A football life Carson Plamer

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

TBF that team didn't look right at all to me, maybe it was Carson's shitty diaper to blame, maybe they all had the flu IDK but stats aside they just didn't look at all focused or ready to be there.  

Absolutely.

The had just played (and lost) the team the week before so they had to have some idea what they were all about.

I remember going through the usual "Marvin ... not prepared, not motivated" mantra in my head but they simply did

not look like they were mentally in the game at all.  Humiliating.

Couldn't understand it.  How could they be so brain numb in a freakin' playoff game?

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Absolutely.

The had just played (and lost) the team the week before so they had to have some idea what they were all about.

I remember going through the usual "Marvin ... not prepared, not motivated" mantra in my head but they simply did

not look like they were mentally in the game at all.  Humiliating.

Couldn't understand it.  How could they be so brain numb in a freakin' playoff game?

Well IDK that it happened, but I could see how the QB knocking up another player's wife might be a distraction.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Well IDK that it happened, but I could see how the QB knocking up another player's wife might be a distraction.

Wasnt one of the players or coaches also hooking up with the teenage daughter of another coach around that time?  Nate Webster?

47 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Wasnt one of the players or coaches also hooking up with the teenage daughter of another coach around that time?  Nate Webster?

Yep, 2009.  Girl was 15 yrs old and the daughter of an assistant coach.  Nate Webster also carried a gun and threatened the girl and her family.  Nate got sent to prison as a result.

I still don't buy the "he left because of Mike Brown" story. He had never been a part of a different organization, and our organization was doing pretty decent at the time, not great but not 2-14 either. Listening to him telling the story of why he wanted out, it sounded like something he printed off of a message board, posted by a forum member. This is a small effort to be mentioned as a possibility for the hall of fame, in my opinion...

6 minutes ago, BengalsOwn said:

I still don't buy the "he left because of Mike Brown" story. He had never been a part of a different organization, and our organization was doing pretty decent at the time, not great but not 2-14 either. Listening to him telling the story of why he wanted out, it sounded like something he printed off of a message board, posted by a forum member. This is a small effort to be mentioned as a possibility for the hall of fame, in my opinion...

Yeah I have no idea where the HoF talk is coming from..  What did he do on an NFL field that was remotely HoF worthy?  He had a couple of good years, never won anything of consequence and had 6 (six!) turnovers in the biggest game he ever played, personally & dramatically sinking his team's shot at a SB.  I assume the NCAA has its own HoF? Maybe he can be in that one wherever it is.. But Canton? Carson Palmer?? Dafuk...

9 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Yep, 2009.  Girl was 15 yrs old and the daughter of an assistant coach.  Nate Webster also carried a gun and threatened the girl and her family.  Nate got sent to prison as a result.

*cough*th-9.jpeg*cough*

(Source:  I plugged "Nate Webster" into the Yahoo and the coach's name appeared in several searches but none of the articles that I saw)

20 minutes ago, saphead said:

Damn I don't remember hearing all the sordid details about the Webster case but that is some sick & creepy shit. 

http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/pdf_viewer/pdf_viewer.aspx?pdf=737818.pdf 

The average 15 year old girl verses a just retired NFL linebacker.  What a sick douche this guy is.   No wonder he went to the big house and I ain't talking Ann Arbor. 

Archived