Bengal-less Sunday Games Thread

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Oh it was the right call, my point being it's the right call no matter what color jersey the guy was wearing.

Agreed, I  figured Williams was going to be ejected immediately after it happened. Was a bad play all around by him.

3 minutes ago, gupps said:

Agreed, I  figured Williams was going to be ejected immediately after it happened. Was a bad play all around by him.

I thought it looked much worse on replay FWIW.  Dude started his slide when Williams was already committed.  Still he should know it's 2-hand touch on a QB outside the pocket.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Falcons DB ejected for the same sort of hit that got Williams tossed last week:

Sucks being a no-name guy in the NFL.

Cam started his slide when he was two yards away and flying, so he was supposed to stop on a dime and injure himself.

9 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

What was it this time?

Cleveland scored a TD with like 40 seconds left and tied the game and the kicker missed his 2nd extra point of the day. NO drove down, got a FG with like 20 seconds left, Cleveland drove down and kicker missed a 54 yard FG (his 2nd missed FG of the day also).

For those that aren't sure, Pittsburgh shouldn't have been anywhere close in this game.  Their defense looked like utter trash, their running game relies on big runs opened up with illegal blocks (which they couldn't use today being down 21-0 in the first quarter), and without the standard 4-5 seconds Ben gets through the worst holding you can imagine, they wouldn't have been able to do anything.

The much more interesting story line is Mahomes.  This dude looks like an absolute stud.  I was already impressed watching him in the preseason, we all know he has the big gun, but good lord is he accurate too (and not to mention he can run if he has to).  In case anyone didn't hear/read, he now has the league record for most TD passes in the first two games to start a season with 10.  How long before the "we need a first round QB stud" crowd notices that he was picked right after John Ross?... 😁

This goes to show what I think separates the contenders from the pretenders: a pass rush. Many teams in the NFL can move the ball and score points. Even Bortles is doing that today. The only way to stop it is by putting pressure on the QB. Big Ben dropped back over 60 times but was only sacked once. The Bengals know this hence their $$ spent on their pass rushers. 

Archived