Mike Mitchell? Really?

43 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Why are they working out this fuck? Why are they looking at safeties? Depth? Do they want our skills players to practice getting speared?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/18/17875892/nfl-free-agents-bengals-Stealers-safety-mike-mitchell-charles-tapper

Geez, if only we had a former starting safety on the roster during training camp.

But hey, we have $16M in cap space to roll over! WhoDey!

Curiously we brought in a few people that have burned us ...   Thomas Rawls RB

"Rawls currently holds the Seahawks' record for the most single game rushing yards by a rookie running back (209) and the most rushing yards by an undrafted rookie in his first 6 games (711). He also holds the Seahawks' record for most yards in a postseason game (161), accomplished on January 7, 2017 in the wildcard round versus the Detroit Lions."

"2015, including a 69-yard touchdown run in a game against the undefeated Cincinnati Bengals. However, the Seahawks would give up a 17-point fourth quarter lead to lose the game, curiously not using Rawls once during overtime."

However, he has injury history.

"December 13, 2015, fractured ankle.

September 2016, fractured fibula.

December 4, 2016.  Helped to annihilate the Panthers when he had 15 attempts for 106 yards and 2 TDs.

2017 season.   157 rushing yards on 58 carries, nine receptions for 94 yards.

March 30, 2018, Rawls signed with the Jets.   He was released on September 1, 2018."

In short, if this kid can pass a medical and the potential is there, I'd say sign him.   Who bites the dust as a result ? Don't know. This kid at worst is still a better option at RB (if healthy)  than the current crop IMHO.

2 hours ago, Numbers said:

"2015, including a 69-yard touchdown run in a game against the undefeated Cincinnati Bengals. However, the Seahawks would give up a 17-point fourth quarter lead to lose the game, curiously not using Rawls once during overtime."

I remember that game. It was my oldest son's first Bengals game. What a great comeback that was against the defending SB champs.

And fuck Mike Mitchell.

Archived