Bengal-less Sunday Games Thread

55 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Goes to show kicking well in college doesn't always translate to the NFL. A huge part of that job is mental. The Browns are going through the same thing.   Roberto Aguayo is another example

100% correct.  Its real easy to hit them in practice when they don't mean anything. Zimmer already lost out on the playoffs once because his kicker couldn't hit a chip shot with only a couple of seconds left on the clock.   

Guy was 0-3 on field goals.  Granted one was a 63 yarder but the other 2 were 24 yards and 39 yards. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Zimmer cut a kicker he drafted? 

What an idiot. 

:ninja: 

On that note there were costly missed FG's in a few games yesterday.  Where did Jonathan Brown end up? I understand cutting him if he was missing at 30-40 yards but I'd hoped we'd keep working with him.  We don't trust the guy we have now beyond 45 so it seems to me it'd be worth the effort developing a replacement with that kind of range.  Again, I'd still rather have a guy that's automatic at 35 yards but I' though we might get Brown on the practice squad.  What kind of contact are teams allowed with unsigned players? Could the Bengals do something like pay for his living expenses, trainers, gym membership and a Netflix subscription without actually paying a salary? Hire him on as a strangely overpaid assistant equipment guy?

Yeah, that sounds shady.  The kind of shady that other teams are probably doing.

12 minutes ago, SF2 said:

100% correct.  Its real easy to hit them in practice when they don't mean anything. Zimmer already lost out on the playoffs once because his kicker couldn't hit a chip shot with only a couple of seconds left on the clock.   

Guy was 0-3 on field goals.  Granted one was a 63 yarder but the other 2 were 24 yards and 39 yards. 

It's crazy how these guys get the yips like that and go in the tank.  You see it happen even to really good kickers.  The great ones are the ones that get over it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/hue-jackson-didnt-know-zane-gonzalez-kicking-injured-sunday-040058719.html

Also turns out Gonzalez was (supposedly) injured Sunday and Get A Clue Hue didn't know.

This is a week after Stash Gordon started after Hueless said he wouldn't and somehow did not know he did.

Elsewhere in the teams in the winless column...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/Stealers-antonio-brown-didnt-report-work-monday-164359268.html

Antonio Brown skips the Monday team meetings.

Maybe he and Tinker Bell were sharing a moment.

Gotta love it.

Archived