issues with the team.   Brown also had to contend with a player whos kid was fathered by Palmer.   Do I know who that player was  ?  Yes or should I say 99 percent sure.   The names, dates,  and places all matched but there is room for error.  Does it matter  ? No.   The kid has a real father now and not just a sperm donor.   

This mostly lines up with the rumors I heard coming from insiders at the time, but all they had said was that the woman was someone "within the organization".   I assumed it was a trainer or rehab person, that sort of thing happens a lot with physical therapists from what I understand just because of the close nature of their work, and lord knows Carson spent enough time with them getting duct-taped back together.

First I've heard of it being another player's wife, though.  That's an extra level of scummy.  I mean we all could see he had no leadership ability, but impregnating a teammate's wife really puts an exclamation point on it.

What's kind of funny/disturbing about the rest of it is that this piece sounds more about the NFL getting to shit on Redeemer than it is about Carson.  If he wasn't talking all this trash about the Bengals nobody would give a fuck about Carson "I was briefly a Big Deal at USC" Palmer.  The highlight of his NFL career was a shady contract holdout - some legacy.  Like someone else pointed out, if the NFL is willing to go through the trouble to produce & air something like this, in what other ways is that bias affecting the team?

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

Golden Tate was banging Russell Wilson's wife during the Super Bowl in NY. That was the end of that marriage and also the end of Tate in Seattle. It happens

I think any of us don't think it happens, what is annoying is (if true) Carson is simply blowing of smoke up our asses and we are only seeing 1 side of this thing.   Even if it isn't true, dude quit.  He would have had the best teams he ever had the next 6 years. 

The next 6 years after quitter left our defense was ranked 9,8,5,12,2 and 8.   He NEVER had a good defense except 2009.   And by 2012 he would have had AJGreen,  Gresham (way better than any other TE he ever had), Whit, Andre Smith, Zeitler,  Boling, Sanu, Marvin Jones and a decent Green-Ellis.  That with the #8 defense.  That with Geno Atkins, rookie Vontaze Burfict,  MJ, Dunlap, etc.   2013 he would have added Eifert and Gio.   

You missed out you whining QUITTER!!!!   You had a talented deep playoff team waiting in the wings and you blew it!!  

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He NEVER had a good defense except 2009.   

On that note, this is Carson's stat line from the WC game against the Jets

Player Tm Cmp Att Yds TD Int Sk Yds Lng Rate Att Yds TD Lng Tgt Rec Yds TD Lng Fmb FL
Carson Palmer CIN 18 36 146 1 1 3 36 19 58.3 1 2 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 1

Acting like he was carrying a bad team at the end is 100% bullshit driven.  Dude had already quit well before that, he just hadn't said the words yet.

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

On that note, this is Carson's stat line from the WC game against the Jets

Player Tm Cmp Att Yds TD Int Sk Yds Lng Rate Att Yds TD Lng Tgt Rec Yds TD Lng Fmb FL
Carson Palmer CIN 18 36 146 1 1 3 36 19 58.3 1 2 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 1

Acting like he was carrying a bad team at the end is 100% bullshit driven.  Dude had already quit well before that, he just hadn't said the words yet.

We had the #4 defense.  All he needed to do was play decent which he didn't.   Granted the Jets had a great defense but Carson, you were the franchise.  #1 pick and Heisman winner.  18-36 for 146 ain't getting done.  Keep in mind Benson ran for 169 yards in that game.  Play action should have been working like a charm.   You didn't get it done #9.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

We had the #4 defense.  All he needed to do was play decent which he didn't.   Granted the Jets had a great defense but Carson, you were the franchise.  #1 pick and Heisman winner.  18-36 for 146 ain't getting done.  Keep in mind Benson ran for 169 yards in that game.  Play action should have been working like a charm.   You didn't get it done #9.

TBF that team didn't look right at all to me, maybe it was Carson's shitty diaper to blame, maybe they all had the flu IDK but stats aside they just didn't look at all focused or ready to be there.  

edit:  Could say that about most of our playoff appearances, other than '05 and '15. 

Archived